What's new

Traditional clothing from the Arab world.

Every Arab nation has its own dress-code. In Lebanon for example, people in have different formalwear than the Jordanians.

Which eventually proves that we all have our own culture based on the pre islam era + neighbours, do you think all Arabs are the same peoples ?

Slightly off-topic? It is completely off-topic. Yes, but heavily influenced by Islamic/Arab clothing since it is based on mostly Islamic principles as the pictures from non-Arab clothing posted here in some of the latest posts also show. Islamic clothing is quite similar in all of the Muslim world. For example the clothing worn by many Muslims in South East Asia, East Africa, Horn of Africa, Swahili Coast, West Africa (Muslim areas there) are modifications of Arab clothing that has been slightly mixed with local pre-Islamic garments etc. Some of the names are even Arabic. Anyway different discussion but since you asked I wanted to reply before the thread turned to another discussion again.

And no, virtually all Turks and Persians wear Western clothes on a daily basis.

You are welcome to make a new thread about that in the Turkish or Iranian section. It does not belong here for the 10th time.:astagh:

Come on if a clothes have shalwar then it is influenced by iranic culture so it'd be other way around and European are copying our clothes

Which eventually proves that we all have our own culture based on the pre islam era + neighbours, do you think all Arabs are the same peoples ?

Well,

It depends on how you see it. Prior to WW1, there were no such thing as Arab countries. Historically speaking, the Arabs originated from central semtic group in the Arabian peninsula. Later on, the expansion of the Arab conquest had led to what is known as the Arabization.

Well,

It depends on how you see it. Prior to WW1, there were no such thing as Arab countries. Historically speaking, the Arabs originated from central semtic group in the Arabian peninsula. Later on, the expansion of the Arab conquest had led to what is known as the Arabization.

I agree with that.

I already reported this thread to a moderator by a private message and he will delete all your off-topic posts, including that of IraniMale2 and others.

Lastly that debate has been taking 100 times. We all share a Semitic past. MODERN DAY GENETIC STUDIES show that we share a largely common origin in all of the Arab/Semitic world and the haplogroup that is the most common haplogroup among the Arab/Semitic countries is also the most frequent among the people today. Aside from that genuine Arab tribes are present in every single Arab country. Besides, as I already said, those areas were inhabited by closely related Semitic people that shared similar culture, language, traditions and mutually mixed for THOUSANDS OF YEARS, migrated, established new civilizations, spread etc.

Lastly the Arab world is very diverse and that is not any different when it comes to traditional clothing. In KSA there are many different clothing depending on the region, city, sect, tradition, geography, weather etc. Does that mean that we are not all Arabs?

Same in Iraq. Clothing in Mosul is not the same as clothing in Basra, nor tradition nor look, dialect, weather, sect, geography etc. Same with Ramadi compared to Amarah. By your logic then we can say that those people are not similar.

Anyway, if the moderator sees my post then delete it also. My thread has already been destroyed by trolling, posts of no value and off-topic discussions.

Okay lets not allow this thread to turn into another Iran vs Arabs contest.

:tup:

Some traditional Arab Omani clothing:

2djrl2.jpg

Look like baluch.... A big proportion of omans population is baluch....

Just sayin.

And :offpost:

Pakistani shoes are way more pimp'N then the rest of the middle east.

Pakistani Khussa:

pakistani-golden-khussa-shoes-for-men-700x545.jpg

Men_Wedding_Khussa.jpg

images

1362560826_488622858_6-Junaid-Jamsheds-Branded-handworked-Khussa-for-Sale-Pakistan.jpg

I already reported this thread to a moderator by a private message and he will delete all your off-topic posts, including that of IraniMale2 and others.

Lastly that debate has been taking 100 times. We all share a Semitic past. MODERN DAY GENETIC STUDIES show that we share a largely common origin in all of the Arab/Semitic world and the haplogroup that is the most common haplogroup among the Arab/Semitic countries is also the most frequent among the people today. Aside from that genuine Arab tribes are present in every single Arab country. Besides, as I already said, those areas were inhabited by closely related Semitic people that shared similar culture, language, traditions and mutually mixed for THOUSANDS OF YEARS, migrated, established new civilizations, spread etc.

Lastly the Arab world is very diverse and that is not any different when it comes to traditional clothing. In KSA there are many different clothing depending on the region, city, sect, tradition, geography, weather etc. Does that mean that we are not all Arabs?

Same in Iraq. Clothing in Mosul is not the same as clothing in Basra, nor tradition nor look, dialect, weather, sect, geography etc. Same with Ramadi compared to Amarah. By your logic then we can say that those people are not similar.

Anyway, if the moderator sees my post then delete it also. My thread has already been destroyed by trolling, posts of no value and off-topic discussions.

You, aswell as I and others here go offtopic on every thread, its not possible to stop people from doing it unless it turns into a photo only thread.

The culture of Arabian world is really interesting. Many clothing traditions of these countries depend on local climate conditions, weather and way of living. European people don’t always understand these traditions, but most of us respect them. I’ve published an article about the traditional clothing of Saudi Arabia on my website NationalclothingOrg. A lot of people have already read it. I hope all the info I gave was right and truthful. If you have anything to add or disagree with anything, please, let me know in comments to this article. I’d be grateful for your opinion.

@al-Hasani

what do you think?

saudi_thob_by_funtoon-d3hyybj.jpg
Resembles so much like male Pakistani dress-wares:)
@al-Hasani ,thanks man for opening up a really good thread.I was fed up with mudslinging threads on arabs and have stopped visiting arabian section long ago.Now I feel a good breeze.Well done!

Regards

The culture of Arabian world is really interesting. Many clothing traditions of these countries depend on local climate conditions, weather and way of living. European people don’t always understand these traditions, but most of us respect them. I’ve published an article about the traditional clothing of Saudi Arabia on my website NationalclothingOrg. A lot of people have already read it. I hope all the info I gave was right and truthful. If you have anything to add or disagree with anything, please, let me know in comments to this article. I’d be grateful for your opinion.

Hello there. How did you find my thread? I am very much surprised about this.

This might also interested you. Those are some of the many traditional dresses in KSA. Unfortunately they are not worn anymore expect among SOME village people and during special occasions. Maybe some of the few remaining Bedouins were similar dresses but I really do not know this.

Here they are nevertheless.

You can see more below.

Oasis Unedited: Mansoojat: The Virtual Museum of #Saudi Arabia's Traditional Costumes > Featured in Oasis Magazine

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom