What's new

The word 'Bharati'

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeacefulIndian

Reaction score
Just on a lighter note.

I see many Pakistani users use the word 'Bharati' to describe 'Indian'. Actually, Bharati in Sanskrit means Language or Dialect. Has nothing to do with Bharat, the nation.

Bharatiya would be a better word to use!!!

I know this word "Bharatiya"...but you'll have to twist your tongue to pronounce it:lol:.I prefer Indian.

bharati naari? or bhaaratiya naari?? :P

PeacefulIndian ji...mai kya ji...no offence intended ji...lol...its just that typing Bharati saves them ..er...about...0.0001 secs that Bharatiya takes up:P

PeacefulIndian, Sir!

It is very kind of you to try to educate the forum members here who use "Bharati". However, they are using this phrase because they think it is insulting; like Pak(i). So, don't spoil their fun.

Last edited:
Mr.Truthseeker whats up with your nick? and from where did you get this feeling that we are using "bharati" as a slang?? Please enlighten us...would you?

PeacefulIndian, Sir!

It is very kind of you to try to educate the forum members here who use "Bharati". However, they are using this phrase because they tink it is insulting. like Pak(i). So, don't spoil their fun.
AFAIK it's not an offensive term.India in Hindi Means Bharat so mostly people call Indians Bharti like We call Pakistan's people Pakistanis.

AFAIK it's not an offensive term.India in Hindi Means Bharat so mostly people call Indians Bharti like We call Pakistan's people Pakistanis.

Bharti is rurely used these days amongst Indians atleast. The more slang word is "Desi".

It does not phase me at all, but have realized the context it has been used.
Well mostly DarkStar uses this term and he even appologized when one Indian was offended and said he did not knew that it was somewhat considered INsulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom