What's new

Thunder out of the Farnborough Air Show ?

I can see the members dying to get a glimpse of this nice bird.

I think PAF should organise an Air Show in Pakistan that involves the display and performance by the new F16s and JF17s and a Few J10s from China...

Also make a show of the capabilities of new IL78 Tankers and Saab Eyrene...

It will be 1000% Hit Show.

Any one From PAF ?????

A wise decision by PAF to keep thunder down for a while, its not a political decision, its a tactical decision, and i support it.

I rather see thunder on the ground, than performing 50%.

Western media will not lose any opportunity to give bad press to thunder, if it under perform's at this stage, PAF will lose future order's.

Good decision for a time being. :cheers:
Why would it under perform? It is already in service. Everybody has already seen it perform over and over.

Most likely the preparations for the air show weren't done on Pakistan's end. Hence they ARE sending the bird, but only as a static display.

This is nonsense... Thank you for warning me! Sorry for Tempest Zaki and Kakgeta

MAY BE BIT OBSOLETE WHEN COMPARED WITH OTHER aircrafts..or PAF less confident, because any pitfall will seriously dent the confidence of PAF , since this is much hyped old teck aircraft

Old Tech aircraft and obsolete???
:what:

MAY BE BIT OBSOLETE WHEN COMPARED WITH OTHER aircrafts..or PAF less confident, because any pitfall will seriously dent the confidence of PAF , since this is much hyped old teck aircraft

An aircraft with BVR ability,MAWS, such kind of advance cockpit, The first and only aircraft operational with DSI intakes is a obsolete and old tech aircraft for you

Then tell me which old aircraft has MAWS, bvr, advance digital cockpit, and DSI intakes all in one

Its not you rather than the animosity you have speaking it for you,only then you can come up with some illogical statements which btw is based upon your personal perception

Please keep us updated, i was seriously looking forward to this :(

In a way, yes.

How would you compare a 2.5/3 Gen with current 4.5/5 Gen aircrafts relevant today??

Hint:- read the quote

Your potential adversary is India/Israel and not Srilanka or Afghanistan. You must invest in latest 4-5 gen technologies.

2.5/3 Generation???

Are you Indians in your senses???
:hitwall:

In a way, yes.

How would you compare a 2.5/3 Gen aircraft with current 4.5/5 Gen aircrafts relevant today??

Your potential adversary is India/Israel and not Srilanka or Afghanistan. You must invest in latest 4-5 gen technologies.

*Facepalm*

A wise decision by PAF to keep thunder down for a while, its not a political decision, its a tactical decision, and i support it.

I rather see thunder on the ground, than performing 50%.

Western media will not lose any opportunity to give bad press to thunder, if it under perform's at this stage, PAF will lose future order's.

Good decision for a time being. :cheers:

I Beg to disagree
the static display is already there so why not withdraw that too if we go by your logic? can the bad press not happen for static display if the intent is there?

secondly why commit something if there was such a concern? the plane has been formally inducted into the service you think PAF will settle for something underperforming?

any possible issues should have been thought before hand I think someone is answerable
1 who gave the go ahead for the flying display
2 who withheld some information which made it unsuitable to fly

it is a business opportunity event which has been lost
its target market is the modest 20-25M Dollars small/ developing countries so it was in no way competing with western planes.

hope someone can find out the actual reason to pull out the flying display from show
was it UK/ show organisers or PAK/ China?

In a way, yes.

How would you compare a 2.5/3 Gen aircraft with current 4.5/5 Gen aircrafts relevant today??

Sir, i guess it would be wrong if u consider J-17 to be a 2.5/3 gen aircraft. It certainly isn't when it includes the technologies like-

semi-monocoque structure.
hands on throttle and stick (HOTAS).
Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) and a wide-angle holographic Head-Up Display (HUD).
three colour multi-function displays (MFD).
digital fly-by-wire (FBW) system in the pitch axis.
health and usage monitoring system (HUMS).
data links.
beyond visual range (BVR).
Precision-guided munitions (PGM) such as laser-guided bombs and satellite-guided bombs.

Come-on buddy, its just a machine. You can admire the machine if not its usage.:cheers:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom