What's new

Thunder out of the Farnborough Air Show ?

Sorry to burst your bubble. This is as per reputed sources:

The latest model fighter aircraft Super-7 (JF-17), a joint venture of Pakistan and China has been under process after it was successfully tested on Sept 3 from Wenjiang Airport in Chengdu, capital of southwest China's Sichuan province.
JF-17 fighter plane has advanced design and manufacturing technology, with comprehensive combat capability of a third generation fighter plane and is on par with the world's most advanced fighter planes.

PAK TRIBUNE

fighter is China's new generation fighter and the first of its kind of the nation's own intellectual property rights. The third-generation fighter plane, which can carry 3.8 tons of missiles, also has improved systems for attacking ground targets. Its advanced radar positioning and operating systems give the plane greater flexibility and better close-range manoeuvrability.

GLOBALSECURITY.ORG

This machine has used the advanced air operated contour and the big thrust force, the low consumption turbofan engine, as well as the advanced digital fax flies controls the system, the integrated aviation electron and the armament system, has in the launch to be apart from the ball, to realize the multi- goals beyond line of sight attack ability, has many kinds of advanced precise function and so on navigation, battlefield situation sensation, target detection and recognition, operational attack as well as electronic warfare. Because has used the contemporary advanced design and the manufacture technology, the FC-1 airplane had achieved the third generation fighter aircraft synthesis fighting efficiency, can contend with with now the advanced fighter aircraft, simultaneously has the low cost the characteristic, completely adapts the modern warfare request and the military airplane market demand.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/pakistan/jf-17.htm

Last edited:
The Chinese definition of 3rd Generation equates to 4th Generation in Western terminology for fighter aircraft. A little reading on Fighter classification by Chinese would help perhaps.

The analysis is western not chinese.

You need to do some research first.....World 5th Gen Aircraft will be in Chinese terminology 4th Gen aircraft. Same way world 4th is chinese 3rd and world 3rd is chinese 2nd ..........
EDIT: Sorry to burst your bubble.

Its all much hyped AC's...the unproven paper tigers J17 and Indian Mki.
do u think the western world will accept a Chinese designed aircraft on par with latest 4.5, 5 th gen aircrafts ?
will a Mig 21 aircraft redesigned with BVR missiles, Flat panel displays & fLY by wire make it 4 th GEN ?:D

Thanks to Almighty I didnt buy the tickets, otherwise I would have been mighty disappointed of loosing my money. What a disappointment.

I did check the website around 3 weeks ago and then also JF-17 was stated for static display. I saw others including F-22 doing air display but thunder was not there. It is not recent news. Anyways static display is good also. If weather is like this I might go to see the MRCA candidates myself :D

Why would it under perform? It is already in service. Everybody has already seen it perform over and over.

Most likely the preparations for the air show weren't done on Pakistan's end. Hence they ARE sending the bird, but only as a static display.

PAF should have prepared for this, a static thunder will give rumour mill hell of a material.

Dont get me wroung i have full faith in PAF and thunder project

I did check the website around 3 weeks ago and then also JF-17 was stated for static display. I saw others including F-22 doing air display but thunder was not there. It is not recent news. Anyways static display is good also. If weather is like this I might go to see the MRCA candidates myself :D

These exhibits are for big time buyers who want latest gen fighter jets.

My guess is that it will be a mock-up and not the real thing on display. Since its a Chinese designed plane with some russian technology, I don't suppose any local maintenance infracture is availabe for this aircraft anywhere outside Pakistan and China. Its not practical to fly the plane half way across the globe without the maitenance crew and equipment, Since every hour of flying time will require 10's of hours of maintenance.

These exhibits are for big time buyers who want latest gen fighter jets.

listen silly flamer
check the website and then eat your hat
its an aviation show that includes both the military and commercial aircrafts including helicopters and planes passenger and cargo planes to bombers and fighters
not just modern fighters as you put it.
there are going to be rotary planes as well
give your backside a rest and stop talking out of it

read this list below and tell me are they all modern Gen fighters as you put it?

AIRCRAFT – STATIC
Action Aviation
SJ30
Dornier 328
Advanced Uav Technology
Static UAV
Air Cadets
Vigilant motor glider
Viking glider
Air Tractor
AT802
Airborne Tecnologies
Tecnam MMA
Airbus
A380
A400M
A330F
C295
Aircraft Restoration Co.
Messerschmitt Me109
Spitfire
Spitfire
Aj Walter Aviation
Challenger 604
Alenia Aermacchi
M346
Alenia Aeronautica
C27J
ATR42
Eurofighter
Antonov
AN158
Army Historic Flight
Various
ATR
ATR72-600
Augusta Westland
AW159
AW119A
AW101
AW139
AW109 LUH
Grand New
Bae Systems
T2 HAWK
Bell
Bell 429
Bell 407
Boeing
F18
B787-8 Dreamliner
B737 AEW&C
F18
Phantom
Bombardier
Learjet 60XR
Challenger 605
Global 500
Q400
CRJ900
British Airways
A319
British Disabled Association
PA28
Britten Norman
2x Islander
Catic
2x JF-17
Cessna
Citation Mustang
Grand Caravan
XLS
CJ3
Stationair
Cirrus
SF50 -Model
SR22
Vulcanair P68R
Aquila A210
Cranfield University
Jet Stream 31
Dassault
Falcon 2000Lx
Falcon 7X
Dave Sykes
Microlight
Diamond
2x DA42
King Air 200
Dynamic Aviation
King Air 90
Flir
PC12
Hawker Beechcraft
T6 Trainer
King Air 350i
King Air C390GT
King Air 300
AT 6
Lasham Gliding Club
Glider
Lockheed Martin
2x F16C
C130J
GIII
F16C
Omega
707 Tanker
Peter Vacher
Mk 1 Hurricane
Pilatus
PC6
PC12
PC21
Plane Sailing
Catalina
Qatar Airways
Boeing 777
Rolls Royce Plc
Hurricane 1
Spitfire T9
Gulfstream 550
Royal Air Force
Chinnok
Apache
Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight
T1 Hawk
Royal Navy
Sea Fire
Rvl Aviation
Cessna 406
Selex Gallileo UK
Cessna 406
Sukhoi
SSJ 100
Thales
Sea King
US Dod
F15E
C17
E-2C
AH-1Z
UH-1Y
UH-60S
Utsl

MSAT - 500
UAV Vigilant
Viking Air
Twin Otter 400
Boeing 737
Vulcan To The Sky
Avro Vulcan.

We have already seen the thunder fly... I don't see a "bisti" aspect here in the same sense as some of you guys are.

Maybe next year

I agree. maybe next time it happens after 2 years not every year. last one was 2008
for sure JF-17 will be far better

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom