What's new

The weridest part of China's protests is: Poeple ask government to stop its efforts. Instead make effort.

It is said(not sure real or false) China insists in zero covid policy because the government made a choice on manufacturing over service. Covid will cause lack of labors. Which is what is happening in US.

In the bigger picture, with populations of 1.4 billion plus, India and China even losing tens of millions of people to Covid will not dent the workforce. Brutal truth regardless of the individual suffering and sorrow. The speed at which the Indian economy bounced back from a vicious second wave is testament to that. I'm willing to bet there is not one Indian here who has not lost someone from his family.

In the bigger picture, with populations of 1.4 billion plus, India and China even losing tens of millions of people to Covid will not dent the workforce. Brutal truth regardless of the individual suffering and sorrow. The speed at which the Indian economy bounced back from a vicious second wave is testament to that. I'm willing to bet there is not one Indian here who has not lost someone from his family.
China and India is different. Most Chinese workers do not do tightening the screws work. Skilled workers are rare resources.

But repeatedly getting sick and and taking care of sick family members will lead to lack of labors.

True in the short to medium term. But in my family experience the sicknesses and absences get shorter. Look, you will get sick. There is no escaping that.

@beijingwalker @renhai @etylo @Dungeness @Beast and other Chinese brothers,

This is the difference of a government of the people and a government on the people.
Ccp can’t do this on/off lockdown forever I don’t think it’s sustainable. This virus is here to stay. It’s like global warming you can’t stop.
Maybe the chinese should follow Vietnam approach. We had waves of hard lockdown, but gave up. However unlike Vietnam, China has not approved any mRNA vaccines yet.
Looking from the sideline it’s good for us. More companies will move to Vietnam.

True in the short to medium term. But in my family experience the sicknesses and absences get shorter. Look, you will get sick. There is no escaping that.
How short? One month? Or half year? Manufacturing can not wait that long.

How short? One month? Or half year? Manufacturing can not wait that long.

Pulse lockdowns. To give the healthcare workers breathing room. That's all. 1-3 months. At a time. Then let the people get sick. And the virus mutate.

Pulse lockdowns. To give the healthcare workers breathing room. That's all. 1-3 months. At a time. Then let the people get sick. And the virus mutate.
Too risky. China is colder than India. Virus is more active in low temperature regions. China's export soared in recent two years. It is an indirect proof that manufacturing in other countries declined because of no zero covid policy.

Too risky. China is colder than India. Virus is more active in low temperature regions. China's export soared in recent two years. It is an indirect proof that manufacturing in other countries declined because of no zero covid policy.

The pandemic was been with us for 3 years. Your last two years exports soaring are probably due to the backorder pileup of the first year.

I still remember Foxconn news.

One news is condemning China over the protest that people reject the government's effort to keep them safe from Covid.

And then the other news is also condemning China because China is relaxing the Covid-19 protocol and the people are accusing China government is not doing it hard enough to keep them safe.

Everything that China government do is bad, whether it's trying to save the people or not.

There are always two stories about this event.

One who dislikes zero-Covid policy.

And the others who want the entire community safe.

But everything is China government's fault.

And CIA is picking it for their profit, getting rewards, and being honored.

And the idiots eat it whole and then cry when they get arrested.

Oh, the China government's sin increased by one.

They are China's original sins, they are commie and they are yellow.

The pandemic was been with us for 3 years. Your last two years exports soaring are probably due to the backorder pileup of the first year.
Definitely not the reason. Dealing with delayed orders can not last long. And the total amount of China's export soared.

Last edited:
How could that happen. Easy to explain. USA is of course the hand under the table. USA desperately needs an excuse to unrest China. Even it's "please have a rest" excuse. As long as it could instigate people's emotion, USA will grasp it.

Well since Xi has relaxed the Covid rules I guess you should thank the good 'ole USA for it since according to your thinking the Chinese people were not interested in any type of relaxing and US meddling was the main reason for the protests.

Another coup by the CIA?

Back
Top Bottom