What's new

Top ten military powers?

Heres my list.

1. Japan ( they have courage and crazy ppl)
2. China (Biggest Military in numbers and courage)
3. Russia (Really Smart, proved tht in WWI and WWII)
4. Germany (Really Ambitious)
5. USA (Depend on technology too much and all ways worried abt safety)
6/7 France and England
8) Turkey (They are better thn india and Pakistan)
9/10 Pakistan and India
11 Israill (Without American assistance they would be nothing, they get very emotional)
12) Iran (Unperdictable)

I based this list on abilities, and quality(of the people) not quantity.

I hope you guyz agree

Heres one more thing, when i made this list i did not look at if, they were nuclear power. No country is going to start a nuclear war, they not crazy, starting a nuclear war means killing them selves. So the nuclear war heads are for show only.

even conventionally, USA and Russia are top 2. they have large well trained armies. Their failure in fighting terrorism and guerilla warfare doesnt mean they cant win wars. these countries can set back their enemies decades just by bombing their infrastructure into pupl.

Ok here's my top 10 conventional firepower list. I have taken into account size and training of armed forces, military technology and economic strength.

1) USA - large number of well trained, well supplied forces, most technologically advanced military backed by powerful economy.

2) Russia - large number of well trained, well supplied forces, good military technology, exceptional air defence capabilities. lots of oil and gas reserves to sustain a war.

3) China - largest army in the world. well trained and well equipped. armed forces being rapidly modernised. powerhouse economy.

4) Israel - very well trained, highly mechanized defence forces. very technologically advanced. lacks strategic depth. a lot of economic power due to US support. a real powerhouse as long as USA supports them.

5/6/7/8) France, Japan, Germany, UK (not in that order) - cant really place these in order, but all have well trained, technologically advanced militaries backed by strong economies.

9) India - large army. decent amount of mechanisation. lot of modernisation taking place. rising economy to support military. LACKS POLITICAL WILL.

10) Turkey - large number of well trained forces. good amount of military technology.

even conventionally, USA and Russia are top 2. they have large well trained armies. Their failure in fighting terrorism and guerilla warfare doesnt mean they cant win wars. these countries can set back their enemies decades just by bombing their infrastructure into pupl.

Ok here's my top 10 conventional firepower list. I have taken into account size and training of armed forces, military technology and economic strength.

1) USA - large number of well trained, well supplied forces, most technologically advanced military backed by powerful economy.

2) Russia - large number of well trained, well supplied forces, good military technology, exceptional air defence capabilities. lots of oil and gas reserves to sustain a war.

3) China - largest army in the world. well trained and well equipped. armed forces being rapidly modernised. powerhouse economy.

4) Israel - very well trained, highly mechanized defence forces. very technologically advanced. lacks strategic depth. a lot of economic power due to US support. a real powerhouse as long as USA supports them.

5/6/7/8) France, Japan, Germany, UK (not in that order) - cant really place these in order, but all have well trained, technologically advanced militaries backed by strong economies.

9) India - large army. decent amount of mechanisation. lot of modernisation taking place. rising economy to support military. LACKS POLITICAL WILL.

10) Turkey - large number of well trained forces. good amount of military technology.

haha, bombing was also so deacades ago. Do u think countries havent learned from their past lol?

If u talkin abt wel trained, thn india shldnt be in their.

Plus turkey is better trained and better equipped thn idian. then u also forgot pakistan :).

Top military powers can be categorized into 3 groups, with members within each group roughly 'equivalent':

(1) 'super'-powers:
USA - China - Russia

(2) 'continental'-powers:
India - Pakistan - Japan - France - UK - Germany - Israel

(3) 'regional'-powers:
Iran - Indonesia - Brazil - Mexico - SK - NK - Egypt - Turkey (and some others)

haha, bombing was also so deacades ago. Do u think countries havent learned from their past lol?

If u talkin abt wel trained, thn india shldnt be in their.

Plus turkey is better trained and better equipped thn idian. then u also forgot pakistan :).

A lot has to do with (1) morale, (2) civilian & national support structure, (3) economic strength for a prolonged war, and MOST IMPORTANTLY strategy. Take the Art-of-War.

I'll give 2 example of nations that has state-of-the-art weaponry and a fairly robust economy but can be brought down EASILY: (1) Saudi Arabia and (2) Israel. In the case of Saudi Arabia whose main engine of prosperity is oil exports & imports roughly 85% of all food --- you stop the flow of either (or both) and the nation collapses into total chaos (and massive deaths in tens of millions) in only a few weeks. If you want the people to die off quicker, send a few missiles to destroy the oil fields/refineries and water-desalination plants. How long can a human survive WITHOUT WATER in the hot, dry desert??? For the young and healthy it takes only a few days, not much more.

I can also explain how Israel can be quickly 'exterminated' in a few weeks (I'll let you imagine how yourself :)). Regimes with tiny landmass and with its population concentrated in highly dense areas make for easy targets!

every army is devised to fight and win wars in certain area, russian are strong but they failed in afganistan, the US is superpower but they retreated from somalia. i don't think such lists are of great value, for they dosen't take into account the where and when the war breaks.

cevery army is devised to fight and win wars in certain area, russian are strong but they failed in afganistan,[/quote]Why did the Soviets failed to subjugate Afghanistan?

the US is superpower but they retreated from somalia.
Why did the US so shamefully retreat from Somalia?

i don't think such lists are of great value, for they dosen't take into account the where and when the war breaks.
Bad argument.

The role of a military is also about deterrent as much as about the capabilities and ability to conduct a war. For either of the above situations, why no one attacked the Soviets or the US after their respective failures?

Heres my list.

1. Japan ( they have courage and crazy ppl)
2. China (Biggest Military in numbers and courage)
3. Russia (Really Smart, proved tht in WWI and WWII)
4. Germany (Really Ambitious)
5. USA (Depend on technology too much and all ways worried abt safety)
6/7 France and England
8) Turkey (They are better thn india and Pakistan)
9/10 Pakistan and India
11 Israill (Without American assistance they would be nothing, they get very emotional)
12) Iran (Unperdictable)

I based this list on abilities, and quality(of the people) not quantity.

I hope you guyz agree

Heres one more thing, when i made this list i did not look at if, they were nuclear power. No country is going to start a nuclear war, they not crazy, starting a nuclear war means killing them selves. So the nuclear war heads are for show only.

:rofl:This has to be the funniest post I have ever seen on this forum.

Top 10 Military Powers:
1. European Union
2. United States of America :usflag:
3. People's Republic of China :china:
4. Russian Federation
5. Republic of India
6. Japan
7. Brazil
8. Turkey
9. South Korea
10. Indonesia
11-20 in order
Pakistan :pakistan:, Taiwan, Mexico, Israel, Canada, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, Eygpt, Thailand

@ black blood

yours was the most informative and revealing post in the thread... CONGRATULATIONS.......

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@ black blood

yours was the most informative and revealing post in the thread... CONGRATULATIONS.......

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::

i saw things getting too stuffed:lol: Cheers:cheers:

I am going a bit off topic but i feel that if there is any war between two nations in future they will refrain from using their nukes, or war will be over before one can use it's nukes.

So if you want to rank military powers than don't count their nuke capability. But Please keep in mind that this is just a number game. ;)

A lot has to do with (1) morale, (2) civilian & national support structure, (3) economic strength for a prolonged war, and MOST IMPORTANTLY strategy. Take the Art-of-War.

I'll give 2 example of nations that has state-of-the-art weaponry and a fairly robust economy but can be brought down EASILY: (1) Saudi Arabia and (2) Israel. In the case of Saudi Arabia whose main engine of prosperity is oil exports & imports roughly 85% of all food --- you stop the flow of either (or both) and the nation collapses into total chaos (and massive deaths in tens of millions) in only a few weeks. If you want the people to die off quicker, send a few missiles to destroy the oil fields/refineries and water-desalination plants. How long can a human survive WITHOUT WATER in the hot, dry desert??? For the young and healthy it takes only a few days, not much more.

I can also explain how Israel can be quickly 'exterminated' in a few weeks (I'll let you imagine how yourself :)). Regimes with tiny landmass and with its population concentrated in highly dense areas make for easy targets!

I also think Israel could be taken out in a few weeks,, but they would take the entire Middle East with them.

even though a lot of people may disagree from me but IMHO a full fledged war like ARAB-ISRAEL war is not possible now. too much at stake for too little to gain. so its just spectulative to guess the prowess of the countries.
no two countries will go for while untilll and unless their gap is like US-IRAQ or US-AFGHANISTAN.:cheers:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom