What's new

This decision will haunt the court in times to come: Asma Jahangir

I understand some of her legal arguments. Basically it would have been better for Nawaz to step down voluntarily before today's judgment.
He thought presenting fake documents and threatening judges was a better idea now he is neck i\deep in his own shit
So....today's judgment isn't what removed Nawaz, it's simply that once the court delivered its verdict he stepped down voluntarily?
Not really court ordered his removal his own resignation was just for political consumption he was already disqualified before he resigned

I understand some of her legal arguments. Basically it would have been better for Nawaz to step down voluntarily before today's judgment.

So....today's judgment isn't what removed Nawaz, it's simply that once the court delivered its verdict he stepped down voluntarily?

Essentially, yes. The Prime Minister resigned before even the notification for his disqualification from the ECP (Election Commission of Pakistan) was issued.

Not really court ordered his removal his own resignation was just for political consumption he was already disqualified before he resigned

Its a technicality.

After the Supreme Court judgement was issued, the Prime Minister resigned "voluntarily" before the ECP (Election Commission of Pakistan) could service him the disqualification notice.

Last edited:
Courts cannot be more powerful then peoples mandate. In a democracy peoples mandate is supreme.

People's mandate is not supreme. The rule of law is supreme. Be it in the US, UK, or anyother democratic nation. If any sitting elected official is found to be above the law he/she will be removed.

True indeed, hope lies eternal though. But have you seen anything similar in past history? This is the first time, that something of this sort has happened, it is a deviation of sorts from the norm. Rather than being hopeless, isn't it better to think that a precedent is being set? What is there to be gained by seeing the glass half empty?

Sir, the courts have indeed been used many times in the past to deliver blows to those governments that have been deemed to have fallen out of favor with the true overlords, many times, under various pretexts of necessity and accountability. What has happened now is just another chapter from the same book.

I am fine with this temporary show of enthusiasm and idealism, for it is to be expected, but we will be talking about the same issues again with the next chosen circus act in the not too distant future.

Selective justice can be O.K. Example: police ignoring jaywalkers in order to pursue a thief.

You just have to have your facts and value system straight. None of this, "Well, a century ago so-and-so did this criminal thing (or so it's mandatory to learn in school), so today I'm justified to..."

The selectivity here is in letting some jaywalkers go, but not others, and catching some thieves, but not others.

how it is selective justice in this case.??

Please see the above.

The selectivity here is in letting some jaywalkers go, but not others, and catching some thieves, but not others.

Then there are simply too many jaywalkers however that doesn't mean one forgo jaywalking laws. It becomes a matter of striking the right balance.

Shariah law is part of our constitution so there isn't anything which Foreign media can do
anyways the strict barbaric inhumane Sharia law only demands Public representatives to be sagacious, righteous, non-profligate, honest and ameen

Ahh some burnol for you

Why people are abusing SAH. He has an argument, argue with him don't greet him with invective.

The great thing about moments like this is all of our enemies line up next to each other. You can see who doesn't have the interest of Pakistan in their hearts and minds from their words an actions. Pay attention Pakistaniyo.

Funnily, MNS has been disqualified not for taking money which doesnt belong to him, but for not taking money which belonged to him.

Regards

Sir, the courts have indeed been used many times in the past to deliver blows to those governments that have been deemed to have fallen out of favor with the true overlords, many times, under various pretexts of necessity and accountability. What has happened now is just another chapter from the same book.

I am fine with this temporary show of enthusiasm and idealism, for it is to be expected, but we will be talking about the same issues again with the next chosen circus act in the not too distant future.

Hope is all I have, so I will take it. I understand what you are talking about, but someone being disqualified or tried for being corrupt and while following the due process in a fair court of law, that's a new one. Seems like a new book in writing to me. The infamous doctrine of necessity would have warranted that Nawaz Sharif be kept in the Govt to avoid fallout and political instability, no? Whats the point of removing an elected PM amenable to military dictation?

Lets see what the future brings.

Back
Top Bottom