What's new

Thunder out of the Farnborough Air Show ?

nothing makes sese
chinese chickened out?
PAK/ China scared that thunder will be a lack luster show in presense of other Western planes?
The UK authorites didnt allow that?
Thunder cant perform in the restricted/ thight air space?
PAF cant spare a pilot or two for the show?

I think of all above but they all dont make sense

if its technology is to be kept a secret then why even bother with the static display then?

its a disgrace whatever the reason

Whatever the reason, it has left me disappointed, I think a performance could have rolled in quite a lot of interested buyers....................Can't be problems relating to the aircraft since it flew perfectly during the 23rd march parade.

Whatever the reason, it has left me disappointed, I think a performance could have rolled in quite a lot of interested buyers....................Can't be problems relating to the aircraft since it flew perfectly during the 23rd march parade.

very true

i mean i was just thinking of possible reasons and then dismissing them

it looks like more a of a political decesion

Can't be problems relating to the aircraft since it flew perfectly during the 23rd march parade.
Absolutely not, we've inducted a squadron of these birds, so that's not a reason.

This is most disappointing. Having been to Farnborough in 2006 and 2008, I like everyone else was looking forward to see the Thunder fly on British soil.

Look forward to the official responses others get in emails. Will probably still end up going, but this news is a huge kick in the teeth :angry:

We are in the same boat, I spent over rs.80,000 on my airline ticket and visa to see the thunder !!!!!!! And spent 25 pounds on the ticket as well......

Leaving thunder aside ...Thats some serious commitment man !! Anyways now that you will be going -- do get some nice pics/videos from farnborough -- also try to get some tid bits from the people present over there on JF17, MRCA (i will be grateful :D) , etc

There must be some way to convey our "resentment" to the Farnborough Air Show authorities. This means less visitors (fans) and miscommunication on their part. Did anyone checked to see the "rules/regulations" etc for the show. I'm sure people who bought tickets are way upset then they seem on the forum.

Bad luck for us.

PAF Pilots left to see F-16 BLK 52s

Calm down perhaps next time we'll have a much refined product to display.

nothing makes sese
chinese chickened out?
PAK/ China scared that thunder will be a lack luster show in presense of other Western planes?
The UK authorites didnt allow that?
Thunder cant perform in the restricted/ thight air space?
PAF cant spare a pilot or two for the show?

I think of all above but they all dont make sense

if its technology is to be kept a secret then why even bother with the static display then?

its a disgrace whatever the reason

Any Idea how the thunders will be transported to UK. In the belly of some transport aircarft (disassemled?) or in some cargo ship, or fly all the way on their own. If they are flying on their own, any idea about the re-fueling stops? If the flight plans are available, then may be some enthusiasts can get the opportunity to click the planes during landing and take-off at the refueling stops.
Do the present lot of thunders have midair refueling capabilty? if yes, any midair refueling planes going along?
What about the transport of the maintenance crew and equipment?
If I remember correctly, whenever IAF Su-30MKI's go to overseas excercises, atleast 1 midair refueler and 1 transport plane with crew go along.

what no Thunders in the Farnborough Air Show?
............Its sad....but anywayz ..i guess everythng is good...hope for the best in future ...brothers dont be dissappointed....
:pakistan::pdf::sniper:

It is sad to most of us.. but its life and things happen . All i care about really that our bird is flying in our airspace never the less it would have been nice to see it and hear about it from the airshow iam sure there is some reason behind it.

Thank you very much Kakgeta for informing me before time

I have emailed Farnborough once again for confirmation of JF-17 Thunder aircraft. If Thunder is not participating in this airshow, i will certainly not be visiting

Awaiting for their response

Its a shame.. I know you were also planning to pick up a new camera for the event.. And I was looking forward to the pics

A wise decision by PAF to keep thunder down for a while, its not a political decision, its a tactical decision, and i support it.

I rather see thunder on the ground, than performing 50%.

Western media will not lose any opportunity to give bad press to thunder, if it under perform's at this stage, PAF will lose future order's.

Good decision for a time being. :cheers:

I remember many members being excited about visiting this place and making plans for it, i too am sad that u had to miss the excitement u were preparing so well for. I am sorry for u all and may be u will have better luck next time.

I am really sorry bro that u had to face this after paying that much. May be u could enjoy the other aircrafts at the show. If ur still in a good mood try to get some pictures.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom