What's new

Thinking of visiting Pakistan -

Shining india and Airtell you have been reported for Trolling , Be carefull next time.

Welcome, welcome! Let us know how we can be of assistance. If you need some help getting around, let me know and I'll be happy to arrange things for you.

It is impossible, pretty much, to find anything not-Halal in Pakistan.

Aren't the Halal and Kosher methods viz meat not pretty much identical? You will find tons of very appealing food choices even if you limit your diet to vegetables and bread. Some things you should not miss out on:

1) Samosa (Fried flaky pastry with spicy potato mix inside. Not a meal, but a great snack... YUM!)
2) Aloo-chanay or Anda-chana with naan (Potato/Garbanzo curry or Egg/Garbanzo curry with Naan bread)
3) Palak (Spinach cooked in an exclusively Pakistani way)
4) Aloo wala naan (Naan bread with spicy potato stuffing)
5) B.hindi (Semi-dry spicy okra dish with onions, tomatoes and more)
6) Poori with Bhujia (fried, flaky bread made with white flour accompanied by Garbanzo or Potato curry - signature breakfast dish)

Do try the fresh fruit juices. If you go to Lahore, try the juices at Palmer's at the Royal Palm Club.

Also, the Dam Pukht restaurant at the Pearl continental is stellar! If you can do sea food, you must try their "Till wala Jheenga" - a signature shrimp dish they do which is just supremely delicious!

The best Thai soup I've ever had and some of the best Chinese food is available at Stevie's Wok in DHA Lahore.

If you can resolve the Kosher-Halal scenario, you MUST try the grilled meats! My mouth is watering as I write this, but Seekh kebabs, Bihari kebab, Malai boti, Chapli kebab and Chicken Tikka are just a few options. Bihari kebabs are pretty darn good at Bundu Khan at Fortress Stadium.

Damn good Italian food at Cafe' Aylanto (MM Alam Road)

For pastries/cakes, try Masoom's bakery off MM Alam Road, or Coffe Tea and Company a little further down on the same road. The Pakistani "icecream", Kulfi, is also very popular. You can get good Kulfi from Nirala sweets which has several branches across the city (one is close to Stevie's Wok and another is on the Main Boulevard in Hafeez center)

Good flame broiled burgers and fast food at Hardee's off MM Alam road.

Fun, happening place to eat late at night is Cafe' Zouk also off MM Alam. Music can be pretty loud though.

Damn.......you've really made my mouth to water...........especially when i'm here sitting in my office ad have forgot to bring lunch. :cry:

I can tell you this.
Once you go to Turkey.
You will never go back:D

But yea pakistan is a beautiful country too.

Hi
If you are coming to Pakistan then you must visit Islamabad, it's not as big as Karachi or Lahore, But it has a clean and serene environment as compared to both of them, Not to mention Islamabad is the Capitol City, it is a home to all the embassies, High Commissions, Consulates etc which means that some of them must have got Jewish staff as well so i am sure keeping this in mind Kosher food will be available here very easily.
We Pakistani's prefer Chicken over other kinds of meats so even in that case you shouldn't have any food related issues
As for music we have Lok Virsa here they do occasionally arrange regional music festivals for more info you can visit
:: LOK VIRSA...National Institute of Folk & Traditional Heritage. Islamabad .Official Website ::
I don't know what kind of places you prefer but one plus point of Isb is that it's very green & the weather over here is better than that of Karachi & Lahore
Just in case if you are wondering how Isb looks like

Tourism + commerce. Working on it still, that's why no certainty or dates.

Do keep us updated on your plans... we really would like to help out and offer you our hospitality. I am currently travelling abroad, but will be back in Pakistan by the end of the summer. Hope to see you there.

I see my question in post 41^ had been responded to, I haden't read all the pages. No need to answer again, the first one is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom