What's new

Trump changes the game forever

Old School

Reaction score
US, Israelis and Russians all killed government officials of an enemy state in the past but they were refrained from publicly acknowledging those assassinations. There were 'plausible deniabilities' in order to prevent tit for tat reactions. These all came to an end after Trump not only had officially acknowledged the overt killing but also bragged about it. The taboo no longer exists. Does Iran have both financial and military capabilities of assassinating a high government figure anywhere in the world in some overt and spectacular styles ? Of course , they do. Trump has now raised the stakes of the game. Iran has to do it all itself now without any proxy if it wants to match Trump.

I just want to say that Americans and Iranians have gone too far. They would have solved their problems via dialogue. Specially what US did was uncalled for. They have shot one general and now if they think that their problem is solved then they are wrong. Now, more generals like him will born.Whereas US is already had their troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, how many more are they gonna deploy? Why do both government want their women to become widow and their children orphan. Trust me, no one will win. Both nations will face dire consequences and the colletral damage will be unimaginable.
Both nations still have time, they better try to find a peaceful way out before this political pressure game turns into bloodbath.
Peace

US, Israelis and Russians all killed government officials of an enemy state in the past but they were refrained from publicly acknowledging those assassinations. There were 'plausible deniabilities' in order to prevent tit for tat reactions. These all came to an end after Trump not only had officially acknowledged the overt killing but also bragged about it. The taboo no longer exists. Does Iran have both financial and military capabilities of assassinating a high government figure anywhere in the world in some overt and spectacular styles ? Of course , they do. Trump has now raised the stakes of the game. Iran has to do it all itself now without any proxy if it wants to match Trump.
Depends if US officially considers this guy a genuine government official.

Depends if US officially considers this guy a genuine government official.
That can be said about anyone. Many Americans do not consider Trump to be their own president.
Government officials are well defined in the military and diplomatic handbooks.

That can be said about anyone. Many Americans do not consider Trump to be their own president.
Its not many Americans. Its American government that matters. And yes, anyone can be made into a "Leader of a violent group".

I just want to say that Americans and Iranians have gone too far. They would have solved their problems via dialogue. Specially what US did was uncalled for. They have shot one general and now if they think that their problem is solved then they are wrong. Now, more generals like him will born.Whereas US is already had their troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, how many more are they gonna deploy? Why do both government want their women to become widow and their children orphan. Trust me, no one will win. Both nations will face dire consequences and the colletral damage will be unimaginable.
Both nations still have time, they better try to find a peaceful way out before this political pressure game turns into bloodbath.
Peace

US under Mr President is quite diff than obama. We are going through a dangerous period.

Has United States of America completed her targets in Afghanistan and Iraq? What their troops are still doing in Afghanistan and why they want to have peace dialogues? What about Iraq? In addition to that US already has a challenge in the form of China. Why American government is making same mistake over and over.
Trump has created problem not only for himself but also for poor American people.If he was really able to solve it and had his "superior hand" over Iran then this wouldn't have come to this level. This shows that Trump's foreign policy in the case of Iran has not functioned and he has failed to build pressure in early stages or else Iran would have withdrawn.
It's not about chest thumping or bragging about military power.It is about political and strategical blunder.
Regards

Old tricks often work. Its not just old, its timeless.
Yes. Thinking Boemerang.

Has United States of America has completed her targets in Afghanistan and Iraq? What their troops are still doing in Afghanistan and why they want to have peace dialogues? What about Iraq? In addition to that US already has a challenge in the form of China. Why American government is making same mistako over and over.
Trump has created problem not only for himself but also for poor American people.If he was really able to solve it and had his "superio hand" over Iran then this wouldn't have come to this level. This shows that Trump's foreign policy in the case of Iran has not functioned and he has failed to build pressurein early stages or else Iran would have withdrawn.
Regards
When millenial kids run the foreign policies, this is all you get. Actual US foreign policies are run by millenial kids instead of seasoned diplomats.

In my humble opinion, I think the US wants to hit Iran with nuclear weapons and make it exemplary enough for Russia and China to stay in their places so as not to challenge the US global dominance for the next few decades.

Unfortunately, Iran has got the short straw.

In my humble opinion, I think the US wants to hit Iran with nuclear weapons and make it exemplary enough for Russia and China to stay in their places so as not to challenge the US global dominance for the next few decades.

Unfortunately, Iran has got the short straw.
Iran failed to learn from comrade Kim of DPRK.

..and what if Iran hits back with nuclear weapons? Is US ready for it? What if this war take a "little longer than expected?" and what if they give massive damage to US during the battle?
What will happen when dead bodies of Irani and American soldiers be received by their respective families?
..and how it is going to effect on other nations as well as how it is going to impact the so called climate change (which was quite a hot topic in past few days).
This is really painful for me to imagine.
Regards

..and what if Iran hits back with nuclear weapons? Is US ready for it? What if this war took a "longer than expected?" and what if they give massive damage to US during the battle?
What will happen when dead bodies of Irani and American soldiers will be received by their respective families?
..and how it is going to effect on other nations as well as so called climate (which was quite hit topic in past few days).
This is really painful for me to imagine.
Regards
Hey buddy, do you think, this situation is a blessing in disguise?
Do you see iran more oriented towards Pakistan, China and Russia after this ?
Could they realize that they have been wrongly betraying us from some time ?

@PakSword @Mangus Ortus Novem @blain2
You guys are thinktank (if not officially on this forum), let me know your views as i find you people quite reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom