What's new

Top Pakistani Scholars declare Transgender marriages 'legal' in Islam.

A step in the right direction. Now it's time for them to say that Gays can be Gay in private without punishment.

A fairly roundabout way of getting things done, but given that we're talking about Pakistan, even this is to be appreciated. Incidentally, while it is liberating for individuals to have such rights, and it is right in fact to treat them fairly and justly, it wouldn't matter to the survival of the state what rights transgender and other minorities are given.

But it does represent a more open society, perhaps a society more tolerant to other forms of equality and freedom that do have direct impacts on the functioning of the state, these are baby steps, in the right direct at least nonetheless.

Wow if this is true, this is a good move but fear of isolation will still remain in the society.

At least this development has a postive side to society; unlike beating wives and marriage to 5 year olds.

@GURU DUTT you can have marriage now :partay:
mamo meri shadi to 2001 me hi ho gayee thee aur aap 15 saal baad khwaab dekh rahe ho :haha:

issi liye kehta thaa itnee mat piya karro :sarcastic:

waise bhee mamoo hum hindus ko ek hi shaadee ki ijazat hai per mashallah aap ko to 4 ki ijazat hai mai apke liye is mubaraq mahine me dua karoonga ... good luck :enjoy:

Sorry @GURU DUTT ... It was funny :unsure:
i know that bro its actually @Imran Khan bhai who is unhappy due to his well known problem and its after effects if you know what i mean :D

• Fifty top Pakistani clerics have issued a religious decree declaring that transgender people have full marriage, inheritance and funeral rights under Islamic law.

• The fatwa stated that a female-born transgender person having "visible signs of being a male" may marry a woman or a male-born transgender with "visible signs of being a female”, and vice versa.

• The new fatwa also declared that any act intended to "humiliate, insult or tease" the community was “haraam” (sinful), and that transgender persons should not be deprived of family inheritances, nor the right to be buried in Muslim ceremonies.

• Parents who deprived their transgender sons or daughters of inheritances were "inviting the wrath of God”.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...declare-transgender-marriages-legal-in-islam/

Pakistani clerics haven't said anything new --- this subject is covered in detail in Islamic fiqh books,
but it's good to see fatwa from the clerics, just kinda reminder.

Finally something positive coming from these “authorities”. Good move!

I do not see any reason for someone to oppose this. It is a good positive development.

Ab inky aangan main bhi choty choty "aam ky paire" lagen gy.

sex-transsexual-transgender-sex_change_operation-sex_change-newlywed-mlyn2654_low.jpg

Back
Top Bottom