What's new

Thunder out of the Farnborough Air Show ?

MAY BE BIT OBSOLETE WHEN COMPARED WITH OTHER aircrafts..or PAF less confident, because any pitfall will seriously dent the confidence of PAF , since this is much hyped old teck aircraft

You have some good Indian members expressing their sorrow and consoling Zaki and Tempest who have spent serious money to watch this bird and this is all you have to say:angry:. If you cant say anything nice please keep it shut.
Guys Iam sorry to hear that thunder will not be performing. It may have to do with some clearance(?? engine related) or PAF might feel that it does not want ot demonstrate its bird just yet, as it wants to tweek things a bit more. Either way it is a sad day.
Araz

Sir, i guess it would be wrong if u consider J-17 to be a 2.5/3 gen aircraft. It certainly isn't when it includes the technologies like-

semi-monocoque structure.
hands on throttle and stick (HOTAS).
Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) and a wide-angle holographic Head-Up Display (HUD).
three colour multi-function displays (MFD).
digital fly-by-wire (FBW) system in the pitch axis.
health and usage monitoring system (HUMS).
data links.
beyond visual range (BVR).
Precision-guided munitions (PGM) such as laser-guided bombs and satellite-guided bombs.

Come-on buddy, its just a machine. You can admire the machine if not its usage.:cheers:

I must appreciate people like you on this forum who want to keep things balanced. THANK YOU. Incidentally Thunder now has FBW in Pitch and Yaw both.
Araz

My guess is that it will be a mock-up and not the real thing on display. Since its a Chinese designed plane with some russian technology, I don't suppose any local maintenance infracture is availabe for this aircraft anywhere outside Pakistan and China. Its not practical to fly the plane half way across the globe without the maitenance crew and equipment, Since every hour of flying time will require 10's of hours of maintenance.

Except for the Engine, what is Russian in it ???

Whenever planes fly anywhere in the world for exercises or for such air shows, support staff, spares and equipment also go with it. In this case also a C-130 would be going with 2 JF-17s having support staff as well as maintenance equipment.

I have no idea from where you got this figure that after some hours of flying it needs 10 Hrs of maintenance.

JF-17 comes with DADEC, majority of the health of the engine is monitored through computer, similarly other health issues of the aircraft are monitored through computer also.

And PAF has been flying this aircraft for last many years, they have by now fully maintenance structure in house and know how to maintain the aircraft at home as well as abroad.

So plzzz don't come up with such ignorant facts if you don't know fully about this system.

Its all much hyped AC's...the unproven paper tigers J17 and Indian Mki.
do u think the western world will accept a Chinese designed aircraft on par with latest 4.5, 5 th gen aircrafts ?
will a Mig 21 aircraft redesigned with BVR missiles, Flat panel displays & fLY by wire make it 4 th GEN ?:D

Since you have opened the Gab with some funky verbage, would you like to qualify your statement please!!Yo uwill notice that inspite of my agressive language i have asked you nicely THIS TIME!!
Araz

These exhibits are for big time buyers who want latest gen fighter jets.

Bigger exhibitons always grab contracts from all sort of countries. Not only big time buyers but also small buyers come to these shows so you are wrong in your assumptions. The only reason you dont find out immediately is that project analysis and details and contract signatures take a lot of time so what may have started now get finalized a couple of yrs down the line. The Indian MRCA contract is an example to prove the point.
Araz

Sorry but I am not that passionate about Jf-17 to buy ticket for England to see air show. but oh well good luck.

Well i may be wrong, but may be the Chinese & Pakistanis have decided to make a flying debut of the JF-17 at the Zhuhai Air Show later to be held in November, as a product made by both should first make its debut at its own air show, rather then go somewhere else and make a debut, as in 2008 there was a strong chance that JF-17 will be featured, but it did not, thus may be they wanna do the debut this year at Zhuhai.

PAF had confidence in this plane that is why it had agreed to show case it in flying display, AFM also reported it very prominently, the decision to withdraw it would be not having confidence in it, rather something else, which we may find out through Pshamim or nabil.

what the PAF and CAC make complete sense.

do you think people in Farnborough will see this bird and appriciate it for the Pluses it have.. if you think so, it is big no. the Aviation exprets of west will be always biased coz, they want to sell their work to audience in west.

These exprets will highlight what JF17 lacks and paint a very bad picture with wrong words , driving out potential custoemrs for cac and paf.

well they will do it even for Russian aircraft for them Russian aircrafts are craps.. leave chinese or Inidan ..

JF17 is under development and it is not yet completed. testing is on at this stage there is no need to exibit and make some mistake. once every thing is proved it can be done. PAF has done some good PR and projected this as its next gen aircraft. and if people talk about it wrongly it wont go well with the people .. this is not needed.

but for sure it is a disappointment ... one way ot another

Not too many jets flying either..
the rafale isnt flying, neither is the Gripen..

May be it would a tactic by PAF to not to disclose JF17 capabilities to the world atleast now (untill they secure avionics deal) so that France's concerns on JF17 being a low cost alternative of Rafale, should not increase......

*my two cents*

Well i may be wrong, but may be the Chinese & Pakistanis have decided to make a flying debut of the JF-17 at the Zhuhai Air Show later to be held in November, as a product made by both should first make its debut at its own air show, rather then go somewhere else and make a debut, as in 2008 there was a strong chance that JF-17 will be featured, but it did not, thus may be they wanna do the debut this year at Zhuhai.

PAF had confidence in this plane that is why it had agreed to show case it in flying display, AFM also reported it very prominently, the decision to withdraw it would be not having confidence in it, rather something else, which we may find out through Pshamim or nabil.

I pray..May Allah grant pakistan power and wisdom to make JF 17 the top Class 5th generation fighter in the world without anybody's help..and i know Pakistan have the capability to do that at this moment...
:pakistan::pdf:

Well The JF 17 is the Cheapest advanced aircraft in the $25 million range. It is a great replacement for the MiG 21 and the Chinese copies all over the world. Cmon it is a very capable aircraft that can replace the miG 21...with a decent radar it can do far better than now. So I dont see what problems they have flying this aircraft in Faranborough as there is no other aircraft flying in this segment. Strap on a Russian Kopyo Radar then see how this aircraft can perform.

I pray..May Allah grant pakistan power and wisdom to make JF 17 the top Class 5th generation fighter in the world without anybody's help..and i know Pakistan have the capability to do that at this moment...
:pakistan::pdf:

Well take my advise, You need to redesign the JF-17 , to make it a complete 5th gen aircraft, and Pakistan has already started working on avionics.... Nothing is easy my friend.... Everything has its own time and value...:cheers:

Well The JF 17 is the Cheapest advanced aircraft in the $25 million range. It is a great replacement for the MiG 21 and the Chinese copies all over the world. Cmon it is a very capable aircraft that can replace the miG 21...with a decent radar it can do far better than now. So I dont see what problems they have flying this aircraft in Faranborough as there is no other aircraft flying in this segment. Strap on a Russian Kopyo Radar then see how this aircraft can perform.

:rofl::rofl:

Are you seriously comparing JF17 with Mig 21 and emphasizing it by repeating again and again???? lol
Bloody pathetic indian mindset.
Even toy plane is better than Mig21, atleast its crash rate is much lower compared to indian Mig21 :rofl:
BTW if this makes you sleep well than I have no issue.:P

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom