What's new

The Un-Intended Eye Opener Of 27th Feb:---

I was going to bring in KLJ-7, good you mentioned it.

It comes down in some way to Doppler Radar Vs PESA radar

Surprisingly, it does, and it seems that the latter works better under some circumstances.

AESA will be another story.

The problem goes deeper as those digital signal processors cannot be replaced with Israeli or French counterparts. The Russian ones will again, fall flat.

The Chinese make fun of Su-35's radar, and Ibris was widely advertised. That speaks loads about Russian fighter radar technology.
From what I’ve read in some reputable China defense blogs, the general impression on Su35’s radar (which should reflect a little bit of official thinking) is that the performance is still highly respectable for a PESA but its electronics are slightly behind the curve, reflecting the state of Russian electronics industry and there is no surprise. Some people may make fun of its radar but can be safely ignored. The general thinking is that it is a very decent radar but unfortunately not going to be competitive against AESA on J10c/J16 by design.

Last edited:
No one serious has made fun of snow leopard radar on su-35. It is said to be slightly inferior to AESA but has huge power and can focus its energy towards long ranges but it doesn't provide much cover when used in those modes. Said the realistic world useful range is less than advertised but it is a fantastic design PESA radar. The downside is the hardware of electronics that was mentioned. Also as base of technology, AESA is in too many ways better than PESA technology. So it is said the J-16 and J-10C radars are more useful than super powerful PESA like snow leopard.

Both N011M and APG68 and older KLJ on JF-17 are old pulse doppler types but the American one on F-16 is better than the others. N011M is also powerful but useful modes are maybe more limited than the radar from USA. KLJ AESA radars will offer supreme advantage but becomes very expensive.

Russia knows what happened with Su 30.
The proud moment for me was 2 Jft’s and 1 F16 having locks on 5 Su30’s and those su 30’s were fleeing away .
Tipsy so our guys would be awarded medals because someone told me a Mig-29 pilot was given award for locking on a F-16 in 1999.

Once we establish our military dominance over the indian mindset, it won't cost thousands and thousands of lives, they'll drop their weapons and run just like their air farts.
I would disagree. You are grossly underestimating your foe and that is a fatal flaw. You cannot have a war in the subcontinent without it turning Nuclear. The reason is no one is going to Wait the launch of the missile landing on the city before checking whether it was Nuke or not. The first missile will get a Nuke response and from then on it may turn into a Tit for tat. Even if you launch 30-40 Nuke missiles at the first instance it may stop India but not enough for it to not respond.
A

Spot on. You are right, it was reported that there were two more intrusions further south and the Indians found a window in Muzzafarabad sector and used it to attack Pakistan. I agree, Pakistan should have strike them hard on the day, not only in Muzzafarabad where they intruded, but on the other two spots further south, where they were engaged by PAF.
Opportunities missed, because the PAF was not sure about their instructions/commands.
The commands after PM's speech in the NA should have been very clear, strike at the enemy if you are attacked.
Imran Khan clearly said that we have no other option but to respond to the Indian aggression.

Why they didn't!!!
I seldom refer to parts of a post in isolation. I want to point pout that you are contradicting yourself.It is a case of "strike at the enemy if you are attacked". This was precisely carried out. You have also posted earlier that the fact that IAF intruded into Pak Air space was an act of war. So was Siachen and Kargil not included in that definition. did we upscale to full scale war on any of those occasions?
To me you sound very angry and confused. You have obviously got no experience of international norms of engagement, no sense of our own precarious financial situation and the cost of upscaled war in the subcontinent and how it will irreparably damage our economy.You are obviously also not going to listen to any counter narrative. So let us agree to disagree and move on.
Regards
A

Let me put up my reply, for you my dear sir.

An emphatic 'single seater' was rebutted. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who said it was sent? Did I?

The member was emphatic that JFT is single seater, I merely increased his knowledge by telling him that the trainer versions also exist!

Nothing more. Please do read my statement very carefully, concerning JF-17B. Let me know where has it been difficult for the members to understand what was said in the post specific to JF-17B

And yes, ATAGS (test 155/52 mm cal artillery gun) is not at all at LC. Just saying ......
Who are you bull shitting!! I have read all your posts and other than playing with words and distorting people's statements to serve your nefarious purposes, you have achieved nothing.Your mind is closed so you will not see any logic.It is best that you leave this thread and keep your crap logic to yourself.
Mods need to watch this mischief monger very carefully.He is just wasting bandwidth.
A

We did not give chase that night since for all we knew there might have been a dozen MKI’s waiting below RADAR coverage for an ambush.

I mean, the next day there was Thunders waiting for Abhinandran.

Why are people still harping about it.
A very wise decision to not walk into a trap unknowingly. A planned visit is much better than an unplanned interdiction into enemy terrain.
A

Lets assume PAF had shot them on 26th, the aircraft would have fallen in indian territory. India would have claimed they never intruded. It is pak that shot them and Pak would have labelled as aggressors, and as we speak both countries would have been at war. The propaganda / strategic / tactical victory pak is celebrating won't be there in the first place, and India would have been all over you!
It might still not have been War, but worse than that is destroying our international narrative, which would have taken a huge dent.The whole narrative on IOK would have been turned on its head by saying this is a Paklands conspiacy and The poor Indians are merely defending themselves from Paklands incursions.
A

So it means in some way Indians are right in saying that they urgently need Rafale's
Not exactly. They do need asset replacements urgently and the Rafale was in danger of being delayed due to corruption allegations. Give it to Indians to spin a technical humiliation from the PAF into a positive push for getting more Rafale’s.

This does not mean the MKIs, UPGs, M2Ks and even Bisons arent potent assets.
Just means that we outplayed them and now they were instructed to toe the line by the political weaseling of BJP to get their modernization expedited.

Some times I wonder if this whole thing was a drama specifically designed to help Modi slither out of the corruption allegations by sacrificing a couple of Mig-21's which probably would have crashed anyways, probably that is why no SU30's, Mig29's or Mirages engaged in dog fight. Poor Abhinandan was sacrificed for a political gain.

Not exactly. They do need asset replacements urgently and the Rafale was in danger of being delayed due to corruption allegations. Give it to Indians to spin a technical humiliation from the PAF into a positive push for getting more Rafale’s.

Just means that we outplayed them and now they were instructed to toe the line by the political weaseling of BJP to get their modernization expedited.

Some times I wonder if this whole thing was a drama specifically designed to help Modi slither out of the corruption allegations by sacrificing a couple of Mig-21's which probably would have crashed anyways, probably that is why no SU30's, Mig29's or Mirages engaged in dog fight. Poor Abhinandan was sacrificed for a political gain.
It definitely was an election drama also designed to take away attention from the Rafale scandal

From what I’ve read in some reputable China defense blogs, the general impression on Su35’s radar (which should reflect a little bit of official thinking) is that the performance is still highly respectable for a PESA but its electronics are slightly behind the curve, reflecting the state of Russian electronics industry and there is no surprise. Some people may make fun of its radar but can be safely ignored. The general thinking is that it is a very decent radar but unfortunately not going to be competitive against AESA on J10c/J16 by design.
Do u know how many , SU 35 PLAF has ?

All of the weaponry india has is all good , except mig 21$ but the problem is thier politicians and thier top army brass makes money on these weapons , which mostly been rattled by not much technical look after of them which in the end would be cashed out by upgradings and spareparts ????
Thts the biggest problem

You also have to remember that Ahinandan is a respectable South Indian chap. His value among India's northern Brahim elites is far less and he can easily be made a scapegoat. Which is why he has been hidden away until the elections are over. His real story might come out in 30 years.

He is more than likely a competent pilot but given a difficult task and the PAF bested him through superior planning and tactics.

Opportunities missed, because the PAF was not sure about their instructions/commands.
The commands after PM's speech in the NA should have been very clear, strike at the enemy if you are attacked.
Imran Khan clearly said that we have no other option but to respond to the Indian aggression.
Why they didn't!!![
/QUOTE

Hi,

That is what my comments and analysis was based upon---. IK had given a clear directive to strike---and again the Paf general command played docile.

No one has questioned---after that statement---why was no plan prepared to take out the indian air force the moment it committed an act of war---ie that is---cross the boundary line---why was he awoken and told---and why was he not told---that the enemy was coming in and we destroyed the enemy---.

See---this ensures me one more time---that the Pak air force was again going to play the missile lock picture game---.

The Paf generals tried to use every trick in the book not to strike---. This is being proven over and over---again and again as the picture becomes visible and clearer---.

Early stage dementia

Still licking dust from my feet---.

@Tps43 Check this gem. :rofl:

That post was directed towards @araz --- and no one else---.

Last edited:
Hi,

That is what my comments and analysis was based upon---. IK had given a clear directive to strike---and again the Paf general command played docile.

No one has questioned---after that statement---why was no plan prepared to take out the indian air force the moment it committed an act of war---ie that is---cross the boundary line---why was he awoken and told---and why was he not told---that the enemy was coming in and we destroyed the enemy---.

See---this ensures me one more time---that the Pak air force was again going to play the missile lock picture game---.

The Paf generals tried to use every trick in the book not to strike---. This is being proven over and over---again and again as the picture becomes visible and clearer---.

F U

You got a big mouth my boy---. Yet you have written nothing except for stolen material over the years---.

That post was directed towards @araz --- and no one else---.
Hell yeah, lets fire up all the nukes and throw them on India, maybe we can send one to old Cali as well to end ur insufferable rants.

U sir are a warmonger of the most dangerous kind, that is plainly speaking the stupid kind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom