What's new

Think Tank Analysts and Site Staff

Most of you Indians are trolls, sadly some Pakistanis have to drag themselves down in order to counter the multitude of trolls. Naturally this means think tanks will have to get their hands dirty every once in a while. Does not reflect on the selection process at all.

Same applies to most of Pakistanis. Habit (most of Pakistani members) of trolling, hatching conspiracy theories, misplaced priorities along with generalizing (about India and every one) makes almost every discussions useless.

Most of think tank memebers are sane except few!

All Professionals have been in the military, .
That's a very good example of generalization, making assumptions without any credible evidence by a Pakistani member

lol, till this day, I still don't know why am I a professional :)

One day I was trolling in Chinese Section, the next day my name is blacked .....

On the other hand, Seriously we may need a title do over. I bet you millions to donut anyone in the management cannot name even 70% of the TTA without looking at their forum control panel....

It is the right of the management to run this forum as they wish to, and this right should be respected at all times. Why kvetch?

lol come to think of it, a lot of people here think i am not really military professional. They think i am a floor mopping janitor who may mob the barrack floor....

Maybe, i am not denying that lol....

what do u mean??....
This issue has already been discussed several times.

After losing patience with the low-quality contributions of several TTAs and adding them to my ignore list, I wanted to return to this thread almost a year after starting it to revisit the idea of formal qualifications for TTAs. Therefore, I propose the following:

Open a new sub-forum called PDF Exclusives, and require all TTAs to contribute an original article/analysis at least once per quarter to maintain their TTA status. This would serve three purposes:

1) Slowly bring to an end the copy/paste culture here, and encourage original analysis that would make PDF a valuable source of information and analysis, instead of a glorified RSS feed.

2) Reduce friction with the normal users. TTAs, after their quarterly contribution, can feel free to continue with their smug, one-line responses to the insights of regular users, but at least they would be seen to be making an effort to justify their ability to pass judgment (i.e. award positive and negative ratings) on the huddled masses; and site staff will be able to point users to these original contributions when faced with the inevitable, "why is the troll-like XYZ a TTA?" line of questioning from skeptical users.

3) Create a farm system for future TTAs, by providing a single section where new talent can contribute and be recognized, instead of the balkanized and scattered system in place currently.

Thank you for your consideration.

After losing patience with the low-quality contributions of several TTAs and adding them to my ignore list, I wanted to return to this thread almost a year after starting it to revisit the idea of formal qualifications for TTAs. Therefore, I propose the following:

Open a new sub-forum called PDF Exclusives, and require all TTAs to contribute an original article/analysis at least once per quarter to maintain their TTA status. This would serve three purposes:

1) Slowly bring to an end the copy/paste culture here, and encourage original analysis that would make PDF a valuable source of information and analysis, instead of a glorified RSS feed.

2) Reduce friction with the normal users. TTAs, after their quarterly contribution, can feel free to continue with their smug, one-line responses to the insights of regular users, but at least they would be seen to be making an effort to justify their ability to pass judgment (i.e. award positive and negative ratings) on the huddled masses; and site staff will be able to point users to these original contributions when faced with the inevitable, "why is the troll-like XYZ a TTA?" line of questioning from skeptical users.

3) Create a farm system for future TTAs, by providing a single section where new talent can contribute and be recognized, instead of the balkanized and scattered system in place currently.

I like that criteria of releasing new original articles for every quarter. If the site owner is clever, he would compile the top articles and publish them as an academic quarterly journal, giving the site some more academic credential.

He could then charge a subscription fee for the said journal. Also he would need to pay me some royalties for giving this idea.

I like that criteria of releasing new original articles for every quarter. If the site owner is clever, he would compile the top articles and publish them as an academic quarterly journal, giving the site some more academic credential.

He could then charge a subscription fee for the said journal. Also he would need to pay me some royalties for giving this idea.
If he's clever enough then he'll get all this work done for gratis. Ahem!!
And I must say "he" is very clever!!
:lol:

If he's clever enough then he'll get all this work done for gratis. Ahem!!
And I must say "he" is very clever!!
:lol:

If he is clever, he would share the site's profits and revenues with every PDF members, with me getting an extra large share. This would 100% guarantee to make all the forumers happy and the GHQ section would no longer be needed. The forums membership will also guarantee to boom.

Couldn't agree with that more. Although I myself lazily copy/paste news articles completely, it does reduce the quality of discussion topics greatly. Also mods are too lazy to watch out for similar threads. For example there are a dozen new threads on Pakistan's participation in Yemen everyday, when they should be merged in a single thread.

LeveragedBuyout mera bacha(my child) come here i will give u a glass of milk and cookie, it will relax your mind. Its just a forum and you are getting too worked up. I dont think those ppl who are TTA's here are a part of some real think tank in here, i just felt they are some smes ,knowledgeable ppl and hence the titles. I am new here so may not know abt many of them but syedali73 bahi is pretty legit one.I sometimes dont even notice the title , but once i was majorly disappointed to see professional title under one nick and that one is USCentcom.
Anyways, your suggestions were pretty good, specifially PDF exclsives one, tta's contributing their own well reasearched articles, analysis or plain information sharing. If that happens thats going to be some wealth of information.
And as for the below quoted part ,couldn't agree more. I think one beauty of online forums is that they provide you an opp to express your views. So lets make a best use of these platforms and except for ocassions where copy paste is unavoidable produce your own write ups. That way you also gain debating skills. Its fun to watch long running ,arguments and logic backed civil discourses.
1) Slowly bring to an end the copy/paste culture here, and encourage original analysis that would make PDF a valuable source of information and analysis, instead of a

Lastly, the moderation of this place is super pathetic. You can get warning for ridiculous stuff but abusive horridness despite reporting will be left behind to glow in full glory. The worst stuff here are indian trolls. Lack debating skills ,when fail to provide counters, they start calling you troll,morons and worst of all the desi galis and repeatedly mention APS massacare to tease us pakistanis. I have reported abuse and such posts but no action was taken. I hope mods someday will wake up from their slumber. The only person doing moderation here is seemingly only Horus bahii.
And also this place is great but indians have horribly downgraded it with baiting and most of all abusive super abusive language. Just today some (insert choice words) indian was telling me that posts of pakistanis here are most 'the C word desi profanity'. These lowlife trolls are also the most degenerate perverts. If not for some good pakistanis here would have been near impossible for female posters to stick around.
I like this place but manhoos indians :[

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom