What's new

"Trucker carrying drugs to India has Diplomatic immunity"says Pakistan.

Why is Pakistan so keen on protecting a drug trafficer?
My guess is that the drug money was planned to finance terrorism in J&K...

This sorta set up basically.

Cargo scanning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mobile_x-ray_truck_Zoll_-2.jpg

Do we really have these scanners at LOC? Weapons i can understand but how these scanners can identify drugs?

Two different cases, and your comparison is completely flawed. I'm not going to derail the thread, so I won't get too much into it. All I'll say is that Afridi should have know something was up when he was asked to run a fake vaccination campaign. Whereas the truck drivers, to them, it's a routine job they do every day. They come and they go, what do they care what they're transporting. It could be chickens or it could be melons.

It's completely possible. Just let them go for the sake of peace. It's not that hard, and similar situations have happened before.

The warning will deter future drug smugglers, and won't harm the efforts that both nations are making to actually promote peace this time. This situation has the potential to get out of hand, and I think it would be wiser to just let the drivers go. We have a real chance of promoting friendship, it would be a shame if the Indian side refused to let this one incident slide.

I'd also like to say that I seriously doubt that anyone from the Pakistani side even suggested the drivers had diplomatic immunity. I think it's just an exaggeration or miscommunication. Besides, the general is retired, what does he know about who has diplomatic immunity or not? So I think there was either some sort of miscommunication, or exaggeration on somebody's part.
Dear TT/anlst, you are asking too much price for peace as usual, which no country in this glob can pay.So plz keep your peace, you will need it in FATA, Karachi, baluchistan and wziristan. HAM AENWE HE THEEK HAI.

No, I understood completely. There is just no need for you to involve Islam in any way shape or form. The religion of the drivers has nothing to do with the situation at hand.

[Edit] By the way, you're probably the first and only person who I've ever given a negative rating too. Congratulations, and don't make me do it again, or worse, report you. Trust me, the last thing I want to do is report people.
#That Guy, do you also report the posters who abuse and insult hindus ??

Last edited:
I don't know about that. Most trucks have a minimum check done. Even on the Canada-US border, even though both nations have a FTA, US border agents still check every truck that comes by, because there is always a minimum check requirement. Considering the history of Pakistan and India, I doubt the checks wouldn't be harsher. Though, there is always the possibility that you're correct and someone was payed off.

Still, I don't think a fine will do. I think India is going to have to swallow it's pride and just let this one go, if it wants to keep the peace and not let this escalate any further. No minimum sentence, no court appearance.

The ball is fully in India's court, and nothing Pakistan can do is going to affect the outcome. India holds all the cards, and it's up to India to decide if it wants to escalate or let bygones be bygones.

If we continue to hear about this for three more days, it means India has chosen to escalate, if it drops off the news spectrum, India let the drivers go.
You are really talking like the cosigner of that goods. I am amazed by your understanding of morality.

I don't know about that. Most trucks have a minimum check done. Even on the Canada-US border, even though both nations have a FTA, US border agents still check every truck that comes by, because there is always a minimum check requirement. Considering the history of Pakistan and India, I doubt the checks wouldn't be harsher. Though, there is always the possibility that you're correct and someone was payed off.

Still, I don't think a fine will do. I think India is going to have to swallow it's pride and just let this one go, if it wants to keep the peace and not let this escalate any further. No minimum sentence, no court appearance.

The ball is fully in India's court, and nothing Pakistan can do is going to affect the outcome. India holds all the cards, and it's up to India to decide if it wants to escalate or let bygones be bygones.

If we continue to hear about this for three more days, it means India has chosen to escalate, if it drops off the news spectrum, India let the drivers go.

Drug offense cant be easily let off mate. There is life imprisonment for that . But however I am ok with fine and letting the driver go. Even fine is a great comedown from the POV of India. Lets hope first the driver is innocent.

@That Guy ,India does not hold all the cards,Pakistan has also arrested Indian drivers in retaliation......

The LoC standoff has taken a new spin after Pakistan defied all the international conventions and claimed diplomatic immunity for a trucker who has been arrested by J&K police for smuggling Rs 100 crore worth narcotics from Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (Azad Kashmir) into the Valley.

1954561.jpg

“Director general of trade and travel of Azad Kashmir (Brigadier (retd) Mohammad Ismail Khan) told us during a meeting that the driver (caught with brown sugar) has a diplomatic immunity. We told them do they really believe that drivers (plying cross LoC trucks) have diplomatic immunity. We also told them to show us any order which says that they have the diplomatic immunity,” Shailendra Kumar, divisional commissioner of Kashmir, told dna.

The standoff began on Friday when Jammu and Kashmir police arrested a Azad Kashmir driver after 114 packets of contraband brown sugar worth Rs100 crore were recovered from a his truck. A local trader, who was to receive the consignment, has also been arrested in the valley.

Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (Azad Kashmir) authorities have detained 27 Indian drivers along with their trucks demanding the release of Pakistani driver along with truck and the consignment of brown sugar. Pakistani authorities have also refused to receive 48 drivers and their trucks that had arrived here on Friday.

“We asked them to speak to your higher ups. It is our land and our law will take its course. We have no authority to release the driver. The matter is before the courts which will only decide,” said Kumar.

Jammu and Kashmir government has written to the centre to take the stand off issue with Pakistan through the diplomatic channels. This followed the communication from the district development commissioner of Baramulla GA Khawja to J&K government to take up the issue with the external affairs ministry for perusal of matter with Pakistan.

Trucker has diplomatic cover: Pakistan - India - DNA
Thats good to see we need to tighten our screws on Indian Occupied Kashmir.

Pakistan is a innocent country all the time starting from in birth to till date...HUB of terrorist innocent country at all. Stupid explanation punished those who is the actual culprit not the driver. If I will carry some drugs and catch it so I am not culprit, culprit is agency...genius boy...May God help you people and your Country...

hmm.... so, there are chances that India authorities suspect him as spy and stage this drama to arrest him?

I don't think Desert Fighter is talking about the driver. Do you really think an ex PA officer would be driving a truck? :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom