What's new

The Sikh way of life changing in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Thinking about the big move: The Sikh way of life changing in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa

Ranjit Singh’s court was one of the most magnificent in the world. The Raja had scarlet tented pavilions set up on gold and silver poles near the river.

His courtiers walked around like glittering jewels. He created an atmosphere of religious tolerance in which Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs lived together in harmony.

They settled in Peshawar, Orakzai, Kurram Agency, and North and South Waziristan and since then, have made a name for themselves in the fields of herbal medicine and cloth.

This year, the Sikhs of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa feel that the harmony has been disturbed. Harjeet lost his brother, Paramjeet, also a hakim, in a target killing incident on March 13.

“We have been living here forever,” he said. “Our ancestors died here and while we never wanted to leave the area, we might have to because of the security concerns.”

He added that they did not want to leave the land of their grandfathers, and while it breaks their hearts, if the situation remains miserable for them, they will have to do so.

Paramjeet Singh was gunned down in Shabqadar in the middle of the bazaar by unidentified men. His employee was also killed. This led the Sikhs of K-P to stage a silent protest against target killings.

On March 14, they carried black flags and demanded the government should protect them and other minorities. Before Paramjeet, there was Baghwan Singh, a Sikh hakim who was shot dead by unidentified men in Charsadda’s Tangi Bazaar on January 22.

The police said that he was a resident of Dabgari and ran a medicine shop in the bazaar. He was on his way home in the evening when two men opened fire at him. A few weeks later, two Sikh hakims were kidnapped from DI Khan.

They were in the area for business when the incident took place and are still missing. According to Hardyal Singh, the situation was alarming. “We are a minority,” he said.

“Last month, Bhagwan Singh was shot by target killers, and then two Sikhs were kidnapped from DI Khan in the same month.” He added that incidents of Sikh kidnapping and killings were on the rise and had become more so in the last few months.

In the past, he said, Sikh families from Kurram and Orakzai agencies were forced to flee the tribal region because of unrest.

Many families sought refuge at Punja Sahib in Hasanabdal, Punjab. Right now in Peshawar there are about 200 Sikh families. The chief minister, for his part, asked the police to find the culprits.

When contacted, an official from the Tangi police station told The Express Tribune that they had registered an FIR against an unidentified person for Bhagwan Singh’s murder and had to close the case as they did not know the identity of the killer and no progress was made in the investigation.

In a conversation with the Shabqadar police, it was learnt that the chief minister had given them three days to find those responsible for killing Paramjeet.

But so far the police have had no luck.

Haider Khan, an official from the Shabqadar police station, said the DPO had put together a special team for the case and they had traced some suspects but he was not in a position to share the information.

He did, however, add that the hakim did not have any personal enmity and he might have been killed because of his faith. Mahmood Khan, who has worked with Paramjeet, said that he had enjoyed his time with the man as he was peace loving and would never hurt anyone.

He added that Paramjeet’s patients would really suffer and those who had made progress would now have to find another doctor for their ailments. Paramjeet’s brother, Harjeet said that he was not satisfied with the police investigation.

He added that there was no positive response from the government. The district police official of Charsadda, Shafiullah said the deadline set by the chief minister had passed and they had traced a suspect and would reach the main culprit.

He refused to share further details. According to Dr Soran Singh, the adviser to the CM on minorities, there are about 25,000 Sikhs in the province – mostly in Buner, Swat, DI Khan, Bara, Khyber, Kurram and Orakzai agencies.

Thinking about the big move: The Sikh way of life changing in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa – The Express Tribune

But by targeting minorities terrorists try to gain sympathy from brainwashed majority.
plz stop the bs.
there is no majority in pakistan that gets happy because of the death of pakistanis christians or hindus.
it might be the case in the fucked up part you live in but where i live nobody touches anybody.
kharian city has a church and around 2000 christians we never harm them nor does anybody else. every treats them just fine.
and if anybody killed them we would defend them because they are humans just like us.

plz stop the bs.
there is no majority in pakistan that gets happy because of the death of pakistanis christians or hindus.
it might be the case in the fucked up part you live in but where i live nobody touches anybody.
kharian city has a church and around 2000 christians we never harm them nor does anybody else. every treats them just fine.
and if anybody killed them we would defend them because they are humans just like us.

You live in the US, so I suppose you are right in saying that where you live no one touches anyone, and area where @Jaanbaz lives, might be fucked up. Gotta agree with you there. But I have a strong disagreement with you on one point -

You said, "There is no majority in Pakistan that gets happy because of the death of Pakistani Christians and Hindus.".

But what the world gets to see, not exceptionally, but very generally and time and again, is that whenever anyone from minorities is alleged for blasphemy, those trying to protect him are so few in number, you can count them on digits. And those demanding their heads, are crowds of innumerable locals. There cannot be an evidence more stark than the following to prove that majority does support the persecution of minorities.

[I know you will try to argue otherwise for the sake of argument, and not for the sake of truth, and try to manipulate words to prove otherwise (not that it will work), I will try to help you understand the situation of Pakistan through some pictures.]

There are so many instances & pictures to prove what I am stating, but posting them all will make the thread appear redundant, so just check this out:

A major crowd of educated Pakistanis supporting the man who murdered the only voice that came out to support a persecuted helpless minority woman - only one voice of support for minority, but thousands celebrating the murder of that support:

t1larg.qadri.vday.gi.afp.jpg

Apparently, the support of majority goes even beyond happiness - it has become a religious duty (then again, when was it not?):

Mumtaz-Qadri.jpg

What do you think they are rewarding this man with such great respect and garlands for?:

Mumtaz-Qadri-06-300x231.jpg

So dear, please do not try to hide the sins of the commoners, because if they are not told the distinction between right and wrong early on, then well... Pakistan hasn't seen anything yet.

Last edited:
You live in the US, so I suppose you are right in saying that where you live no one touches anyone, and area where @Jaanbaz lives, might be fucked up. Gotta agree with you there. But I have a strong disagreement with you on one point -

You said, "There is no majority in Pakistan that gets happy because of the death of Pakistani Christians and Hindus.".

But what the world gets to see, not exceptionally, but very generally and time and again, is that whenever anyone from minorities is alleged for blasphemy, those trying to protect him are so few in number, you can count them on digits. And those demanding their heads, are crowds of innumerable locals. There cannot be an evidence more stark than the following to prove that majority does support the persecution of minorities.

[I know you will try to argue otherwise for the sake of argument, and not for the sake of truth, and try to manipulate words to prove otherwise (not that it will work), I will try to help you understand about the situation of Pakistan through a picture.]

There are so many instances pictures to prove what I am stating, but the thread will appear redundant, so just check this out:

A major crowd of educated Pakistanis supporting the man who murdered the only voice that came out to support a persecuted helpless minority woman - only one voice of support for minority, but thousands celebrating the murder of that support:

Apparently, the support of majority goes even beyond happiness - it has become a religious duty (then again, when was it not?):

Mumtaz-Qadri.jpg

What do you think they are rewarding this man with such great respect and garlands for?:

So dear, please do not try to hide the sins of the commoners, because if they are not told the distinction between right and wrong early on, then well... Pakistan hasn't seen anything yet.
your showing me a picture of at most a few thousand pakistanis and your calling it the majority
where the heck are you getting for your info from?
i lived in pakistan as well
and i still got every few years.
where do you live may i ask? i don't see your flags.

[I know you will try to argue otherwise for the sake of argument, and not for the sake of truth, and try to manipulate words to prove otherwise (not that it will work), I will try to help you understand about the situation of Pakistan through a picture.]

There are so many instances pictures to prove what I am stating, but the thread will appear redundant, so just check this out:

Mumtaz-Qadri.jpg

i would love to spank you on this subject but i want to know where your coming from.
if your an indian? ****? muslim? hindu?

your showing me a picture of at most a few thousand pakistanis and your calling it the majority
where the heck are you getting for your info from?
i lived in pakistan as well
and i still got every few years.
where do you live may i ask? i don't see your flags.

i would love to spank you on this subject but i want to know where your coming from.
if your an indian? ****? muslim? hindu?

:lol: I am amazed you weren't aware of my ehtnicity. I am a Hindu, an Indian. But let me warn you beforehand, I am in the habit of completely ignoring needless sentences that go off-topic. My flags are not there because I do not believe in forming a bias depending on flags of the poster. For me, every member is same, irrespective of nationality and religious beliefs.

And here's my argument: Against 1 voice of support for a minority, thousands of opponents from the majority of the population do make a majority.

:lol: I am amazed you weren't aware of my ehtnicity. I am a Hindu, an Indian. But let me warn you beforehand, I am in the habit of completely ignoring needless sentences that go off-topic. My flags are not there because I do not believe in forming a bias depending on flags of the poster. For me, every member is same, irrespective of nationality and religious beliefs.

And here's my argument: Against 1 voice of support for a minority, thousands of opponents from the majority of the population do make a majority.
Flags are obligatory because indian hindu will remain hindu baniya. Especially when you think TTP target sikhs to gain sympathy of majority. Majority who have been victim of TTP.

If pashtuns wanted to kill these sikhs they would have killed them quite quickly in 1947 after riots in Punjab. Your hatered and bias is quite clear.

so a hindu is going to us how tolerant pakistanis are towards its minorities?
i just one thing to say on this. our minorities are better projected then your minorities.
in india more crimes against minorities happen in a year then they do in pakistan in a decade.

ok moving on..

And here's my argument: Against 1 voice of support for a minority
support for a minority? women
salman taster was a corrupt son of a bitch and every pakistani is happy that we have one less corrupt pig.
he wasn't support that christian lady, he was asking that we look at the laws again. which is legit.

thousands of opponents from the majority of the population do make a majority.
so muslims make up 176 million of pakistans population
and 2-3 thousand muslims supporting any sort of crime against a minority makes them the majority? is this really indian logic? do they not teach you people about logic in school?

these people who pictures you are showing aren't even supporting attacks on minorities but are in fact supporting somebody who they think is protecting islam because this politician said that we should get rid of those laws, which we really should.
can you tell the difference or do i need to go in further?

if we live in a communist country and some capitalists insult our way of life and gets beat up in our country and then a politician in our country comes out and says that maybe we should accept capitalism and some angry communist kills that politician and then few thousand people support support that killer. that doesn't mean that those people support the killings of capitalist or beating of capitalists.

indians or any foreigner has no right to judge pakistan. we pakistanis know how tolerant we are.
we don't go around attacking our minorities for supporting india in a cricket match.

Flags are obligatory because indian hindu will remain hindu baniya. Especially when you think TTP target sikhs to gain sympathy of majority. Majority who have been victim of TTP.

If pashtuns wanted to kill these sikhs they would have killed them quite quickly in 1947 after riots in Punjab. Your hatered and bias is quite clear.

When you make off topic posts, at least mention it beforehand that you are going to do so, please!

About your needless allegations on my ethnicity, let any moderator come forward and endorse your statement on Hindu or Hindu Baniya, and call this forum a Pakistani forum and not an international forum. I will either leave the forum for good or put the supposedly requisite flags on my profile within a second.

Next time you want my attention, adhere to the topic.

so a hindu is going to us how tolerant pakistanis are towards its minorities?
i just one thing to say on this. our minorities are better projected then your minorities.
in india more crimes against minorities happen in a year then they do in pakistan in a decade.

ok moving on..

support for a minority? women
salman taster was a corrupt son of a bitch and every pakistani is happy that we have one less corrupt pig.

I do not find rest of your garbage of a post worth a read. And you are right in your position, the fault was actually mine that I decided to indulge in a debate with you, even when I did have an inkling that you might be one of those many members here who stoop to the levels of name-calling and proffering it as some sort of argument. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
It is off topic, but I am curious,

I never called any Muslim any names, or denigrated their religion or ethnicity, rather I have respected them. Why are you being so nasty to me and my religion, what did I do to you?
what did you try to do with that bolded part?
you think I'm just going to miss something like that?
your basically saying its our muslims religious duty to kill non muslims!
so what kind of response do you expect from me my friend?

what did you try to do with that bolded part?
you think I'm just going to miss something like that?
your basically saying its our muslims religious duty to kill non muslims!
so what kind of response do you expect from me my friend?

I never called it Islamic duty, or duty of a Muslim.

What I said was "it has become a religious duty" - You do know the meaning of that statement, right? If you do not, then please know that the two statements, "It is a religious duty", and "it has become a religious duty", mean completely opposite of each other.

And if you think Mumtaz Qadri or Osama and their thousands and thousands of supporters are practicing Islam, then I suppose I need to have another look at what Islam actually teaches.

In fact, now I do think that you take Mumtaz Qadri as the suchcha Musalmaan. Otherwise there is no way you could have supposed that I was talking about Islam in general! And it is exactly this thought process which produces the likes of Zaravan whom you have tagged in your signature. Your subconscious support for his ideology is much stronger than your conscious resistance.

Anyway, I do know that Mumtaz Qadri is extremely religious, on whether he is a true Muslim... I suppose you know better.

Back
Top Bottom