What's new

Top ten military powers?

BRITAIN,??? INDEED THEY HAVE SOME TECH RESERVES LEFT BY DILIGENT ANCESTORS BUT I DONT THINK THEY NOW HAVE THE WILLPOWER LIKE THAT DURING BRITISH EMPIRE ERA TO FIRMLY RISE AGAIN AS A WORLD DOMINANT POWER.....YOU WILL SEE THE BRITAIN IS BEING GETTING MARGINALISED IN WORLD EVERCHANGING LANDSCAPE........

1. USA
2. China
3. Russia
4. Pakistan
5. France
6. England
7. Germany
8. Turkey
9. Israel
10. India

1. USA
2. EU
3.Russia
4.China
5.India
6.Japan
7.Pakistan
8.Israel
9.Brasil
10.Iran/Turkey

How strong is North Korea. I heard that apart from their rusty junk weapons, they have a huge stock of chemical weapons. Is there any truth in it

Turkey should never be listed below Pakistan or Iran this is common sense as we have the most advanced air force after Israel and the largest naval force in the region. Not to mention our army is massive and uses modern equipment.

Turkey should never be listed below Pakistan or Iran this is common sense as we have the most advanced air force after Israel and the largest naval force in the region. Not to mention our army is massive and uses modern equipment.

But Pak has the Bomb and you do not.

That defeats all your Conventional power.
Not that Pak would ever use it on you but that is fact.

Like you said it wouldn't be used but in the sense of who has the bomb and who doesn't Pakistan would be ahead in all other areas turkey is ahead which overall should rank it higher.

Also turkey houses B61 so technically we could use these unauthorized by the U.S./NATO if we ever wanted (which wouldn't be smart at all)since technically the U.S. has control over these . Since we are part of the NATO sharing program if it is ordered by NATO for use of the B-61s we would be the ones delivering them.

This of course would totally depend on the circumstances but we need to view military capability over who has a nuclear device imo.

Turkey chooses not to have a bomb. My sense is that they'd be entirely capable of producing a nuclear weapon based upon an indigenous design and manufacturing base and coupled to a damned sophisticated delivery means in no time, relatively.

Turkey is a member of N.A.T.O. So too is Greece. Both are N.A.T.O. allies. Both are ancient enemies. Turkey understands, as does Greece, how a nuclear arms race to the eastern mediterranean might fully de-stabilize that region.

Pretty enlightened of the Turkish government.

Turkey chooses not to have a bomb. My sense is that they'd be entirely capable of producing a nuclear weapon based upon an indigenous design and manufacturing base and coupled to a damned sophisticated delivery means in no time, relatively.

Turkey is a member of N.A.T.O. So too is Greece. Both are N.A.T.O. allies. Both are ancient enemies. Turkey understands, as does Greece, how a nuclear arms race to the eastern mediterranean might fully de-stabilize that region.

Pretty enlightened of the Turkish government.

Agreed. It should be noted however that Turkey does host a number of tactical nuclear weapons (B61) for NATO, most sources will quote around 90 warheads. These bombs are designed by delivery via F-16s and F-4s in case of an utmost emergency. Greece also had a number of B61s, but they gave up theirs in the early 90's following the collapse of the Soviet Union. Aside from that, we think it is in our best interest to keep our military conventional for the time being. It makes us strive for greater tehnological achievements and work on expanding our defence industry.

Here's my list. Considering not only gear, numbers or tech, but also history, military tradition, location, raw resources, etc.:

1. EU (combined)
2. USA
3. China
4. Russia
5. India
6. Pakistan
7. Turkey
8. South Korea
9. Saudi Arabia
10. Brazil

Back
Top Bottom