What's new

Thinking of visiting Pakistan -

Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
First concern is food. I keep kosher, so that rules out meat. Fruit, vegetables, and even plain bread should be all right.

Milk I might accept if it was Halal-certified. Is there Halal certification of milk and dairy products in Pakistan?

First concern is food. I keep kosher, so that rules out meat. Fruit, vegetables, and even plain bread should be all right.

Milk I might accept if it was Halal-certified. Is there Halal certification of milk and dairy products in Pakistan?
Is there Halal certification of milk and dairy products in Pakistan?

pakistan is a islamic country

Welcome, welcome! Let us know how we can be of assistance. If you need some help getting around, let me know and I'll be happy to arrange things for you.

It is impossible, pretty much, to find anything not-Halal in Pakistan.

Aren't the Halal and Kosher methods viz meat not pretty much identical? You will find tons of very appealing food choices even if you limit your diet to vegetables and bread. Some things you should not miss out on:

1) Samosa (Fried flaky pastry with spicy potato mix inside. Not a meal, but a great snack... YUM!)
2) Aloo-chanay or Anda-chana with naan (Potato/Garbanzo curry or Egg/Garbanzo curry with Naan bread)
3) Palak (Spinach cooked in an exclusively Pakistani way)
4) Aloo wala naan (Naan bread with spicy potato stuffing)
5) B.hindi (Semi-dry spicy okra dish with onions, tomatoes and more)
6) Poori with Bhujia (fried, flaky bread made with white flour accompanied by Garbanzo or Potato curry - signature breakfast dish)

Do try the fresh fruit juices. If you go to Lahore, try the juices at Palmer's at the Royal Palm Club.

Also, the Dam Pukht restaurant at the Pearl continental is stellar! If you can do sea food, you must try their "Till wala Jheenga" - a signature shrimp dish they do which is just supremely delicious!

The best Thai soup I've ever had and some of the best Chinese food is available at Stevie's Wok in DHA Lahore.

If you can resolve the Kosher-Halal scenario, you MUST try the grilled meats! My mouth is watering as I write this, but Seekh kebabs, Bihari kebab, Malai boti, Chapli kebab and Chicken Tikka are just a few options. Bihari kebabs are pretty darn good at Bundu Khan at Fortress Stadium.

Damn good Italian food at Cafe' Aylanto (MM Alam Road)

For pastries/cakes, try Masoom's bakery off MM Alam Road, or Coffe Tea and Company a little further down on the same road. The Pakistani "icecream", Kulfi, is also very popular. You can get good Kulfi from Nirala sweets which has several branches across the city (one is close to Stevie's Wok and another is on the Main Boulevard in Hafeez center)

Good flame broiled burgers and fast food at Hardee's off MM Alam road.

Fun, happening place to eat late at night is Cafe' Zouk also off MM Alam. Music can be pretty loud though.

Pakistan does not believe in certification, lol. Actually the major dairy manufactures are all halal certified as they export to other countries and have to follow those procedures.

May I ask which city you are visiting, I hope you are not going to north waziristan.

You are very welcome and hope you have a nice stay, just ask here first however for places to visit and what to see. Let us know and we will tell you where to go and what to do, you might enjoy it a lot as some people I know have.

There are also synagogue's in Karachi and faislabad, do not know where though.

Oh and by the way, what are your interests? For example, art? painting? equestrian sports? music? drama? history? Tell us what you're into and where you'll be going and we'd be happy to give you recommendations.

I was going to give you the Islamabad list, but before I do that, let's at least determine which cities you'll be able to visit...

Finally a tourist from US and A, let's treat him good and use Solomon as our ambassador, lol. In Karachi, there are many places to visit and sights to see, I will tell them to u in a post later.

Just don't do anything the good lord would not do. :)

hey buddy kosher is halal, isnt it??? so why not meat..

guys milk is always halal (coming from halal animals n thats the case in pakistan).. halal labels are put on things that are already halal..
@ solomon
welcome sir..we hope u wont go back disappointed!

hey buddy kosher is halal, isnt it??? so why not meat..

Muslims are allowed to eat Kosher meat but I dont think Jews are allowed to eat Halal (Zabihah) meat. For traditional Jews, Kosher is a must.

I think Kosher is avaliable in the large cities. Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi. Everything is available in these cities that you find in the west.

Welcome to Pakistan Soloman

Like TechLahore said if you need any assistance feel free to contact me also and you need to give us more details like for what exact reason you are visiting Pakistan so that we can suggest you the best places to visit accordingly. It would be very helpful if you could tell us the purpose of your visit

or is just a random visit? - Like many other members i will be able to help you only when you tell us in little more details

Back
Top Bottom