What's new

The third option for attack helicopter

Pakistan can also try diverting the CSF and FMF to C-130s and other HADR-relevant equipment (in case the US outright refuses to release the AH-1Zs). Not as if Pakistan's short of equipment needs in other areas.
sir what is your option,we have vast experience of Cobra.
i want to say that
yaar agr hum 1.5 billions $ k jo T-129 purchase kar rahe hain. agr usi amount usa ko de kar Ah-1z kyun na buy kar lain. is tarah usa convince ho jahe ga 12 Ah-1z k lehe through CSF

i want to say that
yaar agr hum 1.5 billions $ k jo T-129 purchase kar rahe hain. agr usi amount usa ko de kar Ah-1z kyun na buy kar lain. is tarah usa convince ho jahe ga 12 Ah-1z k lehe through CSF
T-129 are paid through loans from Turkish banks.

US has not granted any sales from turkey pak and others and looks like not going to happen by summer

Phillipeans, Azarbahijan, pak and one other Middle Eastern country want t-129 and none looks like Will get the engine simply to kill any competition

if Israeli Lavi could not survive with congressional support then Turkish heli has no chance

Let’s see if paa extends the waiver due to virus situation or move towards Chinese

Turkish engine options with testing will require years And not sure paa will wait min 3 /5 years
As for ATAK engines, it’s not only a Pak problem, but also a Turkish problem. Hence, no stones are kept unturned to have indigenous engines. Having indigenous engines of all sorts - tank/armored, UAVs, choppers, jets, ships, subs, cruise missiles, rockets etc. - is her top most priority now...

According to the European analysts, as shown in the video below (9:03 onward, 1st video), KALE group, a Turkish company producing engine parts for F-35s, has succeeded in producing the most critical heat resistant engine materials to operate at 2,000C use conditions. A state-of-the-art engine stress test environment to accommodate high temperature and emulate real-life flight conditions has been specifically established to further R&D activities. KALE is working with Rolls-Royce for the indigenous jet engine. Now, these technologies have been transferred to TAI/TUSAS-TEI etc. for producing turbo-prop and turbo-shaft engines. Turbo-props are already under serial production, and are integrated into UAVs like ANKA, AKSUNGUR etc. ANKAs for Tunisia will have indigenous engines. As for turbo-shaft engines (Prototype of TS1400 core is ready, see the slides below) for GOKBEY and ATAK choppers, the projected time-line for serial production is 2021-22...

KALE has already produced KTJ3200 for SOM cruise missiles...

TEI has produced the single-crystal blade for turbojets. And, it has perfected Ni/Ti deposition and casting techniques. At least the half of all the commercial and military aircrafts, currently flying in the world, has some of the rotating parts from TEI in their engines ...

upload_2020-4-11_23-19-53-png.622933

upload_2020-4-11_23-34-49-png.622936

i want to say that
$1.5 billion ke kitne AH1Zs ayenge?

Firstly can you please avoid roman Urdu on an english forum. I can read and understand but there are others who cannot. So it is considered rude to write a language others can not understand on an international forum.
As to your question, US apprived 15 AH1Zs and support equipment for 900 million. These included 1000 hellfire missiles. You would possibly be looking at 6 to 7 more for 1.5Billion based on the price quoted. However because of rhe set up cost per unit cost goes down as numbers increase so maybe a few more hare or there.
A

Last edited:
Firstly can you please avoid roman Urdu on an english forum. I xqnxread and understand but there are others who cannot. So it is considered rude to write a language others can not understand on an international forum.
As to your question, US apprived 15 AH1Zs and support equipment for 900 million. These included 1000 hellfire missiles. You would possibly be looking at 6 to 7 more for 1.5Billion based on the price quoted. However because of rhe set up cost per unit cost goes down as numbers increase so maybe a few more hare or there.
A
the next 12 would cost 400 mil

I thought HQ was on Peshawar Rd next to Wing'Bakery and Poly clinic??
They should have done this in the first place. CATIC is willing to improve the engine on the Z-10 to the Pakistan based hot-high conditions in order to meet PAA demand. Lets do the deal and move on. And Najeeb is General Officer Commanding (GOC) Pakistan Army Aviation that has its HQ in Westridge, Rawalpindi. Najeeb is a fine & an honest officer

If T129 is not coming anywhere in recent future. Then I'd say Mi28NE would be great to counter Indian Apache, Ka52 would be icing on cake.

Heavier ATAK 2 will still come. Even if it takes a bit longer. We have already invested in Turkish subsystems all over. PAC will also likely cooperate further on subsystems with TAI.

i want to say that
$1.5billion for 40 Ataks vs 12 AH1Zs.
You tell me what PAA might've preferred.

Last edited:
If we see current phillipines offer 6 zulu cost were 500 $ million including training and amo so 1.5 $ billion will be 18 to 20

sir have you got any info about the upcoming Leonardo AW 249 Attack helicopter what stage is it on or it can be another option for us .i came across the some information on the website but not much regarding what stage of development its on .
thank you
https://www.leonardocompany.com/en/products/aw2-1?f=/air/helicopters/military
Its was supposed to in production in 2024 to 25

Back
Top Bottom