What's new

The Walking Dead Will Cross Over with Fear the Walking Dead—But How?

Musafir117

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Courtesy of Gene Page/AMC.
Get ready, Walking Dead fans: two worlds are about to collide.

At New York Comic Con on Saturday night, fans of the zombie drama packed Madison Square Garden for a panel, during which Robert Kirkman revealed a very exciting prospect for the months to come: a crossover episode between Walking Dead and its prequel, Fear the Walking Dead.

As man who wrote the original Walking Dead comics explained, Fear the Walking Dead was designed to stand on its own. Now, though, “I think that we’ve finally gotten to a place with Fear the Walking Dead where it has its own identity where we can play with some things,” Kirkman said. “So what I’m going to say, and this is all I’m going to say, is that there are two Walking Dead shows. I’m not going to name them. But there are two. There’s one character that is going to go from one show that I will not name and appear in the other show, which I will not name.”

The crossover might be confirmed, but now there are even more questions to answer. Who, for instance, will be the character that ties the shows together? In early scripts for Season 1, Fear already included one original Walking Dead character in a key episode—so we’re guessing the possible connections have been brewing in writers’ heads since Day One.

Kirkman himself teased that there are multiple ways this crossover could unfurl: “Are we going to see an interesting backstory of the Walking Dead character showing up in Fear the Walking Dead?” he taunted Saturday night. “Or are we going to see a Fear the Walking Dead character show up in The Walking Dead, and see a future version of a character? What could happen? Is it going to be something completely different than that?”

It’s true that this crossover could go either way, but we can’t help but imagine that Madison will be the link between the two shows. Back at the beginning of Fear, she casually mentioned that she moved to California from Alabama. Perhaps she’s related to Rick Grimes, or maybe she just crossed paths with him.

As for how the two timelines might converge, it seems most likely that we’re headed toward a flashback. At this stage in the game for both shows, it’s hard to imagine anybody crossing the country without getting killed. Then again, in that old-man-Rick universe the Walking Dead Season 8 trailer teased, anything might be possible.

Panel moderator Chris Hardwick—who else?— came prepared with another suggestion: “I just want the phone to ring and be like, ‘Daryl, it’s your cousin, Madison Clark!’“

Whatever path the writers have chosen, Kirkman emphasized that this is a big deal in the world of Walking Dead. “We’re very excited about this,” he said, “and there’s going to be some more news on this front in the coming months, so please stay tuned to what they call the Internet.”

IMG_1254.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

Any walking dead fan? Guess who is he or she in crossover episode?

Season 1 of Fear was good. Season 2 on the yacht was good too. The rest of the seasons and all of the walking dead is pure garbage.

Also, if everyone is already infected (if you die you become a zombie regardless), why does getting bit by a zombie turn you? The show has serious plot holes.

Season 1 of Fear was good. Season 2 on the yacht was good too. The rest of the seasons and all of the walking dead is pure garbage.

Also, if everyone is already infected (if you die you become a zombie regardless), why does getting bit by a zombie turn you? The show has serious plot holes.
It's not only about zombies there are lot of lessons to learn, I hated zombies movies were never my type but Walking Dead is different.
Survival+Leadership+Family+Relationships+
Love and Hope etc etc.

I feel Alycia... as she is now separated from her all family. It seems that she will head off to US... Anyway the last four episodes were totally garbage.
Agreed on last 4 episodes on Fear the walking dead, seems team in hurry to reach on cross over thingy but I don't think It Alycia.

this seires is downright retarded. i had to keep put some stickers around my eyes to not fall asleep while watching this shit. so much potential wasted

yo there's a zombie outside our home but lemme put on my makeup wash my face and wear some fabulous clothes too. how tf do they look so fabulous and have time to give a shit about relationship problems in the middle of a ****ing zombie apocalypse?

Adults 18-49

Rank Show Network # of episodes 18-49 rating 18-49 viewers (millions)
1 The Walking Dead AMC 16 8.8 11.27
2 The Big Bang Theory* CBS 24 5.5 6.99
3 Empire FOX 17 5.3 6.79
Game of Thrones HBO 10 5.3 6.73
5 The X-Files FOX 6 4.8 6.09
6 This Is Us NBC 10 4.6 5.86
7 Modern Family ABC 22 4.2 5.33
8 Grey’s Anatomy ABC 24 3.7 4.68
9 American Horror Story: Roanoke FX 10 3.4 4.37
Designated Survivor ABC

Back
Top Bottom