What's new

The Woes of Indian Muslims

The govt of India is Right. It has given all citizens equal rights for education and employment. Its upto the candidate to choose.

Also more educational institutions allowed by the community boards to open. Even public sector businesses have quotas. For example when government issues petrol station licences in areas, some are kept aside for Muslims, ex-service military men, SC/ST, disabled etc.

That means they are eligible for all and exclusive for some.

My reply was based on the scenario of equal number of eligible candidates going to an interview and you stating that they dont get the jobs.

And I'm painting a picture where 71 eligible Hindu & 25 Muslim candidates apply for jobs. And then, only 2 Muslims get selected (Muslims represent 2.2% of the state level jobs). Instead of painting hypothetical pictures, I suggest we let the real statistics do the talking. If Muslims were getting positive discrimination (favoritism) for being Muslims, then why do out of 25 eligible Muslim candidates, only 2 get jobs? There is clearly something wrong in this scenario here.

I give you a classic and real life example. I was born in Patna. I studied in a Private School (one of the best in Patna in those days). I am talking about those Muslims who goes to private school (30%). Then one can imagine scenario of those who goes to government schools and madarsas.

When I was in Standard 10th - There were around 40-42 Students in my class, 32-34 Hindus, 6 Muslims, 1-3 Christian/Jain/Sikhs. (What I remember) [50% Students were from my nearby residential areas, All Muslims were from my residential areas. In My Area 40% Population are of Muslims]

When I was in University Ratio Changed- 34-36 Hindus, 3-5 Muslims, 2-3 Christian/Jain/Sikhs.

Now, Since I have completed my Higher Education and working. When I go to my native place - I see Out of those 6 Muslims students of my school (who are still my friend) - 5 are engaged in some business. (Mostly small business). 1 in Europe as a very qualified doctor. Rest of the students of my School - 80% are working somewhere. Few are holding some good Posts. 90% Doing very well. Muslims students not doing well as par with other religion.

Now ask those 6 Muslims about Political View ? 1 who is working in Europe says Western Countries are good, Terrorism is worst and India is the BEST. He Even says I feel ashamed for some Muslim action and I am Indian 1st and Muslim is just personal choice. Ask remaining 5. They will say " Western Countries are Worst not good for Muslims and Muslims should be united to fight american. We are Muslims and Indian both. All 6 are Indians and will be Indians but views different.

1 of My 5 Muslims Friends told me " You doing very well. I wish i also did in that way". When I ask then why you didn't ? He said " Family didn't suggested to go to study Out of City" Waste of Money. Better complete simple education in Bihar and If You get Job luckyly work or do small business. So, The Result.

Today My Muslims friends are decreasing as i climb toward upward direction in my life.

Who to Blame for this all final outcome ?? Muslims themselves due to lack of Liberal View. Not In India but everywhere in whole world.

And I'm painting a picture where 71 eligible Hindu & 25 Muslim candidates apply for jobs. And then, only 2 Muslims get selected (Muslims represent 2.2% of the state level jobs). Instead of painting hypothetical pictures, I suggest we let the real statistics do the talking. If Muslims were getting positive discrimination (favoritism) for being Muslims, then why do out of 25 eligible Muslim candidates, only 2 get jobs?

Then the best possible scenario is that only 2% showed up for the interview not 25. Simple.

Then the best possible scenario is that only 2% showed up for the interview not 25. Simple.

So now you're saying that all of those eligible Muslims that came for the state level jobs got jobs? Again, your assumption that only 2 out of the 25 showed for the interview is i.e. an assumption, not based on any real factual information.

So now you're saying that all of those eligible Muslims that came for the state level jobs got jobs? Again, your assumption that only 2 out of the 25 showed for the interview is i.e. an assumption, not based on any real factual information.

Yup. all "eligible" would have got the job. There is nothing else that suggest otherwise. Its common sense.

Yup. all "eligible" would have got the job. There is nothing else that suggest otherwise. Its common sense.

Why would you feel that only 2 out of the 25 Muslims are eligible though, especially when the literacy % levels of Muslims & Hindus in West Bengal are not too different, & Hindus have a far higher eligibility?

I give you best example : Most of the Muslims who live in U.S. hate U.S.. How can anyone hate U.S. when that country is giving everything in your life ?

I am from a state with a christian chief minister heading a minority community ministers as majority ( more ministers from christian and Muslim community than Hindus in a Hindu majority state) in a country ruled by a Sikh Prime minister.

Where the hell is discrimination? :lol:

Why would you feel that only 2 out of the 25 Muslims are eligible though, especially when the literacy % levels of Muslims & Hindus in West Bengal are not too different, & Hindus have a far higher eligibility?

Other 23 muslims decided to pool money and open a new business. After 23 years they will become richer than other hindus. This also can be a possiblity.

Where is the discrimination??

literacy means just the ability to read and write (which will not be enough for a job )when it goes to higher education levels Muslims are worse in percentage..

Muslims in Indian states have not integrated much in mainstream society, many politicians treat them as vote banks, GoI has many schemes to help muslims, there are organizations like Jamia which are doing their best to bring muslims to mainstream, but all this hasn't given best results.

Nope all are eligible for job. Its you said that 25 showed up. And jobs are not based on literacy rates.

I have provided the statistics that majority of Muslims are more interested in setting up businesses than Hindus in India.
Maybe answer lies in there.

And your stats are based on state figures which is negligible compared to private sector. The scenario maybe different.

For example the biggest builder, majjor IT owners, largest businesses , most number of collages, are all run by Muslims in my city. They dont show up in ur links.

Back
Top Bottom