What's new

Turkey limits defense sales to India to appease Pakistan

Great Job by Turkey, If India -Pakistan relations spiral downwards, Turkey should extend similar courtesy to other areas as well in limiting bilateral trade and economic transactions with India to show solidarity with Pakistan.

It's a gesture of goodwill and much appreciated. Pakistan doesn't whine in-front of arms exporters to stop sales to India, the way India does. This is Turkey's unilateral decision--------Which also hints that Turkey prefers Pakistan over India.
Seriously?

Pakistan likely to take up Patriot issue with US - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

"The Pakistanis will need to do some soul searching to determine what effect it will have on their strategic defence," said the expert. When asked what Pakistan could do to meet the threat posed by the expected sale of Patriot missiles to India, the expert said: "Pakistan will have to acquire counter-capability. This new development will tip the balance in India's favour unless it is redressed."
"They will take up the issue with the Americans," said the expert when asked what could be Pakistan's immediate response.

India still a place where women are raped and streets are toilet as a part of daily routine.
did anyone talked about turkey's social problems here......when no argument left then use rape and toilet like idiot and coward

here read some :
Violence compared: rape in Turkey and India | openDemocracy

These are social problems which should be talked with prudence manner the way you are behaving it's a insult to victims not only mine country but your too.....

neither seawolf submarine

I know, how rude of the US not to sell submarines that India didn't ask for and the US doesn't export. Such bad manners from the US that it doesn't ignore its own export laws:

The United States does not export nuclear-powered submarines nor does it operate, produce, or export diesel-powered submarines. U.S. shipbuilder Litton Ingalls (now a subsidiary of Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding) built the U.S. Navy's last conventional submarine in 1959. If required, the United States does possess sophisticated diesel-electric submarine designs that can be used for future production.

United States Submarine Import and Export Behavior | Articles | NTI Analysis | NTI

Such bad manners of the US not to offer something to India that it doesn't sell, and such bad behavior from India not too accept that which the US didn't offer.

Oh, and these aren't too bad themselves:

Indian_Navy%27s_TROPEX-2014_%288%29.JPG

Fq3KBVt.jpg

India has been offered US consultation services, for help on its next class of nuclear subs, but the US wont sell submarines or submarine technologies, just offer to help with the designs.

India has yet to accept the US offer.

India may get US, French cos as partners for building nuclear submarines

To be really honest, this seems to be taking the Turks taking the piss on Pakistanis :lol:

Because India will likely never purchase anything from Turkey as India has US, Russia, Germany, France and Israel as suppliers for any military needs that cannot be fulfilled by domestic companies.

And Turks are using this to score brownie points with Pakistanis...who I am sure will feel super happy over what is literally nothing and will always remain so. Just like how they feel happy just by statements of brotherhood by Arabs!

This is a win win situation :D

Read the damn thing you posted idiot.. Turkey and India are imcomparable on such things. Every country has social problems but Indians insist on being a world brand on being dirty and lawless.
As i said people like you are disgrace to your own people .......
And as far as world brand is considered india did some major achievement like in education, nuclear space which you're yet to make some

Thanks for being the lackey of NATO that it's in good shape otherwise we are seeing what is happening to ME

As i said people like you are disgrace to your own people .......
And as far as world brand is considered india did some major achievement like in education, nuclear space which you're yet to make some

Thanks for being the lackey of NATO that it's in good shape otherwise we are seeing what is happening to ME
offtopic but plz check the thread i tagged you
Urgent help needed from Indian members | Page 10

Turkey followed a policy of restricting arms sales to India in order to not irk close ally Pakistan, a senior lawmaker from the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) recently revealed.

Speaking to the members of the Defense Commission in the Turkish Parliament in December, the commission chairman, Faruk Özlü, said the government directive on the sale of defense products to India was restricted to non-lethal items only when he was involved in talks as the deputy head of the Undersecretariat for the Defense Industry (SSM), the government's top arms procurement agency.

“I wanted to finish my speech with an anecdote,” Özlü said, while moderating the debate in the Defense Commission on Dec. 9 meeting where he volunteered the information to lawmakers. He said he went to India for a defense industry fair and was accompanied by officials from ASELSAN, a state-owned defense giant in electronics and weapons systems in Turkey. He said ASELSAN officials told him about the possibility of marketing military-grade handheld radios to India in large quantities.

Özlü said the Turkish Foreign Ministry's view, as relayed by the Turkish Embassy in New Delhi, was “If it is not an explosive, guns or deadlier arms such as missiles, then items like radios and vehicles can be sold.”
“I mean [to do so] without alienating or offending Pakistan,” he added.
The policy of restricting the sale of defense products to just non-lethal items for India was never announced publicly by Turkey.

The chairman of the Defense Commission did not disclose the date of the visit to India but said Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu was foreign minister at the time. Davutoğlu served as foreign minister between 2009 and 2014.
He noted that the policy on defense product sales was decided jointly by the Ministries of Defense and Foreign Affairs, as well as by the office of the Chief of General Staff.

Turkey has friendly bilateral relations with both Pakistan and India, but leans towards Pakistan due to their long historical and cultural ties. Turkey and Pakistan support each other on all international platforms, and Pakistan has adopted a highly supportive approach on international matters that are of special interest to Turkey.
Turkey has also started displaying more interest in cultivating better ties with India as part of its policy of opening up further to Asia and Southeast Asia.

In 2010 Turkey organized an international conference on Afghanistan, the İstanbul Summit on Friendship and Cooperation in the “Heart of Asia.” India was not invited to the summit as Pakistan objected to its participation, prompting New Delhi to express its disappointment to Ankara.

Turkey limits defense sales to India to appease Pakistan
Turkey can make millions by selling weapons to India but it doesn't only because of Pakistan , that's called a real brother ...

I respect Turkey's great gesture..

on topic ::: even if Turkey open its industry for India.. Indian most probably will first look for US, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Israeli, German, French or British items then Turk...

Moreover even if they chose Turkish weapons. it does not effect Pakistan in anyways... as they are already getting quality weapons from different suppliers... even f-35 is on offer along with super hornet TOT......

Last edited:
Turkey can make millions by selling weapons to India but it doesn't only because of Pakistan , that's called a real brother ...
what turks is going to sell to india??? again i am not questioning their capability

Last edited:
Considering India is the second biggest arms importer after Saudi Arabia and Turkey has been rapidly expanding its defense industry (with $2 billion arms export in 2015), it shouldn't come as a surprise if the two country would involve in arms trade.

So I wonder what's with the silly Indian reaction to the report...

In 2013, SIPRI introduced an ‘emerging producers’ category to better track the evolution of companies based in countries that have stated goals of military industrialization. For 2014, this category covers Brazil, India, South Korea and Turkey. The combined arms sales of companies located in these countries represents 3.7 per cent of SIPRI Top 100 total arms sales. Their revenues rose by 5.1 per cent between 2013 and 2014.

There are two Turkish arms-producing companies ranked in the Top 100: ASELSAN, which increased its sales by 5.6 per cent in 2014, but has moved down in the ranking from 66th to 73rd; and Turkish Aerospace Industry (TAI), which has entered the Top 100 at rank 89, with a growth in arms sales of 15.1 per cent. ‘Turkey is seeking more self-sufficiency for its arms supplies and this, coupled with an aggressive export drive, has contributed to the rapid growth in revenue for ASELSAN and TAI,’ says Pieter Wezeman, a Senior Researcher at SIPRI.

14 Dec. 2015: Global arms industry: West still dominant despite decline; sales surge in rest of the world, says SIPRI — www.sipri.org
disappointing report man, I thought turkey is like brother country to aindia because of our culture (Mughal and Turk Muslims) but you guys disappointed me :(

To be really honest, this seems to be taking the Turks taking the piss on Pakistanis :lol:

Because India will likely never purchase anything from Turkey as India has US, Russia, Germany, France and Israel as suppliers for any military needs that cannot be fulfilled by domestic companies.

And Turks are using this to score brownie points with Pakistanis...who I am sure will feel super happy over what is literally nothing and will always remain so. Just like how they feel happy just by statements of brotherhood by Arabs!

This is a win win situation :D
for Turks,
race > Religion !)

a turks will save a non Muslim turk before UE will try to save a non turk Muslim brother"

that's why I like and respect them. they are atlast 1000 times better then our pussified males.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom