What's new

Think Tank Analysts and Site Staff

This guy --> @LeveragedBuyout is a true American Entrepreneur .

I-Like-It-Another-Thor-Reaction-Gif.gif

LeveragedBuyout mera bacha(my child) come here i will give u a glass of milk and cookie, it will relax your mind. Its just a forum and you are getting too worked up.

For all of your hysteria over the Indian users here, you yourself are a troll.

I dont think those ppl who are TTA's here are a part of some real think tank in here, i just felt they are some smes ,knowledgeable ppl and hence the titles.

They are not real think tank analysts, no. My point is that there is no indication that they are subject matter experts, either, because they do not write incisive analysis. Instead, many or most of them troll other users with one-line, snide responses. Perhaps you're qualified to be a TTA.

I am new here so may not know abt many of them

Indeed. Spend some more time on PDF (if you can stand it), and you'll see what I'm concerned about. Perhaps next time, you'll provide constructive solutions as well, instead of simply adding to the mountain of complaints.

It's easy to ignore normal users, but trolling by titled users destroys the credibility of the entire site and degrades the good work done by the handful of deserving staff. The brand of PDF is damaged by these low-quality TTAs, and I have suggested a constructive, face-saving way for the site staff to remove these users.

I write this because there was a period of about 6 months last year that proved to be highly enjoyable and educational for me, where debate was constructive and behavior was professional. Admittedly, I primarily visit the East Asia and Americas forums, which I had found to be of a higher quality than other sections, but even those sections have been affected by the decline in quality.

One more recommendation to @WebMaster , if I may: please promote @Hu Songshan to full moderator status. He has been an even-handed international moderator, and that level of professionalism could benefit the entire site. Perhaps @Chinese-Dragon can take his place as the East Asia international moderator.

Chalo!!!! Leveragedbuyout brother was complaning abt TTAs and here he himself is exhibiting what amazing levels of tolerance.

Yes thankyou i am a troll.
Just as wise say ,some people are only talks. And thats it.

They are not real think tank analysts, no. My point is that there is no indication that they are subject matter experts, either, because they do not write incisive analysis. Instead, many or most of them troll other users with one-line, snide responses. Perhaps you're qualified to be a TTA.
But you should at least participate more. Taking a look at your post history, you have maybe 15 posts in the last 4 months.
Indeed. Spend some more time on PDF (if you can stand it), and you'll see what I'm concerned about. Perhaps next time, you'll provide constructive solutions as well, instead of simply adding to the mountain of complaints.

It's easy to ignore normal users, but trolling by titled users destroys the credibility of the entire site and degrades the good work done by the handful of deserving staff. The brand of PDF is damaged by these low-quality TTAs, and I have suggested a constructive, face-saving way for the site staff to remove these users.

I write this because there was a period of about 6 months last year that proved to be highly enjoyable and educational for me, where debate was constructive and behavior was professional. Admittedly, I primarily visit the East Asia and Americas forums, which I had found to be of a higher quality than other sections, but even those sections have been affected by the decline in quality.
Again i agree with you. Especially on the RSS nature of threads.

But you should at least participate more. Taking a look at your post history, you have maybe 15 posts in the last 4 months.

I actually consider myself a fairly active user, with an average of over 4 posts a day since I joined. If my frequency of participation has dropped off in the last several months, it's because I've been demoralized about the quality of discourse, and more specifically (without naming names), the selection of certain grossly unqualified users to be TTAs.

Even writing the few posts I have in the last few months has been difficult for me, because if I'm going to participate, I like to learn something in the process--either from the counter-party in the discussion, or from the research I do in crafting my own responses. Some examples:

The Collapse of China Collapse Theory | Page 3

Top 10 countries by National Wealth | Page 2

The Death of a Superpower? | Page 2

The Path to Democracy

In those particular cases, other users wrote insightful articles, which I deeply appreciated, and hoped to reciprocate with my own considered answers. I enjoyed researching and writing those posts. But the site quality has degraded to the extent that I would not consider investing that amount of time and energy at this point. Perhaps that makes me part of the problem, but on the other hand, as a normal user, it's not my burden to bear. It's the Think Tank Analysts who are obligated to create that level of discourse--else, returning to the original theme of this thread, what exactly are TTAs for?

In any case, as we have already seen in this thread multiple times, this issue is a third rail on PDF, and I have said enough on the matter. The site staff can consider or discard my points as they wish, but I've suggested them because I care enough about PDF to see it prosper; I had a great time in 2014. 2015, not so much. If the solution is as simple as me leaving PDF, I accept that.

@LeveragedBuyout You are one of my favourite members here and I learn a great amount of information from your posts. Your posts on this thread explain the current situation perfectly but I have to add one more thing. If there is an increase of constructive posts, then members who typically leave unproductive posts tend to increase the quality of their posts. I have witnessed this in the "Far East" section recently. No less than 6 months ago, the quality of posts proved to be distasteful but the participation of capable members in recent months have managed to increase the quality significantly. For this reason, my favourite section of this forum is Far East. So my appeal to you is that please increase your participation. The quality of the forum depends on members like you and your participation will hopefully attract an additional number of new constructive members and increase the quality of posts of existing members.

Back
Top Bottom