What's new

'The System'-by WAJsal

Sir i agree i hate molana fazlu rehman and jamat.e.islami ad all such pathetic brokers of islam ... But who said that molvis are owner of islam ?

Sir these molvis are one of the main reasons behind bad face of islam ... Look at history of islam ... When did we had that molvis ? We never had that ... In a true islamic state head of the state have to lead the prayers ... In our history the most honest respectable and pious ma had to lead the prayers of the rea ... We have to go back that culture ... Sir honestly speaking from where does the ideology of modern democracy gets initiated ? It was muslims ... The basic ideology of democracy is gov for the people by the people .. Same was implemented by our Khulfa.e.Rashideen ...

Due to these molvis we have lost on the faith best law ... But just tel me the principles of equality in society justice ... Can you have any better example then those displayed by khulfa.e.rashideen ?

Anyways thats off topic so we can debate some other day ...

But my point is there is no point of keeping Pakistan a secular as we are not a nation otherwise ...
Oh we've always had them. You have one of the most revered Shabas in Sunni Islam, Ameer Muawia that is, with Mullahs on his payroll churning out false Hadiths by the hour for his political gains. Making compulsory the cursing of Hazrat Ali R.A in every Khutbah and what not. And he was not the only one. Where do you think all those Za'eef Ahadith came from? All propaganda literature funded by Banu Umaaiyah and their cronies. That is what's wrong with an Islamic State. It will ALWAYS conjure up all sorts of irrefutable divine decrees to subdue the public. Opting for such a thing would be going from order to chaos, not the other way around. Study your history, Sir. Study the books of great Sunni Imams Like Ibn Hajar and Al Nasai. Do you know how Imam Nasai died? @Oscar Anything you'd like to add, Moulana sahib?

Last edited:
@The Accountant

You may think that what I tell you is a pile of heresy from an anonymous la-deen on the internet but I assure you that every single word of what I say is recorded in well-reputed, nay, revered books of Sunni Islam. I myself come from a Salafi background. Have you heard the Hadith in which Prophet PBUH said that the difference between the Israelites and the Muslims would be no more than that between the length of the index and the middle fingers? Our Mullahs do exactly what the Quran accused the Jewish clergy of. The distortion and concealment of truth for little compensation (Thamanan Qaleela).

Don't take my word for it. You just have to go and verify these facts.

The people have to bring a change, change basic things, fix basic things. Start from disposing off trash properly. Literacy has to do a lot with the process. An intellect once mentioned on PDF was that the ruling elite do not want to educate the masses, figure?
agreed. but i am in more favor of the argument that" Accountability, transparency and good governance flow from the top". no matter we see things differently but the main thing to ponder over is that Pak has changed a lot in respect of Govt dealings, its attitude, its behavior, its compulsions, its responses all have changed since the electronic media came into existence but the way civil society and public awareness came is commendable ,however, public behavior, its honesty, its mindset have not commensurated with the changes that have taken place in govt and media sphere. so,IMO,, public has beliefs ingrainded which only trickles down from the dictatorship and unlawfulness which can only be checked by the top level. i think individuality can gain Public attention but to put the majority in order you need to put the top order in right order first. these are my observations you can disagree with them.

Sir i am talking about khulfa.e.rashideen ... Hazrat ameer muawiza was not one of them

Sir can you please refer me to some sunni quran rather than sunni or shia history books ???

Sir can you tell me are standard of equality justice are different in shia and sunni ? Can you tell me truth and lie has different definitions in shia and sunni ? Is there different treatment of theft and looting ? Can you tell me interest is halal in one faith and haram in another ?

Ir there might be difference in belief systems but none of this belief system is required to run a country ...

Sorry sir but here you are behaving like a typical mullah who believe on divide on conquer ... Sir tell me is there 100% agrement in constitution making process of a secular state ?

If we can live with that cant we agree on to follow the quran and accept the differnces if individual faith .. But agree on basic criterias only ... If we can spend trillions and decades in making secular constituions which is still a failure why cant we put some efforts for bring harmony between faiths within umbrella of quran ... Belief me sir it will be much easier than to unite others under secilar constitutions ...

@The Accountant

You may think that what I tell you is a pile of heresy from an anonymous la-deen on the internet but I assure you that every single word of what I say is recorded in well-reputed, nay, revered books of Sunni Islam. I myself come from a Salafi background. Have you heard the Hadith in which Prophet PBUH said that the difference between the Israelites and the Muslims would be no more than that between the length of the index and the middle fingers? Our Mullahs do exactly what the Quran accused the Jewish clergy of. The distortion and concealment of truth for little compensation (Thamanan Qaleela).

Don't take my word for it. You just have to go and verify these facts.

Bro why to focus so much on negative history ... Haven't you got example of hazrat Abdul Aziz RA who ended Shia sunni differences in a short span of just 2 and a half year and his tenure was examplary ...

Sir rather rhan complaining about past mistakes of our elders which were witnessed by one .. Memorized by second and documented by third and making our decisions based on those why not we come togather and make a pact that we will be the first one who will make the difference ... Dont you have examples of moulana Tariq Jameel at present ... And Dr. Israr Ahmed in recent past whose teachings are on basics of islam ...

Cant we implement Moulana Tariq Jamil's version of islam in our national life and in individual life we can practice our faith ... Belief me it is much easier ... We are spending trillions on these stupid politicians beaurcreats and some generals but cant we put some efforts to bring in islam ...

And if you are saying you are not la.deen then a straight forward question from a muslim to muslim ... As per quran it is for whole humanity and till end of humanity .. So if we cant implement islam in our governments then either quran is a lie (nauzubillah) hazrat Mohammad SAW was liar (Nnauzbillah ... I am just saying it for eargument sake) or alternatively we are liar saying that we believe in quran and when its time to implement quranic orders we say thats stupid cant be done ... So the question is we have to answere to ourselves not to me or anyone else ... who is liar here ???

How many such examples can you quote?
I have clearly mentioned that, 'any system requires the right people.' If dictators in some cases are capable they can surely deliver. You need capable people.
As far as speaking about the caliphs, arey bhai we are not living in such simpler times. Those great people were literally students of our prophet, their lives were a perfection. Those standards cannot be matched and it's best to to even put them on any scale. Simply take them as an example. Not many 'shareef' and 'naik' people these days...

You gave a blanket statement that dictatorship never worked.

Even in case of Pakistan, all indicators of progress were much better during the reigns of Ayub, Zia and Musharraf then what PML or PPP have achieved.

Regarding Caliphs, trust me, there were not living in simpler times as we might like to think. Their challenges were enormous. Technology, scientific progress or lack of it , depending which era you are talking about, brings its own set of challenges. No one is doubting their perfection. What I was pointing out that they being caliphs were the absolute authority, a one man show, what we now call , dictatorship.

We have been fed by western civilization that dictatorship is some sort of evil. And we being gullible as we are, deprived of any independent thinking, just take western propaganda on face value.

Oh we've always had them. You have one of the most revered Shabas in Sunni Islam, Ameer Muawia that is, with Mullahs on his payroll churning out false Hadiths by the hour for his political gains. Making compulsory the cursing of Hazrat Ali R.A in every Khutbah and what not. And he was not the only one. Where do you think all those Za'eef Ahadith came from? All propaganda literature funded by Banu Umaaiyah and their cronies. That is what's wrong with an Islamic State. It will ALWAYS conjure up all sorts of irrefutable divine decrees to subdue the public. Opting for such a thing would be going from order to chaos, not the other way around. Study your history, Sir. Study the books of great Sunni Imams Like Ibn Hajar and Al Nasai. Do you know how Imam Nasai died? @Oscar Anything you'd like to add, Moulana sahib?

Except Umar Bin Abdul Aziz. Not a single gem of his stature and leadership qualities were blessed to Islamic world in 1400 years after his death.

Except Umar Bin Abdul Aziz. Not a single gem of his stature and leadership qualities were blessed to Islamic world in 1400 years after his death.
Agreed ... Caliph Abdul Aziz was so generous that the bounty money his servant received for adding poison to his food he take it from him and donate it to treasury and said his servant you are free to go ... I forgive you ... I think we should be taught about these personalities ... Historyy never ever witnessed such personalities ever ... Mayy Allah give us hidaya ...

Sir nice aeguments however i think i was unable to clarify my arguments in detail .. First of all the core issue is we are looking at things on it surface and not studying the poltics and the thought process at the depth of ocean ... Specially the case with indian members as they are influenced by indian media who is presenting pakistani army take over as the core of all issues ...

@The Accountant First of all, that bold highlighted part, I reciprocate it, indeed, it is freshening to find such an exhaustive and well laid out post as yours. Yes, that was my feeling too, that you were not able to clarify your point of view earlier. Hence, my post, was formulated as more of a questionnaire rather than any own perspective being put out. Thanks for taking the time to write an exhaustive reply to my post.

Au contraire you can discount the possibility of my view being from the Indian media, majority of who are dimwits by far and an excuse for journalists. Sadly, this is true for either side of the border. So, I assure you, my views are not reflective of Indian media briefs. Just an own understanding of things and learning from good members as yourself.

My one question to you ... What difference do you find on broader policy level between Musharaf erra and subsequent civilian gov ? There are some surface level differences but deep inside they are same ... Both wanted to use all the government machinery to achieve personal goals ...

My answer in this case is to refer you back to my earlier post. The need to have concretised National Objectives. You have raised a valid question, albeit rhetorically, and answered it yourself. Your statement here, is self explanatory and could not be better answered by me.

Mushraf imposed emergency and remove judiciary ...

May I present this instance of yours as an instance of loyalty to Pakistan Army as an organisation and as it's leader (aligning own interest to organisation interest), and not be read as a singular act of self interest alone?

Would you not consider the fact that Pakistan Army is a highly professional organisation and has an excellent Officer Cadre that owes loyalties to it's organisation primarily (and exclusively I may wager), and this act of Musharraf, who was the Chief of the organisation, was to mitigate the potential effect of blaming the Pakistan Army as a whole for the Kargil Debacle by a civil government led by Nawaz Sharif, which would have weakened the position and image of the Pakistan Army in the public domain?

I would rather take this as an instance wherein Nawaz Sharif was deftly removed and left being blamed for Pakistan's "debacle" thereby allowing Army to insulate itself from any public criticism. What followed, is exactly what I am alluding to. Indeed, over this very forum you will find many a members blaming him for rushing to US for de-escalation. Would it have been possible without the Chief's concurrence? What do you think?

This instance has exactly served to highlight what I have said earlier. A systematised approach to weaken the democratic and civil structure necessary for democracy and civil rule, instead of a military dictatorship. You have inadvertently (?) highlighted the very same aspect.

Back in 90s nawaz sharifs ghundas attacked judiciary ... Whereas zardari was not willing to restore judiciary ... In destroying pakistan military and politicians are two faces of same coin ... However earlier track record is good in reference to general public as middle and lower middle class grows at faster pace in military era ...

This, am unclear as to what you intend to portray/express. Sorry.

Lets go back to history ... Back in 60s Pakisan was progressing leaps and bounds ... What we achieved in first 2 decades is not even close to we done in later 45 years ... Some of the remarkable achievements of that time are ..

1) setting up industrial base . areas allocated to Pakistan were mainly of agriculture base and there were no industrial base at all . in first two decades we setup a base for industrial growth which includes banking industry textile industry fmcg products small scale industry and many more.

2 we setup one of the largest dams of Pakistan hence we secured energy and water.

3 we strengthen our railway network specially in southern west Pakistan as Karachi was the major trade hub.

4 we were diplomatically far ahead of india ...

Exactly. You were doing better, for the reason you had the support of the West. You got away in relative terms by portraying yourself as a bulwark against the spread of Communism in this part of the world, and especially were ably assisted by India's non-aligned stance. It was a sound diplomatic posture. But, it also was an era wherein you had dictators, who personally consolidated their own hold over power and undercut the civil governance model to ensure a consolidated power base. You have ignored this aspect here.

Pakistan was known to be asian tiger . that was great achievement for a nation which had no administrative infrastructure and who lost her leadership at the very begining ...

Antithetical here. And Asian Tiger? That was first time used for tiger economies of SE Asia. So when was it an "Asian Tiger"? Not aware and very unsure about the veracity of this claim of yours.

You mentioned in your post that consistency of broader policies are necessary for progress of countries ... So thats where we made disaster ...

Glad we agree on this a bit.

With Bhutto taking over in70s took following actions

1: change in economic model from market economy to controlled economy ...

2: nationalization of all major industries.

3: moving more than 350 senior technical beaurecrates which were running the show to foreign diplomat roles and appointing new persons of his own choice in every dept to maintain his control

4 changes in rule of business. Before bhutto erra govt. Institutions were independent upto certain extent and minister did not had executive powers but they had policy making powers ... Bhutto took all executive powers from beaurcrates and gave the ultimate authorities to ministers ...

There are many more blunders ... But can you explain which country in the world do this within a span of a year .. Bhutto although civilian but was bigger dictator then generals ...

Can you elucidate on the circumstances and the time frame when these steps were undertaken?

Most interesting part is Pakistan did not keep on moving at controlled economy and subsequently shifts back to free economy slowly and gradually again mainly during civilian rule of Nawaz Sharif as his favourite mantra is privatisation ...

Am sure, you can collate that with the Soviet, Chinese and Capitalistic model.

Just let me give u my example ... I am member of one of the most reputed non.gov professional organization of Pakistan (not a trade association) ... We are considered as elite business intellectuals ... Before every budget we collect budget recommendations from all our members (most of our members are show runners in Pakistan's businesses and truly professionals) we submit those to government without any response from them ...

Who is at fault here? You are indeed exactly elaborating on points which I covered broadly ... the core National Objectives and Aims. Thanks

In any sane country gov would have gone to such think tanks and should have request them to recommend a member to be part of budget committee ... But unfortunately they dont bother to even consider our recomendation untill and unless its political ...

That, is a problem in India too. What is the solution? It lies in becoming a part of the system, nay, joining it, to change it. Who will do that? I am sure, you shall agree, it is people like you, and many others on this very forum, who have to work to change what is not right. That is what I have said earlier too. The people have to work to make the country. It can only come about with people being determinant of their own futures.

1: there has to be a dedicated team of intellectuals who set thier life on the path of making things right...

That, is where the political leadership has to work. That is what Modi has done in PMO. He has chosen people of various political affiliations as a core team not necessarily the same member for the different teams that are needed in advisory capacity. The team members have been chosen on factors of performance and consistency in working for national aim, irrespective of own political beliefs. That is why you see a consistency in Indian policy irrespective of the charade there may be. Including with respect to Pakistan. Political posturing notwithstanding, the core policy is maintained. Am sure, if you analyse this part of Indian policy aspects, you will agree.

2 Pakistan is an ideoligical nation .. We came into being in the name of religion Islam ...

Will not agree with you here at all. Has been covered earlier too on this very forum, Pakistan was a secular nation as per Quaid-i-Azam's wishes, it was your decision on basis of a few individuals to project yourself as an Islamic Nation. You are off here. Islamisation of your education institutions and introduction of mandatory Islamic studies as Education Policy was done under Gen Zia, another military dictator.

There is no common factor between all ethinicies of Pakistan ...

Really? I hope you understand that you have just raised the question over Pakistan as a nation. Is that your intent?

So we should infer all our laws and regultions as per Islam as to make a nation out of us ... And please indulge into shia sunni debate as its iran and saudi version of islam ... In real islam quran is the divine law and if intent is there all factions can be incorporated and live life as per islamic law ..

Is this sarcastically posted? Why have regulations as per Islam only? Do you not have non-Islamic Pakistanis too? Or are they not Pakistanis? And if you indeed have them, can't you have laws flexible enough to cater to all?

Our institutes are rotten from inside ... Just because of the mistake of bhutto all executive power are in the hand of minister which has no knowledge of business and who are there for max period of 5 years ...

Only Bhutto? Or of the whole nation? Why this propensity to blame only one individual and not the whole country and it's citizens for the rot that is the government as per you? I hope you realise that what exists in society is generally reflected in the institutions. Sadly, it is so in India, and I doubt Pakistan is any different, nay, am very sure.

every year i grow up and realize how stupid i was the year before

lol aint that the truth brother.

No wonder you irritate the hell out of me - bloody side-opening wallah. No Queen's side loyalist will ever understand, or try to understand your shenanigans.

Much has become clear to me now. And what do you think dear Tartakower would have to say about your forays into minefields?

Haha. There was a time I went for the hypermodern systems, and I do dabble with them from time to time still (double fianchettos and so on). Rather than his preference/development of it, I found his writing and analysis on all games and players of his generation very well put in that book, it taught me a lot of the "basics past the basics". Tarktakower as you mention was another great read....as are many who wrote back then. Have you read Kasparov's "my great predecessors" series?

I personally am quite flexible, though I prefer most e4 systems as white and I am always delighted when I can respond with the King's Indian or Grunfeld as black....Kasparov always said TKI was the most manly opening in chess :P

Make of that what you will in my posting/interactions here :) Yes I do fall for poisoned pawns from time to time hehe.

@Chauvinist

BTW @Slav Defence do you play chess too sir (judging from your name)?

Make of that what you will in my posting/interactions here :) Yes I do fall for poisoned pawns from time to time hehe.

@Nilgiri I do prefer Sicilian defence while playing as a black. I like mostly playing with black. And with white I dont use any specific opening just e4.. and then bishop and knight out or sometimes queen with bishop for quick attack..

Last edited:
I do prefer Sicilian defence while playing as a black. I like mostly playing with black. And with white I dont use any specific opening just e4.. and then bishop and night out or sometimes queen with bishop for quick attack..

Sicilian. That means you like to put up a challenge, you are not a meek ruy lopez person :)

Sicilian. That means you like to put up a challenge, you are not a meek ruy lopez person :)

Ahhhh depends on situation.. but I don't hesitate in beating earlier rather than setting up the pieces. I don't go smoothly.

Ahhhh depends on situation.. but I don't hesitate in beating earlier rather than setting up the pieces. I don't go smoothly.

Yes who can forget the first instance of marshall attack hehe.

A quiet standard ruy lopez position suddenly exploded because of the novel gambit and it was only the fact it was Capa on receiving end of it that meant it ultimately petered out. :P

But you have to know what you are doing hehe, otherwise you will be countered quite viciously. Fried liver attack is also a really fun one hehe.

What is your elo rating btw?

Game I am talking about:

Yes who can forget the first instance of marshall attack hehe.

A quiet standard ruy lopez position suddenly exploded because of the novel gambit and it was only the fact it was Capa on receiving end of it that meant it ultimately petered out. :P

But you have to know what you are doing hehe, otherwise you will be countered quite viciously. Fried liver attack is also a really fun one hehe.

What is your elo rating btw?

Game I am talking about:

Hahah I don't play for elo rating. I'm a intraversity player of my team and coloured in Chess..!! I play it to relieve my stress..
Aur itna time nahi hota yar q k parhna b hota hai. Last time I saw board was on December 18.. still you can try me...:P

Hahah I don't play for elo rating. I'm a intraversity player of my team and coloured in Chess..!! I play it to relieve my stress..
Aur itna time nahi hota yar q k parhna b hota hai. Last time I saw board was on December 18.. still you can try me...:P

I have little time these days too lol. I mostly solve chess puzzles and do some tactics training and look up old games etc.

I test myself against the engines from time to time to see how bad I am compared to before lol when I played more actively.

Back
Top Bottom