What's new

The Woes of Indian Muslims

literacy means just the ability to read and write (which will not be enough for a job )when it goes to higher education levels Muslims are worse in percentage..

What statistics do you have to support this claim of yours?

Nope all are eligible for job. Its you said that 25 showed up. And jobs are not based on literacy rates.

I have provided the statistics that majority of Muslims are more interested in setting up businesses than Hindus in India.
Maybe answer lies in there.

Ok, so where are these statistics? I'm genuinely interested.

Why would you feel that only 2 out of the 25 Muslims are eligible though, especially when the literacy % levels of Muslims & Hindus in West Bengal are not too different, & Hindus have a far higher eligibility?

There is a difference b/n literacy and eligibility. If you can read and write you are literate, but to get a job as a Lower Division Clerk in Govt you should atleat pass intermediate.

Other 23 muslims decided to pool money and open a new business. After 23 years they will become richer than other hindus. This also can be a possiblity.

Where is the discrimination??

There are a lot of possibilities. However, this mis/under-representation is not just seen in this one field of state level jobs, but on various other ones as well, if you see through the Sachar Report. I found a pdf version of the Sachar Report online before, & read through it intensively. There are surely a certain number of times things can remain a coincidence, right?

literacy means just the ability to read and write (which will not be enough for a job )when it goes to higher education levels Muslims are worse in percentage..

I understand, but I couldn't find any statistics for religious groups in India enrolled in higher education.

Its in the sachar report post i have posted. For details , i guess u already have the copy.

And further statistics on employees of private sector is not available. Cause its not usually recorded.
For example a hotel owned by a Muslim in a city , no records are kept on employee details.

Everything can't be based on Statistics. This is real life Fact. I witnessed such thing in my early days. Muslims prefers Business rather than Job. Check Indians in Western Countries including U.S., U.K. Canada, 95% Indians are Hindus/Sikhs/Jains and Only 5% Muslims. It's western companies decision.

Check UPSC Government Exam Results, Less than 5% are Muslims. Anyone can give the exam, Anyone can Pass without even 0.1% of partiality. Still 5% only.

Better example : WIPRO Company. Owner is a Muslim. (He is the Richest Muslim in the World) - Only 5% employers are Muslims in that company.

I never said quota=discrimination. I said quotas are used to counter discrimination. The presence of the quota system shows there is discrimination inside the system.

The discrimination you are talking about is very different than what you are picturing. The reservations were introduced way back in 1950's when it was realised that the SC St and OBC have far lower Social development indices. They were poor and had little to no education. In such a scenario the reservations were put in place so that the ones with fewer resources could compete.
The discrimination is not because people dont want to give jobs to particular communities. The discrimination is because the communities in question have fewer resources to compete in a free market scenario.

This only goes to show that the Muslim population has increased over the years. But Muslims still have the least amount of literacy out of these groups, as well as the lowest work participation levels in the entire country.

This only goes to show that the Muslim population has increased over the years

Contrary to popular belief ( Genocide of muslims) in this region. Their population has increased.

For comparative purpose can we have a similar data from other countries in the region.

if pakistani's or other muslim countries care so much for muslims here in india please take them to your country
we are more than happy to send them
just don't whine about everyday and post same crap again and again

Most of us do not agree to the above...our Muslim brothers are Indians & we would rather have them with us. Thank you & how we put our house in order is our business & nobody need worry about us.

if pakistani's or other muslim countries care so much for muslims here in india please take them to your country
we are more than happy to send them
just don't whine about everyday and post same crap again and again

Unacceptable. I am not ready to send any Indian. And it would do you well to realize the same.

Unacceptable. I am not ready to send any Indian. And it would do you well to realize the same.

There are missionaries(and their Political parties-some of them got already banned) who have radical ideologies which is brought from countries like Saudia working in Indian Sunni Muslims. This has to be prevented. Religious appeasement and ghetto-ism will not help the growth of secularism in India. I'm not taking about south Indian muslims.

I thing is if some don't to do study whatever you reason, so you can't do it. So it useless to talking on the quota system and other preferences. Take a great example of Abdul kalam and read his biography and also read how he completed his studies and what type difficulties he faced after that write some thing relevant and stop criticizing baseless thing.

Back
Top Bottom