What's new

They Will Always Need Pakistan

Except that PA had far fewer casualties than the Arabs have in the same time span, within these situations.

As for goals, the houthis are looking for a political end, as they don't want to actually rule Yemen, they want to be similar to hezbullah of Lebanon. The Saudis consider the Houthis as an illegitimate political and military force. Their lack of ground operations has nothing to do with political maneuvering, but a lack of confidence of success, and a fear of high casualties.

Please let me put this matter in this way: Every national Army tries to do its best, and unless two Armies are fighting it out with each other, it is impossible to compare performances in any meaningful way that would be valid. This present trend of ridiculing the Saudi military while glorifying PA is simply juvenile chest thumping that has no purpose. Does anyone honestly think that Saudi Generals are fools, their field commanders do not know their craft, or that their soldiers love their country any less? If they do, they are simply wrong. Further, every military is backed by its country and government in pursuing national policies and goals.

Contrast this present thread with the way the US military described the Iraqi forces before they utterly destroyed them. Nowhere will you see any false bravado, but a careful respect for their opponents. Similarly, Pakistanis should learn to respect other military forces and not fall into the trap that only they know how to fight. Bhaijan, agley bhi tayyar ho ker larney ke liye aatey hein.

I am afraid your logic is most flawed. If we were to follow your logic then any two objects in the world cannot be compared just because they occupy different spatial and time domains so no meaningful comparison is possible. What bull crap. It is no chest thumping I think but fair assessment of capabilities.
There is a difference between knowing your capabilities, jingoism and arrogance as well as being objective and self bashing. Though I do agree such comparisons should not be discussed as they only create differences and not friends. I would like Arabs to rightfully take their place as true warriors and able soldiers after all they are a martial race.

Please let me put this matter in this way: Every national Army tries to do its best, and unless two Armies are fighting it out with each other, it is impossible to compare performances in any meaningful way that would be valid. This present trend of ridiculing the Saudi military while glorifying PA is simply juvenile chest thumping that has no purpose. Does anyone honestly think that Saudi Generals are fools, their field commanders do not know their craft, or that their soldiers love their country any less? If they do, they are simply wrong. Further, every military is backed by its country and government in pursuing national policies and goals.

Contrast this present thread with the way the US military described the Iraqi forces before they utterly destroyed them. Nowhere will you see any false bravado, but a careful respect for their opponents. Similarly, Pakistanis should learn to respect other military forces and not fall into the trap that only they know how to fight. Bhaijan, agley bhi tayyar ho ker larney ke liye aatey hein.
Do you just not read other people's comments?

I've already explained in detail why you're wrong, with examples. Your logic is flawed. By your logic, the US army and Somali "army" are equally good, when we know that's not true.

This isn't about glorifying Pakistan and shaming the Arabs, rather it is about presenting reality. There is a reason why gulf Arab nations gave relied heavily upon Pakistan and the US for security.
If the Gulf Arab militaries were as experienced as Pakistan, we would not be having this conversation.

Pakistan has been forced into a war from two fronts.

The eastern border has seen two near all out war conflicts and the western border has enemies from east and west together conspiring against us.

In this backdrop, Pakistan has fought the longest, most intense and a type of war that forced its army command to think of war in unconventional and asymmetric terms.

There is no army that has this type of battle hardened and battle ready force that can fight both unconventional and conventional war. This includes the wider region from the eastern borders of Europe to western borders of South East Asia.

Pakistan has been forced into a war from two fronts.

The eastern border has seen two near all out war conflicts and the western border has enemies from east and west together conspiring against us.

In this backdrop, Pakistan has fought the longest, most intense and a type of war that forced its army command to think of war in unconventional and asymmetric terms.

There is no army that has this type of battle hardened and battle ready force that can fight both unconventional and conventional war. This includes the wider region from the eastern borders of Europe to western borders of South East Asia.

Staying away from the middle east wars is the best decision that Pakistan made.

Do you just not read other people's comments?

I've already explained in detail why you're wrong, with examples. Your logic is flawed. By your logic, the US army and Somali "army" are equally good, when we know that's not true.

This isn't about glorifying Pakistan and shaming the Arabs, rather it is about presenting reality. There is a reason why gulf Arab nations gave relied heavily upon Pakistan and the US for security.
If the Gulf Arab militaries were as experienced as Pakistan, we would not be having this conversation.

Please read the OP again, and the ensuing discussion, it is indeed all about trying to glorify PA at the expense of the Arab militaries. Such an attempt is wrong and will fail. Gaining war "experience" is as much as a testament to failed foreign and defense policies as it is to prowess on the battlefield. Besides, despite Pakistan not participating, what odds will you give the Saudis that they will resolve their issues with Yemen quite successfully? I will predict that they will have the whole thing wrapped up in a few months, at the most a year.

Please read the OP again, and the ensuing discussion, it is indeed all about trying to glorify PA at the expense of the Arab militaries. Such an attempt is wrong and will fail. Gaining war "experience" is as much as a testament to failed foreign and defense policies as it is to prowess on the battlefield. Besides, despite Pakistan not participating, what odds will you give the Saudis that they will resolve their issues with Yemen quite successfully? I will predict that they will have the whole thing wrapped up in a few months, at the most a year.
In other words, you have no real way to counter my points. I'm not trying to be rude here, but that is essentially what you're saying.

As for the Yemen situation? I doubt the Saudis will come out of this in a good position. To get a political deal now would be tantamount to giving up. The entire reason why they even went into Yemen was so that Hadi would regain the capital and stay in power, and to eliminate the Houthi militancy, both of which seem to have so far failed miserably.

I given them a year before they give up and withdraw, at most 2 years before they're forced to withdraw.

Sir, of course it can. But it's all about a man behind the weapon. You must have seen the heavy casualties of GCC troops in Yemen. If this is the case then why GCC asked Pakistan to send their troops to fight insurgents? Pakistan decided to remain neutral in this conflict, and they started bashing Pakistan including Kuwait and UAE. There is no point of buying Ferrari if you can't drive fast.

How many casualities arabs suffered in yemen? I don't think arabs suffered much. They are gaining ground in yemen.Hauthies are no longer a fighting force they used to be. Arab involment in yemen is mainly arial and hauthies have no answer for it!

Patriots of Pakistan will remain patriotic towards Pakistan the land you
Live. Not the land of Arabs.

What will you choose

Allah kuakbar or Pakistan Zindabad? Very easy answer of Arabs will be Allah kuakbar isn't it or not. ?

It is Allah Hu Akbar.

And Pakistan army has the same war cry, Naara-e-Takbir....Allah Hu Akbar.

looks like all Pakistan has to offer is the army. It would be great if Pakistan's greatest contribution was a human resource of a different kind than the one that just fights wars. How about developing economy and show the Gulf countries how to progress after oil? how about political contribution by pressing for equal rights among minorities and women? how contribution to sciences or medical technologies?

In the current context of this thread, your post is absolute nonsense!

My point remains that it is incorrect to compare performance of Armies when the circumstances are so different. The OP fails in its basic premise, utterly.

Are you trying to suggest that a comparison can be made b/w the Pak Army and the Arab Army?

where does Pakistan have 8 lac troops as far as i know there are only 550000 troops

I guess he was referring to the combined strength of active and reserve troops.

Wars are win by troops on grounds.

Saudi and allied forces have insulted their reputation by showing reluctance in ground operation on fear on casualties.
They should fight like a soldier or better end this useless and unending war.

LOL.....Dude, what reputation? Saudi's and their coalition partners have no fighting reputation.

Stop talking like an ignorant... There is no comparison because TTP is being funded by multiple countries. And they've had big setup for years in NW which has been cleared in a year. The super power had fought in Afghanistan for a decade with heavy casualties and got humiliated.

Are you saying that hauthis are weaker than TTP? you must be jocking..

I think the author in the OP is generalizing a lot. Firstly Arabs live in a dozen or so countries all of which have different dynamics and have responded to existential threats in different ways. For example Egypt has a strong capable military and is facing a similar situation in Sinai that we are facing in Fata. The terrorists are too scared to come out in numbers and attack Cairo or Alexandria just as the TTP is too scared to come out and attack Peshawar and Islamabad in number. This is why they resort to terrorist attacks. So to label the Egyptian army in the same "Arab" category as the Yemeni army is like labelling Pakistani army in a "South Asian" category with Bangladesh. Each country has different dynamics and faces different situations. Generalizations never work

As far as the Khaleej nations go yes liimted manpower and lack of experiance is a big problem for them which is why they do look towards the Pakistani military for support offering dollars in return of course. Yemen is afaik the first real war they have engaged in. If an existential threat arises then yes I agree that they will need the Pakistani military's support but you cannot label these countries with other Arab nations like Egypt or Algeria who have forced terrorists to commit suicide attacks rather than engaging their militaries in battle.

Nice write up.. And we allowed them to invade us millennium ago, now they need south asians to fight and work..
they invade us because they have commanders to lead, leaders to motivate, and love for land..

Saudi Arabia is a holy land and this is our responsibility to protect this holy land.
Saudi Arabia is not holly Land, but the two cities are holly Makkah and Madina.

No your holy land is Pakistan. Nationalism is our Asia's attitude but Saudis or Gulf Muslims thinks Islam before all. Won't work with Pakistan or Bangladesh or even indoasia.
Which gives you more pride?
PAKISTAN Ka Matlab kya. Laa hilala hillalaa
Or allau akbar? Frank question
we Pakistani do both PAKISTAN ka matlab kya Laa ilaha illala and Allah hu Akbar.

but the sad thing is that Muslims of GCC made difference in Muslims and they considered themselves pure/elite muslims among all the muslims of the world.. and the new and biggest development is that they call themselves first Arab than Muslim comes..

Main problem is there is no clear cut history been told in Pakistan. Saudis are no way near comparable to Pakistanis. We pride about our land but they do the same in the name of Islam. No way Pakistan to even think like them more our land is precious than anything

Arabs don't pride Islam, they pride their tribes..
Abu bakr , Umar bin khattab, Usman bin Affan, Ali, Khalid bin Waleed.... etc, they pride Islam.

But the question is: Why should Pakistani soldiers spill their blood fighting for other nations that are monarchies who want to stay in power for their own interests? Let the regimes of the Middle East fight their own political battles.

Back
Top Bottom