What's new

To be a Muslim in India

I guess you should keep a track on stuffs you say online even if they aren't true ;)

It was 140's definitely. And I have no reason to feel embarrassed. The 146 was an estimated figure.

No I was told the truth.

You Hindus started to massacre Muslims once we wanted a separate homeland.

You were fed lies. Muslim League started riots with direct action day.

q k mein bhi capricorn hun .....app ne aik martaba bataya tha apna on stars thread.....:)

Phir hum dono baakra baakrii. :lol:

images

Negative.

Perhaps nationalist hindu selective history fail?

:lol:
Razpak, I am not dismissing anything your family member says, but I wont depend on them to have a proper perspective of history, how the chain of events unfolded.
Both muslims and hindus (and sikhs) were killed, obviously you are muslim so hindus are animals, I am sure a sikh or hindu will have exactly same view of muslims.
No wonder it is so difficult to have peace between us, we are slaves of partition.

What Aakar is saying is quite accurate.. But it does not affect the daily life of a person. no one is going to treat you differently because of your affiliations.

On the other hand, it is also true that Hindus are often very critical of their religion and it is accepted. But if there the slightest criticism of the muslim community the person will immediately be portrayed as being islamophobic or a Hindu facist.

How come so many pakistanis have an opinion about how it is like to be a Muslim in India. Impressive that on one hand they abuse the poor Muslims who stayed behind, look for Turkish, Yemeni, Omani (?), Arab, Morrocan (only the fair ones), Persian (only when Sunni), Mongolian (Chengiz Khan) lineage..... all to avoid anything to do with a history from India but the opinions really come freely like on this thread.

Rather, why not ask the question, what is it like to be a Muslim in Pakistan or a muslim from balochistan, or karachi, or khyber or the place where 22 muslims got bombed today. (I did not ask how it feels to be a muslim from punjab because those feelings are so well expressed anyway).

@UmarJustice Congratulation mate for this thread when you don't have any idea how indian Muslim feels about india their country and as usual many indian have habit of washing their dirty laundry in public . helps people like you guys to think their is a divide in india on religion ground .

To my humble indian why you guys always remove your frustration in public forum and show ugly face of india which is not true if you guys Hate indian muslim so what you can hate so many things.

As a muslim born and raise in india i enjoyed every moment of my stay in india and always dream to live more their and wish to die in my mother land,i miss my friends .

Divide and rule is slogan of colonial power why we are again playing on their hand ,please reframe from making stupid comment.
United we stand ,divided we fall

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to explain to Hindutva troll KS that Patel's vastly are mumbaiakers or maharashtrans... vast majority Hindu and minority muslim. Some Muslim patels moved to Pakistan while most are in India. The one who wrote this is no one other than a Muslim Patel from India. Accepting an issue is the pre-cursor to resolving it.

Most Patels even today are gujratis,even if they live in Mumbai/Maharashtra.

@UmarJustice Congratulation mate for this thread when you don't have any idea how indian Muslim feels about india their country and as usual many indian have habit of washing their dirty laundry in public . helps people like you guys to think their is a divide in india on religion ground .

To my humble indian why you guys always remove your frustration in public forum and show ugly face of india which is not true if you guys Hate indian muslim so what you can hate so many things.

As a muslim born and raise in india i enjoyed every moment of my stay in india and always dream to live more their and wish to die in my mother land,i miss my friends .

Divide and rule is slogan of colonial power why we are again playing on their hand ,please reframe from making stupid comment.
United we stand ,divided we fall

Glad you don't share the author's opinion. But when Indian muslim authors write such articles in Pakistani media, you cannot really blame the rest of us for washing our dirty laundry here.

Are you lacking comprehension skills. They are Hyderabadi people. The president is close to Owaisi and they have chapters outside too. I met the foreign chapters and president.

His question was that a specific ethnic group sympathized with India. I said not true-but you and darkinsky could give some imputs on this topic. I wanted varied ideas on muhajir identity so I called you both. You call yourself sindhi despite moving, me pashtun and darkinsky muhajir. So varied views of people.

Your avatar looks very wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
In India, the Muslim lives on sufferance. It is the Hindu who has freedom to attack India and its culture, its vulgarity. The Muslim who objects to something, no matter that it is obvious and visible, must qualify his argument.
Usually, the qualification demanded is that he show himself as patriotic. In India, this is a term which comes out of the negative sentiment. To be a patriotic Indian, one is not required to be taxpaying, law-abiding, well-meaning or philanthropic. Patriotism is demonstrated through hating a particular country. The reason the Indian Muslim lives on sufferance is also rooted in this.
You see, the Muslim is guilty of the original sin, by voting for Pakistan in the 1945-46 elections. He divided Mother India and his generations must carry this burden of Adam.
Shahrukh Khan said this: “I sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India. I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country. This, even though I am an Indian whose father fought for the freedom of India. Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return to what they refer to as my original homeland.”
He should have prefaced his remarks (which I find ordinary, inoffensive and accurate) as follows: “I don’t like Pakistan. My fans are mostly Hindus, whom I love more than Pakistanis.”
Having said this, he would not have offended us, no matter what he then unburdened.
Like children who need a pacifier, the Muslim offering opinion on prejudice must hold out this lollipop to Indians, whose natural view of him is coloured by his religion. At all points, he must remember this and mumble an Apologia Pro Vita Sua.
In not doing this, and I’m surprised he didn’t because he should know a thing or two about Indian public opinion, Shahrukh Khan opened himself to an attack which goes in this fashion: “Aren’t you grateful, are you not satisfied, that we gave you — you Muslim! — such fame, such success? You didn’t whine about this then, did you? Now, the Pakistanis are lecturing us because of your remarks. You should be ashamed.”
The self-congratulatory assumptions we make about ourselves — secular nation! World’s largest democracy! — are not particularly reflected outside of the Constitution. We should think about that.
On Nidhi Razdan’s show on NDTV on the night of January 29, I was on a panel, discussing Narendra Modi as a prime ministerial candidate. In the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) corner was a woman called Meenakshi Lekhi. Midway through the discussion, she asked a soft-spoken man, Najib Jung, vice chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia, if he thought Indian Muslims wanted Pakistan.
Why did she bring this up? I don’t know, and there was no occasion to. But it was dropped in casually because it’s the natural thing to say to a Muslim here — hey, are you guys Pakistan-lovers? Tell us the truth, now.
As a writer, I can imagine the pressure on Muslim writers who are aware of India and the space they operate in. MJ Akbar wrote an unthinking paean to the BJP’s idiocy after Pokhran, and I suspect that wasn’t because he’s a fan of nuclear weapons. It’s all quite frightening, or should be. It doesn’t surprise me at all.
In India, it has always mattered who says something. What is said depends not on the intellectual content but which side it has blown from.
How it is said is also always more important than what is said because the Indian is easily offended. Ashis Nandy shouldn’t have assumed that he could be subtle and clever only because it was the anglicised middle class he was speaking to at Jaipur.
They are cut of the same cloth as other Indians. Quick to emotion, barely literate about anything whether their own culture or the West’s, and powered on and on by an asinine media.
To be a Muslim in India – The Express Tribune

Of course the author is correct to some extent...The problem is that it is very hard to differentiate between the Muslim people who really believe in coexistence so that in turn creates a sense of insecurity among the Hindu people...In this event of psycological competetion of insecurity....even good Muslim people suffers...i donot have a solution and i donot see anything in future..but only to blame Nehru and Gandhi about why they have made my nation secular one...I think it would have been prudent that India can give away some more territory to Pakistan like Hyd or Kashmir and once for all could have closed the chapter by making all Muslim to go to Pakistan and Hindu/Sikh/Budhist/Christian people with India....So that both of us would have been happy....

Of course the author is correct to some extent...The problem is that it is very hard to differentiate between the Muslim people who really believe in coexistence so that in turn creates a sense of insecurity among the Hindu people...In this event of psycological competetion of insecurity....even good Muslim people suffers...i donot have a solution and i donot see anything in future..but only to blame Nehru and Gandhi about why they have made my nation secular one...I think it would have been prudent that India can give away some more territory to Pakistan like Hyd or Kashmir and once for all could have closed the chapter by making all Muslim to go to Pakistan and Hindu/Sikh/Budhist/Christian people with India....So that both of us would have been happy....
There is no insecurity in hindu mind about muslims, in many places they are down trodden. In my own village they are equivalent of lower caste, and wont open their mouth even if injustice is done by upper caste.
The issue is how we deal with our minorities, even if pakistan had same territory size as India, we would still have minority who would want to be in India for various reason. We promised them a secular state, and we should fullfill our promise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom