What's new

Top 10 future weapons of CHINA

A real stealth aircraft has a flat and clean lower fuselage to reduce both specular returns and diffraction.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about kid :lol:

Diffraction generally refers to EM energy when it exits off of a body such as a wing, boom, flaps, ect. Sometimes diffraction is used to describe complex behavior when EM energy strikes something such as a cavity.

Diffraction occurs when an abrupt edge or discontinuity occurs. The goal is to control this diffraction, preferably so it occurs behind an aircraft (horizontal stabs) and not in front (canards).

And please, I’m like 100% certain that you just learned the word 'specular'. Don't act like you know what you are talking.

There is no rule saying you have to have a flat fuselage to achieve 'stealth' although the flat fuselage is the simplest way that assures the least chance of any signals coming back. You can have an underside that is anything but flat, what is important is controlling and redirecting EM energy. IF you look at the F-117 it has many faceted surfaces, some in close proximity for today's standards all that faceting is not necessary but the point is the complex faceting on the F-117 caused EM energy to behave in a complex manner. The same philosophy holds true for the pak-fa.

And take a closer look at the rear lower fusalage of the B-2, flat is it?

I see gaps, seams, protrusions, surface discontinuities,

Again you have no clue as to what you are talking about, I have come across many J-20 fanboys that used the word 'surface discontinuitie' but when I ask them to explain what it means and point out these discontinuities to the readers all have shamelessly disappeared or ignored my request, which could only mean that these J-20 fanboys copied and pasted something they have no comprehension of.

So point out these surface discontinuities to everyone. There are also techniques used to reduce or eliminate this phenomenon, and I will explain it with a source but of course you first have to explain to the readers as to what surface discontinuities are and where they are found on the pak-fa.

And FYI every aircraft has surface discontinuities. And as I stated before they can be controlled so the fact that you even mentioned the subject proves that you have no idea as what you are talking about.

Quick start Googling surface discontinuities in a futile attempt to throw together a response.

As for protrusions the J-20 has many and they are quite large, I take it that you forgot to examine the J-20's wings and perhaps those nice protrusions in front of the intake so commonly referred to as DSI's.

As for seams and gaps, again you are merely looking for something to find in order to bash the pak-fa, no matter how silly it is. Even worse is that you can't back any of your claims with an in depth explanation and a source.

sudden changes in shape,

Again phrases like that only illustrates your incompetence, all aircraft have sudden changes in shape :rolleyes: you also want to explain this particular phrase? What phenomenon are you referring to? If we take your silly phrase literally something like a vertical stabilizer is a sudden change in shape from the fuselage.

and fully exposed engines on the PAK FA.

Oh I forgot the J-20's engines are not exposed, it must be an optical elusion :lol: perhaps you are talking about the intakes, in that case Boeing must have lied when they stated that the F-15 Silent Eagle can achieve the same frontal RCS as the F-35 export model.

Did the Russians stumble onto a secret super stealth design that the rest of the world is too stupid to see? I doubt it.

Yes and many of the stupid have been concentrated in this forum most of them flying Chinese flags.

Gaps, seams, protrusions, surface discontinuities, sudden changes in shape are all sources of diffraction. The more gaps and imperfections there are the greater the total RCS return. It all adds up. There's no need to point them out because anyone with eyes can spot them on any picture of the PAK FA. :cheesy:

68a6w1.jpg

Gaps, seams, protrusions, surface discontinuities, sudden changes in shape are all sources of diffraction. The more gaps and imperfections there are the greater the total RCS return. It all adds up. There's no need to point them out because anyone with eyes can spot them on any picture of the PAK FA. :cheesy:

Busted! Running away like a coward. As i stated point out and explain with a source so everyone can judge for themselves, i'm sure many people can not spot them so please show everyone. And as explained some of phrases you used such as 'sudden changes in shape' only illustrates that you just throw together a sentence that you yourself can not explain.

And please don't use phrases such as " There's no need to point them out because anyone with eyes can spot them". That crap may fly in China but here that does not work. If you make a claim you better be able to explain it. It's clearly obvious that you have dug yourself into a hole.

And do you have any idea the meaning of the photo you posted? It illustrates edge diffraction from a wing, what does this have to do with the pak-fa? If anything that picture only illustrates the negative effects of canards. And congradulations all aircraft have flaps and ailerons, meaning that the J-20 also has surface discontinuities.

Your weak attempt just backfired on you :lol:

68a6w1.jpg

totally agree

T-50 is a joke, it's a tool for Russia cheating Indian's money...hahahaha

T-50 is a joke :rofl:

Not as big of a joke as the Chinese aircraft industry, installing AL-31's on one of the J-20's only shows how Incompetent your industry is.

You can suck up to your brother as much as you wish but if you go to post #307 you will see how bad he got burned, and in post #308 you can see how he not only cowardly ran away from my challenge but also posted an image that backfired on him. You and him bring nothing new to the table.

Not as big of a joke as the Chinese aircraft industry, installing AL-31's on one of the J-20's only shows how Incompetent your industry is.

We are still Far Better than you, Because India can only buy T-50 from Russia hahahahaha:rofl:

Indian aircraft industry are TOTALLY A JOKE

Your UGLY LCA is a BIG JOKE too

Chinese's J10B are Superior

by the way, J10B and J20 are installing with China-made Engine WS-10G or other variants :yahoo:

We are still Far Better than you, Because India can only buy T-50 from Russia hahahahaha:rofl:

Your LCA is a joke too

Chinese's J10B are Superior

by the way, J10B and J20 are installing Chinese-made Engline WS-10g or other variants :yahoo:

I'm not Indian Genius.

Why is a 'round nose' less effective at RCS control than a 'non-round nose'? You are correct but that is from guessing in comparing 'looks'. You violated your own rule. To redeem yourself, you need to explain your guess.
I will play your game this one time.

I believe a round nose reflects radar in all directions at a relatively constant intensity. This means the radar reflection is detectable depending on the sensitivity and distance of the enemy radar.

However, the shaped nose is superior for stealth because if you examine the shape carefully, it redirects the incoming radar energy below the chine line into only a few directions.

An examination of the shaped nose above the chine line shows that it relies on the "continuous curvature" principle for stealth.

An examination of the shaped nose below the chine line shows that it mostly relies on the facet principle for stealth. Below the chine line, the nose is not completely faceted due to aerodynamic considerations. However, it is mostly faceted.
As I replied before: Wrong.

Here is the correct answer...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/20908-rcs-different-fighters-7.html#post2104567

You have no clue as to what you are talking about kid :lol:

Diffraction generally refers to EM energy when it exits off of a body such as a wing, boom, flaps, ect. Sometimes diffraction is used to describe complex behavior when EM energy strikes something such as a cavity.

Diffraction occurs when an abrupt edge or discontinuity occurs. The goal is to control this diffraction, preferably so it occurs behind an aircraft (horizontal stabs) and not in front (canards).

And please, I’m like 100% certain that you just learned the word 'specular'. Don't act like you know what you are talking.

There is no rule saying you have to have a flat fuselage to achieve 'stealth' although the flat fuselage is the simplest way that assures the least chance of any signals coming back. You can have an underside that is anything but flat, what is important is controlling and redirecting EM energy. IF you look at the F-117 it has many faceted surfaces, some in close proximity for today's standards all that faceting is not necessary but the point is the complex faceting on the F-117 caused EM energy to behave in a complex manner. The same philosophy holds true for the pak-fa.
That is true: Redirecting of reflected/diffracted signals. People must understand that an aircraft is a finite body and those radar signals must eventually come off the aircraft at some time and somewhere.

The F-117's many surface discontinuities are evident in this photo...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg

Those seams create concave and convex structures and each one of those seams is a surface discontinuity, and yet thanks to careful planning, the diffracted signals are mostly redirected away from the seeking radar.

Chinese are Far Better than you indians, Because India can only buy T-50 from Russia hahahahaha

by the way, J10B and J20 are installing with China-made Engine WS-10G or other variants

Chinese's J10B are also Superior :yahoo: :china:

Your UGLY LCA is a BIG JOKE too :rofl:

Good for China.

I am happy to see that their defence production is adapting and the tech. gap is decreasing by the day.

look forward to continued cooperation with the friendly neighbour country

Chinese are Far Better than you indians, Because India can only buy T-50 from Russia hahahahaha

by the way, J10B and J20 are installing with China-made Engine WS-10G or other variants

Chinese's J10B are also Superior :yahoo: :china:

Your UGLY LCA is a BIG JOKE too :rofl:

At least we don't copy-paste. That's why no one is ready to sell their best Aircraft to China. :cheesy:

We make what we can or afford. If needed, We buy by paying hard cash as per rules. We buy as per ToT and manufacture in our own country. Like Sukhoi 30 MKI, MIG29, MIRAGE 2k, now Rafale/Typhhon later ( PAK FA, F-35 may be)

At least we don't copy-paste. That's why no one is ready to sell their best Aircraft to China. :cheesy:

We make what we can or afford. If needed, We buy by paying hard cash as per rules. We buy as per ToT and manufacture in our own country. Like Sukhoi 30 MKI, MIG29, MIRAGE 2k, now Rafale/Typhhon later ( PAK FA, F-35 may be)

If you had the ability to 'copy/paste', I am sure you'd have done so already a long time ago :lol:

Reverse engineering advanced military equipment are by no means child's play. In fact as days go by, China's ideas are becoming more and more original.

Did you know that even Japan used to 'copy/paste'? Think about it :D

Back
Top Bottom