What's new

Top 10 future weapons of CHINA

Dunno. It is good that the Chinese members here are proud of what China accomplished and I have never said they should not. Heck, I left aviation over ten years ago and have forgotten most of the math I used daily and we used a lot of junk yard cars in the radar range instead of sophisticated software, but if there is a god of aviation, perhaps you as a Greek can check your mythology for one, he must be laughing his butt off at the claims these guys made and still making.

Apollo must be the God of flying, but Greeks assign Ikarus as the protector of aviators, and actually call all cadets 'Ikari' .

That's funny, we used to use old Unimog trucks to test and calibrate our fighter and AA radars, works almost as good as software.

Apollo must be the God of flying, but Greeks assign Ikarus as the protector of aviators, and actually call all cadets 'Ikari' .
Then he and Joe must be enjoying themselves...

Know your Patron Saint
St. Joseph of Copertino: Is patron of aviators.

That's funny, we used to use old Unimog trucks to test and calibrate our fighter and AA radars, works almost as good as software.
Corvettes were very difficult to measure, especially at ground level.

First...Composite materials does not guarantee absorbance. So the composite materials can be tossed.

Second...Absorbers are not %100 effective. There are always trace EM reflections from the surface. And it is their behaviors that are unpredictable.

Third...but these prototype is showing large canards .Curvature on the canards is a given but altering them for RCS reduction purposes would affect their airfoil shapes, reducing aerodynamic effectiveness.but these prototype is showing large canards
As was already mentioned, the F-22 all-moving tailplanes have a similar stealth impact as the J-20 canards. The J-20 does not have tailplanes. However, canards arguably have a greater effect on stealth because they are more actively maneuvered in the absence of thrust vectoring. At this time, I believe it is a minor tradeoff to achieve superior maneuverability vs a relatively insignificant stealth impact. However, if the J-20 is to ever be fitted with thrust vectoring, the combination of canards will give it unbeatable agility.

And the fourth is totally absurd
no 5th gen fighter has canards as it is needless because thrust vectoring nozzles can compensate the manuverability for it .Thats why even Russia also which dont want canards in pakfa.It would be surely detected by anti stealth very low frequency radar most probably ground based radars (X band 8 to 12 GHz)
Actually, the J-20 5th generation fighter has canards. :) This is not to say that the J-20 should not have thrust vectoring as this would give it clearly superior maneuverability over thrust vectoring only aircraft.

Corvettes were very difficult to measure, especially at ground level.

Unimog

404_troop_9.jpg

a bit easier to measure than corvettes, not to mention corvettes are a bit rare in Greece, perhaps a bit harder to place on a pylon though.

As was already mentioned, the F-22 all-moving tailplanes have a similar stealth impact as the J-20 canards. The J-20 does not have tailplanes. However, canards arguably have a greater effect on stealth because they are more actively maneuvered in the absence of thrust vectoring. At this time, I believe it is a minor tradeoff to achieve superior maneuverability vs a relatively insignificant stealth impact. However, if the J-20 is to ever be fitted with thrust vectoring, the combination of canards will give it unbeatable agility.
This is where you are mistaken. No one is denying that the F-22's rear horizontal stabs are EM generators. Yes, they are. But their diffracted signals are off into free space, not onto the fuselage or onto the wings as in the case of the J-20. This is where it gets problematic. Interactions means two possible events: Destructive interference (good) or Constructive interference (bad). The diffracted signals from the canards will interact with the diffracted signals off the fuselage and the wings. We do not know the results of those interactions.

...On one ground u are saying j20 engine are based on LOAN technology & another hand u r saying the ventral fins shield the jet engines from lateral view and contribute to lateral infrared stealth then what's the use ventral fins then tell me . Do u think it can protect the plane from 5th gen HEAT seeking missiles like python 5 absolutely
no you told it blends from side profile but what from behind & below ?It would be surely detected by anti stealth very low frequency radar most probably ground based radars (X band 8 to 12 GHz)from below and aesa radar from behind
so again a big LOL for u
0034.gif
I think most people understand that components can sometimes have secondary benefits besides their primary function. Ventral fins that also block most of the lateral heat signature from the nozzles that are not already attenuated by the LOAN technology is an added bonus wouldn't you agree?

As for hiding the heat signature from the back, I think that would be a pretty good trick for any fighter. Care to mention some successful examples?

As for hiding the heat signature from the back, I think that would be a pretty good trick for any fighter. Care to mention some successful examples?

F-117 ............................

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

I heard they are pretty tough rigs.

chassis tough ..yes
engine reliable... ahhh

This is where you are mistaken. No one is denying that the F-22's rear horizontal stabs are EM generators. Yes, they are. But their diffracted signals are off into free space, not onto the fuselage or onto the wings as in the case of the J-20. This is where it gets problematic. Interactions means two possible events: Destructive interference (good) or Constructive interference (bad). The diffracted signals from the canards will interact with the diffracted signals off the fuselage and the wings. We do not know the results of those interactions.
Good point. I cannot comment without a supercomputer on hand but if I were to take a wild guess, I would say the continuous curvature as implemented on the canards would be shaped to diffract any EM outwards away from the fuselage from the frontal aspect. However, avoiding the wings is a problem. In real world situations, the canards should be kept in alignment most times except in dogfights or once detected. I would not be surprised if there were different flight modes available for this very reason.

And define 'powerful'. Does Huzhigeng mind telling everyone where he got his information? For starters the NIIP's performance is classified.

Ask him. I was not the one saying it.

Large size implies greater number of T/R modules, giving it better tracking abilities.

...As for hiding the heat signature from the back, I think that would be a pretty good trick for any fighter. Care to mention some successful examples?

Not sure this is correct. I'm not talking about laterally or from above or below like the YF-23. I asked if there are any fighters that hide their engine heat signature from the BACK...as in if you are looking into the exhaust, which as I said would be a pretty good trick.

Good point. I cannot comment without a supercomputer on hand but if I were to take a wild guess, I would say the continuous curvature as implemented on the canards would be shaped to diffract any EM outwards away from the fuselage. However, avoiding the wings is a problem. In real world situations, the canards should be kept in alignment most times except in dogfights or once detected. I would not be surprised if there were different flight modes available for this very reason.
And I see that you felled for that 'continuous curvature' thingie. Your guess is as wild as it is wrong. In order to have diffracted signals away from the fuselage, the TRAILING EDGE of the canard must be angled 'away' from the fuselage. Continuous curvature has nothing, or at best very little, to do with this. Am sure you can find plenty of publicly available images of the J-20 to see for yourself the angle of those trailing edges.

What are you? Some kind of authority on defense systems? Those posts you "quote" are simply jokes! Throwing around big words doesnt make YOU a defense analyst!!

Sorry mate. Your posts are absurd, stupid and delusional. You are and will remain a thickskull jester.

And if quoting big words makes his posts superior in reliability and accuracy when compared to yours (which it does to a huge extent), then the purpose is achieved.

Sorry, mate. Your whining is laughable, useless, and ineffective. You are and will remain and ignorant blabbermouth who buries his head in the sand.

Sorry, mate. Your argument is nonsense, laughable, useless, and ineffective

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

my post to gambit

grow up

A real stealth aircraft has a flat and clean lower fuselage to reduce both specular returns and diffraction.

The first 4 pictures are real stealth aircraft. The last one is not. :cheesy:

i4o3rd.jpg

2dw59is.jpg

c6zcm.jpg

2v7xjkh.jpg

I see gaps, seams, protrusions, surface discontinuities, sudden changes in shape, and fully exposed engines on the PAK FA.

Did the Russians stumble onto a secret super stealth design that the rest of the world is too stupid to see? I doubt it.

n3vyud.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom