What's new

Three youths assaulted in Chennai theatre for taking selfies during National Anthem

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Three youths were allegedly beaten up by moviegoers for not standing up when the National Anthem was being played in a Chennai theatre on Sunday, The Times of India reported.

The incident comes on the backdrop of Supreme Court's 30 November order which made it mandatory for everyone in a cinema hall to stand for the National Anthem before the commencement of a film.

national-anthem_380.jpg

Representational image. Getty Images

The incident took place in Kasi Theatre in Chennai's Ashok Nagar. According to The Times of India report, violence broke out during the interval of a Tamil film, Chennai 28-II. Twenty men assaulted three students, including two women, who were part of a seven-member group. They were allegedly taking selfies while the national anthem was being played, the report added.

The scuffle took place after a group of moviegoers objected to the group taking selfies during the National Anthem was being played. Based on the complaint from Vijayakumar, who objected to the behaviour of the youths, filed a police complaint under the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act and the Indian Penal Code, The Hindu reported.

Meanwhile, a group of moviegoers filed a separate complaint against those who manhandled and threatened the seven people. Both the groups were later interrogated by police, the report added.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/thre...g-selfies-during-national-anthem-3152102.html

Good. A few tight slaps does wonders for a man's development. Especially when the man in question is a moron who hasn't a clue about respecting his national anthem.

Twenty men assaulted three students, including two women, who were part of a seven-member group.

If there is any law of the land which is against taking selfies during natioal anthem they should be convicted according to it . But this hooliganism and mob mentality belongs to stone age . Plus beating women wow !! .

If there is any law of the land which is against taking selfies during natioal anthem they should be convicted according to it . But this hooliganism and mob mentality belongs to stone age . Plus beating women wow !! .

Rubbish. Social action and Social responsibilities are perfectly reasonable reason for giving a tight slap to people who seeks to insult others, nation or even "eve tease".

The law cannot interfere in every aspect of human life. Law provides a solid framework for social order, but it is not the only structure. Social commitment is also one of the important structures.

Otherwise god forbid some one tries to molest your wife or daughter on the road don't take any personal responsibility and action, shout "police ...police" and run away to find a policeman :lol:

Only a moron will come up with such absurd rationalisation for cowardice and lack of empathy.

In this instance, the slap was perfectly justified and I applaud the courage of the men who took such action in face of such obnoxious and arrogant disrespect of the nation.

Rubbish. Social action and Social responsibilities are perfectly reasonable reason for giving a tight slap to people who seeks to insult others, nation or even "eve tease".

The law cannot interfere in every aspect of human life. Law provides a solid framework for social order, but it is not the only structure. Social commitment is also one of the important structures.

Otherwise god forbid some one tries to molest your wife or daughter on the road don't take any personal responsibility and action, shout "police ...police" and run away to find a policeman :lol:

Only a moron will come up with such absurd rationalisation for cowardice and lack of empathy.

In this instance, the slap was perfectly justified and I applaud the courage of the men who took such action in face of such obnoxious and arrogant disrespect of the nation.

Though I do agree with Cherokee to an extent on the women bit (I read that later to be honest). I've not grown up in a family where men raise their hands on women. Hope its typical yellow journalism and it was some self respecting women who did the honors.

May be slapped by a women in mob. But thts not the issue we discussing.

You are no better than people who want other people's head of a pike since their religion was insulted .

May be slapped by a women in mob. But thts not the issue we discussing.

That is absolutely part of it .

What is this hyper-nationalism ..

Those people are reportedly from CPU(M). These leftists always speak loudly until they get what they deserve and afterwards they cry saying democracy is not practical.

Fucking idiot's. What's wrong with showing respect to the flag and anthem. These guys would **** around wasting a lot of time but they won't spare 2 min.

Strict action must be taken.

What is this hyper-nationalism ..
If the same happens in Pakistan what will they be subjected to? It's general tendency to act upon emotions and the emotion will be high when it comes to flag and anthem.

The govt authorities are so insecure that they have to force the national anthem before a movie is shown.

I think no one here in Pakistan go berserk for such things..It's their choice.. what's wrong with it..I have been to Cinepax here in my city..there are people who don't stand in national anthem and take selfies etc but it doesn't hurt our nationalism..IMO people in Pakistan are more Mature ..no offence..

Why didn't the group of seven fight back? Standing for a National anthem means what really when you dont respect fellow citizens, what is a country without it's people, just a piece of land. People have set their priorities in all the wrong things, there are even idiots out there who justify murder of own people in the name of National interests and this happens everywhere from very developed to underdeveloped states.

Back
Top Bottom