What's new

The unreasonable criticism on Pakistan's defense budget

We cant survive without them. army is deployed across the country from siachin to gwadar. even army is deployed for fighting locusts, floods, earthquakes, making quarantene centre at taftan and in many other cities, removing debris of air crash or a collapsed building.
Why our military leadership always always try to punch above it's weight and now stuck on all borders from India to Afghanistan and Iran
No long term planning and here we are stuck on every border and icing on the cake is no accountability at all in every field across Pakistan

Health is on what app now. Whole nation is eating senna makki
:undecided:

Thank you for correection;

Education - 83 billion
Health - 25 billion

Army - 1100+ billion without pensions.

That fixes everything. Our education has been saved. /s

Where's the balance? Is education and health less important than the Army?
This is for Federal dude, health and education are provincial matters after 18th amendment.

Ever since the budget has been announced in the parliament and some news channels have compared the figures of defense spending with that of education budget in a twisted fashion, a good portion of Pakistan's netizens have started to criticize the defence budget. I am writing few lines in order to bring up some valid arguments which I hope will help in rectification of certain misunderstandings.

The size of Defence Budget primarily depends upon two factors,

1: The acuteness of threat environment
2: The economic capacity of state

Pakistan being one of major hot spots of power struggle has to deal with multitude of threats. These threats primarily exists due to arch rivalry with India which has hegemonic intentions and seeks to suppress all its neighbors. Despite of suffering economic decline, India is still expanding its defence budget (currently $65.86 Billion) and is currently among top weapons purchaser in the World.

The security requirements of Pakistan dictates a minimum budget requirement of approximately $20 Billion. However due to poor economic support, Pakistan is restricted to spend below $8 Billion on its defense and has to comprehensively revise its defence planning process to accommodate the security requirements with in figures much lower than requisite benchmark. By keeping economic conditions into account, armed forces voluntarily requested not to increase the defense budget in year 2019-20.

The Military's requirement for Defence Budget in year 2020-21 was $9.08 Billion. However, again, after mutual understanding with GoP, the budget was reduced to mere $7.83 Billion.

The increment in Defence Budget is mere $260 Million instead of initially planned $1250 Million. The reduction will cost several important projects, many of which will either face delays while rest may suffer cancellation. And when ever a project is cancelled, it creates a void in capability which might be exploited by enemy in peace and war alike and can cause damage beyond comprehension.

The criticism on defence budget should be steered towards the debt payments which are consuming roughly 45% of National budget and have ruined the national economic growth. How Pakistan ended up in such debts? It's a matter of separate debate.

For sustainment of regional balance of power, maintaining minimum military capacity (which we are barely doing) is crucial. A major decline in defensive capabilities will collapse the deterrence and will lead to Indo Pak conflict. Henceforth, defence spending, either any idealistic person agrees or not, is crucial for thwarting wars and keeping the state intact so that other institutes can work within a well defined system within frame of National law & order.

Shown below is rough comparison of Indo-Pak net defence budgets in past three years.

Via #Tipu7

View attachment 641449
You are lying to your own countrymen. It's a hit job for your Army.

There are three outright lies in your post:

1. You use incorrect figures for India and Pakistan. You've added pensions to Indian budget and removed them from Pakistani budgets.
  2. You have not added the money that Pakistan Army earns from its commercial ventures.
  3. You have said that the Indian defence budget is increasing while there is an economic decline in India. India's defence budget has been consistently reducing when weighed against its economic performance and is now 1.5% of GDP (without pensions). Lowest it has been in many decades.

Military budget is important in our circumstances. Its about 2.8℅ of GDP. Even NATO recommend 2℅ of GDP as defence budget. Its just little high but given our small GDP and huge enemy, this is a good expenditure for the quality of armed forces we have. We can bring it down to around 2℅ if our economy grows.

View attachment 641456

Military Pensions alone is more than the entire expenditure of all 4 provinces combined. Let that sink in for a moment. Just the pension !. What kind of a nation are we? Why do we continue to put up with this crap when there are millions of people inside Pakistan dying of hunger , diseases and unemployment. At this point I can only think of North Korea which is similar in this regard.
Well that's the running of civil government and their expenses not the expanse of the whole. Money spend by provinces.
Well you pakustan say today that we don't wnat kashmir, go to india, lick their feet and you don't need an army.

View attachment 641456

Military Pensions alone is more than the entire expenditure of all 4 provinces combined. Let that sink in for a moment. Just the pension !. What kind of a nation are we? Why do we continue to put up with this crap when there are millions of people inside Pakistan dying of hunger , diseases and unemployment. At this point I can only think of North Korea which is similar in this regard.

Thats the sad deliema of Pakistan...pinched the hardest nerve since last 70 years....Military can provide security only cannot provide jobs to 220m, it cannot be a manufacturing hub. Progress and Economic growth is done by Government Officers, when Military takes the chunk of money, 100 civilian companies run by Army, and then take the largest chunk of Budget too.....sorry but truth is Pakistan soon will head to default and its not too long. Alot of problems are clearly existing in the power structure of Pakistan.

Fact is fact Military takes the largest budget without much output and economic benefit to Pakistan because in the whole world Generals know jackass of Economy and Financial Planning...Period.
its wrong why you people don't read Budget document before commenting on it .....
just go and see which head in expenditure have the biggest share .... go and check it ... its NOT DEFENCE .....

LoL, you donot know me kid. Indians hate me for what I do to them.

Fact is fact Military takes the largest budget without much output and economic benefit to Pakistan because in the whole world Generals know jackass of Economy and Financial Planning and in Pakistan give surmons of governance and economy...Period.

Your people ie indians have long been dreaming about weakening our Armed Forces, they can dream till judgement day, our Forces are only gonna get stronger.

You have no chance of occupying our homes and abusing our women and children, like you abuse your own so called citizens.

Thats the sad deliema of Pakistan...pinched the hardest nerve since last 70 years....Military can provide security only cannot provide jobs to 220m, it cannot be a manufacturing hub. Progress and Economic growth is done by Government Officers, when Military takes the chunk of money, 100 civilian companies run by Army, and then take the largest chunk of Budget too.....sorry but truth is Pakistan soon will head to default and its not too long. Alot of problems are clearly existing in the power structure of Pakistan.

You must be delusional or dumb to say that. 2.8℅ of GDP is not out of the way budget. In dollars our whole defence budget including pensions would be around 11 billion dollars or less. That seems very normal, infact a small amount for the quality of forces we have. India have tasted it recently.
You should worry about ur country, u r always in top 3 weapons importer, even afyer having such a huge population, the russians milk u like crazy. Now france and US have also jumped in. Your economy is going down, internal religious turmoil, 2 enemies have joined hands against u. If i was an indian (God forbid) id seriously be worried. So u have a lot on ur plate, dont worry abt us.

Your people ie indians have long been dreaming about weakening our Armed Forces, they can dream till judgement day, our Forces are only gonna get stronger.

You have no chance of occupying our homes and abusing our women and children, like you abuse your own so called citizens.

Yeah go get a life Rafi. Come and meet me now in Islamabad right now with ur lotta army men, if you have guts and not chicken out men.

@waz has already asked to stop personal insults.

You stop abuse of Pakistanis 220 m. Fact is go look out now on social media and on ground what Pakistanis call this Army favorable budget means...when Health is 1.3% increase and 11.27% military budget increase...and chest thumbing and labelling others later.

its wrong why you people don't read Budget document before commenting on it .....
just go and see which head in expenditure have the biggest share .... go and check it ... its NOT DEFENCE .....

Yes I was going through the budget document last night, its long...fck sake $40 billion loan taken from 2018 to 2021 and out of $40 billion, $27 billion Pakistan has to pay back in loan interest, rest $10 billion reserve and 3$ billion left to use in 4 years. Where have we got ourselves in. This is what our Military DONOT understand, 0 understanding of economics, taxes, manufacturing and use of 220m Human resources. Atleast if the Military waste is stopped, lavish expenditures, extra foreign trips of no use, and cut down by Army it will be a leading example for the country and a lot of money is saved.

You must be delusional or dumb to say that. 2.8℅ of GDP is not out of the way budget. In dollars our whole defence budget including pensions would be around 11 billion dollars or less. That seems very normal, infact a small amount for the quality of forces we have. India have tasted it recently.
You should worry about ur country, u r always in top 3 weapons importer, even afyer having such a huge population, the russians milk u like crazy. Now france and US have also jumped in. Your economy is going down, internal religious turmoil, 2 enemies have joined hands against u. If i was an indian (God forbid) id seriously be worried. So u have a lot on ur plate, dont worry abt us.

No you must be more dumb to understand 72 years of history.

What I know is each Pakistani including Overseas Pakistanis have a loan of almost 2 lakh on each shoulder. Who is going to payback this????? Defaulters....cannot hide can you?

The issue with these idiots like Rafi and T/T is they have a tunnel vision, Armed Forces will grow till judgement day as they stated, devoid of understanding what are we gonna do with a USSR type army without an economy and nothing to feed 220 million Pakistanis and exact plans to increase our GDP. When you ask them how Military machine is run and fed? Nil.

Yeah go get a life Rafi. Come and meet me now in Islamabad right now with ur lotta army men, if you have guts and not chicken out men.

Waz already asked to stop personal insults.

You stop abuse of Pakistanis 220 m. Fact is go look out now on social media and on ground what Pakistanis call this Army favorable budget means...when Health is 1.3% increase and 11.27% military budget increase...and chest thumbing and labelling others later.

Yes I was going through the budget document last night, its long...fck sake $40 billion loan taken from 2018 to 2021 and out of $40 billion, $27 billion Pakistan has to pay back in loan interest, rest $10 billion reserve and 3$ billion left to use in 4 years. Where have we got ourselves in. This is what our Military DONOT understand, 0 understanding of economics, taxes, manufacturing and uae of 220m Human resources. Atleast if the Military waste is stopped, lavish expenditures, extra foreign trips of no use, and cut down by Army it will be a leading example for the country and a lot of money is saved.

What I know is each Pakistani including Overseas Pakistanis have a loan of almost 2 lakh on each shoulder. Who is going to payback this????? Defaulters....cannot hide can you?

indoens pay alot of attention to social media, all of the world social media is for useless and lazy people.

But I reiterate you people will NEVER enter our homes and abuse our women and children, that's a fcking promise.

LoL and don't give me this fake shit about Islamabad, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and smells like a duck then.......that's right.

indoens pay alot of attention to social media, all of the world social media is for useless and lazy people.

But I reiterate you people will NEVER enter our homes and abuse our women and children, that's a fcking promise.

LoL and don't give me this fake shit about Islamabad, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and smells like a duck then.......that's right.

The issue with these idiots like you is they have a tunnel vision, Armed Forces will grow till judgement day as they stated, and you are an Indian, devoid of understanding what are we gonna do with a USSR type army without an economy and nothing to feed 220 million Pakistanis and exact plans to increase our GDP. When you ask them how Military machine is run and fed? Nil How are we going to pay back loan to IMF? blank....Tu aah jana phir, F10 Mcdonalds apney khabotar ley.

AC mein beta sao raha hai on 220 million awam's money, enjoying, or should i deliever a pizza in your Pindi Cantonment now for you to enjoy more.

The issue with these idiots like you is they have a tunnel vision, Armed Forces will grow till judgement day as they stated, and you are an Indian, devoid of understanding what are we gonna do with a USSR type army without an economy and nothing to feed 220 million Pakistanis and exact plans to increase our GDP. When you ask them how Military machine is run and fed? Nil ....Tu aah jana phir, F10 Mcdonalds apney khabotar ley...AC mein sao raha hai, or should i deliever a pizza in your Pindi Cantonment now.

LoL freedom comes at a cost, do you think Kashmiri people would trade all the money in the world, for what we have.

Our sisters and wives can hold their head high in a free country, and not live fear of a rss rape squad.

LoL freedom comes at a cost, do you think Kashmiri people would trade all the money in the world, for what we have.

Our sisters and wives can hold their head high in a free country, and not live fear of a rss rape squad.

Ya as usual now again diverting a topic....makes no sense dude. Better be at your job as an a Army agent, where you live, fed and enjoy on 220 milllion Pakistanis money, my money and our taxes.

Back
Top Bottom