What's new

Think Tank Analysts and Site Staff

Webby,
I am not mad---I am just a helpless middle aged man who has been rejected by his very own.
Mast Khan ki masti loot li jamilmo ne! Hai budhape me ye din dikhaye!

Sir, your are one of the most respected member of this forum and you are right about TTA title does not guarantee quality. See one of the example below.

It's okay, the Indians are feeling left out. We can't really go down to their level and argue.
This show the std. of selection process!!Talking about level, sir you've lost all for sure.

Last edited:
I resigned my title for TT around 6 years ago.

Too many disagreements----. Give you an example--- i was the only pakistani who stated around 6 years ago when the JF 17 came out that it would take 6 to 10 years to integrate that aircraft minimum & for the pilot to be proficient & excel on the aircraft---it was my car salesman thick skin & fundamental knowledge of the aircrafts that I held firm to my beliefs even after tremendous bashing from senior mods---admins---TT---& many a members for many a years.

I also stated that it was the wrong aircraft for paf ( nothing wrong with the aircraft )---also stated that by the time paf fully integrates this aircraft---they will be 10 to 20 years behind in technology & preparedness if they had bought the grippen or the rafale---

Incidently I feel terrible about that---but time has proven me right---. These types of comments created a lots of animosity---I gave a piece of my mind to this senior mod / admin ot TT someone---they asked me to apologize---.
Hmmm
Now I remember, somebody had told me about this incident.
Its sad that we dont have somebody as knowledgeable and experienced like you at the helm of TTA gp.

MastanKhan said:
Isn't it a tragedy that the current chairperson of this board is a fresh graduate of college with no job experience---living & dependant on his parents to give hoim shelter & feed him---he was in college when he got this job---. Such is the tragedy of my pakistan---without going thru the grinder of life---they want titles---.
I am so sorry sir, I have no knowledge as to who the current chairperson is.
But whoever it is I wish them well.
Though I still hope you get your title back, because you're one of the most deserving candidates on this forum.
Mastan saheb kab tak insult kero ge? The very chairperson joined Pakistan Air Force.

Give us some credit also yaar. :P
Webby
Out of all the forum that I have been to I find this forum the best, you've done a great job.
I surely dont support all your decisions :P but still I think as an admin of the site you 're far better than others.

Gotta go trolling...
:crazy_pilot:

sms said:
I am sure you meant zaalimo ne. :D

I resigned my title for TT around 6 years ago.

Too many disagreements----. Give you an example--- i was the only pakistani who stated around 6 years ago when the JF 17 came out that it would take 6 to 10 years to integrate that aircraft minimum & for the pilot to be proficient & excel on the aircraft---it was my car salesman thick skin & fundamental knowledge of the aircrafts that I held firm to my beliefs even after tremendous bashing from senior mods---admins---TT---& many a members for many a years.

I also stated that it was the wrong aircraft for paf ( nothing wrong with the aircraft )---also stated that by the time paf fully integrates this aircraft---they will be 10 to 20 years behind in technology & preparedness if they had bought the grippen or the rafale---.

Incidently I feel terrible about that---but time has proven me right---. These types of comments created a lots of animosity---I gave a piece of my mind to this senior mod / admin ot TT someone---they asked me to apologize---.

Isn't it a tragedy that the current chairperson of this board is a fresh graduate of college with no job experience---living & dependant on his parents to give hoim shelter & feed him---he was in college when he got this job---. Such is the tragedy of my pakistan---without going thru the grinder of life---they want titles---.

Thanks for the information,

@jaibi has worked in PAF as a psychologist just recently. Talking about real title in life, I just can say that maybe some one has the education title because of his patience to undergo education until Phd level, but another one who has better intellectuality and analytical skills potentially has a good chance to win the debate over them even though not having high education title.

I am agree with you that live is something much more than just intellectuality competition and arguing, just like what we can see here in PDF. In real life though just having a good intellectuality is not enough, there should be emotional skills, and mental power to be success there (and for Muslim, spiritual power as well). But people with some high intellectuality surely has so much potency in their real life, particularly if they can put same effort in developing their emotional skills.

Perhaps a useful compromise would be for the user of each nationality with the highest number of thanks to be given a special rank, similar to a TTA, but in essence, popularly elected. This would give the users who feel left out some representation, and perhaps vent some of the frustration with the opaque selection process for TTAs.

Perhaps a useful compromise would be for the user of each nationality with the highest number of thanks to be given a special rank, similar to a TTA, but in essence, popularly elected. This would give the users who feel left out some representation, and perhaps vent some of the frustration with the opaque selection process for TTAs.

@LeveragedBuyout ,

Do you mind if I ask your specialization(s), skill(s) ? Advanced thanks, sir.

Why bother doing that???
Admin would still get brick bats from every direction. :D

Though I am not the admin of the site but still I think I can make a wild guess as to why TTA titles were introduced.
It serves 2 purposes, one giving the badge to one of the prominent members causes others to aspire to be a badge holder and in the process improve the quality of their posts. Two, when the title is given to a stealth troll then its like putting him/her in a rehab. Lolzz.
But yes I would support what you had suggested in your previous post that there should be a more transparent way of electing a TTA, especially after a few dilettante TTAs have already proved themselves on this thread.

I do respect a few TTA's who are not just excellent posters but also show no bias when giving a positive or negative rating.

Yes. Among the TTAs are a cohort that indeed command respect based on the quality of their contributions, but the reasons that you have provided for anointing of TTAs is an ignoratio elenchi. That may be how it should work, but it clearly does not work that way. There are two reasons for this: misguided, but well-intentioned aims on the part of the site staff (an incentive to improve the quality of the site by providing something to strive for), and conflict of interest (unqualified TTAs are involved in the selection of other unqualified TTAs). The reality is that users will not respect the opinion of certain users simply because the site staff tell them to, but rather because those users have earned a reputation for contributing quality content. @MastanKhan and @Rashid Mahmood have already alluded to this.

So why have the TTA title? I assumed it was because newer users, like me, could not possibly know to whom to turn for quality contributions concerning certain topics, and the title could serve as a proxy for said reputation. Since the staff have not supported that definition of TTA, it's difficult for me to understand their purpose, or why they should be the arbiters of quality content. To be honest, based on the discussion in this thread, I don't believe the TTA title has any relevance for users like me, who come to defence.pk to learn, rather than chit-chat with popular or amusing contributors.

Last edited:
Webby
Out of all the forum that I have been to I find this forum the best, you've done a great job.
I surely dont support all your decisions :P but still I think as an admin of the site you 're far better than others.
Well said! I totally agree! Webby is super, but some of the troops he commands like a couple of mods and TTAs sure need some brushing up!

But I wonder how Webby selects 'Professionals' when some haven't even fired a weapon in their lives and only gained 'military' knowledge from seeing war films?? :cheesy: :lol:

I was just wondering how can we attain the title of TTA and who assigns this title to a member.

I was just wondering how can we attain the title of TTA and who assigns this title to a member.

Consistent... good quality posts result in TTA and further up.

But I wonder how Webby selects 'Professionals' when some haven't even fired a weapon in their lives and only gained 'military' knowledge from seeing war films??

Which professionals are you talking about? Some are just in the industry, they don't have to fire.

Consistent... good quality posts result in TTA and further up.

Which professionals are you talking about? Some are just in the industry, they don't have to fire.
People who have first hand experience, knowledge and who've been in the defence forces are far better than having armchair analysts who have no clue on what ground realities are! They sometimes even quote some crappy blogs from teenagers to back up their 'analysis'!!! Jeeez!

There are many examples but I don't have time to hunt for them now as they are lost in the labyrinth of posts on PDF. However, I'll give you examples in future.

Sir, your are one of the most respected member of this forum and you are right about TTA title does not guarantee quality. See one of the example below.

This show the std. of selection process!!Talking about level, sir you've lost all for sure.

Most of you Indians are trolls, sadly some Pakistanis have to drag themselves down in order to counter the multitude of trolls. Naturally this means think tanks will have to get their hands dirty every once in a while. Does not reflect on the selection process at all.

People who have first hand experience, knowledge and who've been in the defence forces are far better than having armchair analysts who have no clue on what ground realities are! They sometimes even quote some crappy blogs from teenagers to back up their 'analysis'!!! Jeeez!

There are many examples but I don't have time to hunt for them now as they are lost in the labyrinth of posts on PDF. However, I'll give you examples in future.

All Professionals have been in the military, afaik the exception is Joe Shearer who has done more than enough to earn the exeption.

Back
Top Bottom