What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

Also we dont even know which mirages V ..Egypt even has regular mirage 5 as well

Guys why the obsession with Mirage 2000 this aircraft is out of production. if we get them for free it would still cost us an arm and a leg . new engine Overhaul facilities for SNECMA M53 Engines new weapons system MICA which your enemy already has...and knows it well radar which your enemy already has knows it well. what it can do - knows it well.

We just destroyed Rafale superiority 1 and half year back by knowing it completely why would we use the same airplane that india is using for last 35-40 years. are we crazy!

why India did not ordered Block 70/72 just because we have operated them (legacy generation) for 35-40 Years..

This Fetish with Mirage 2000 should stop!

I have no idea where some members get the idea that we will be getting the most recently upgraded mirages with the RC 400 radar etc. etc.

The tweet that is the source of this entire discussion says no such thing. It only says we will get a 'batch' of egyptian mirages, not all of them. And it doesn't specify which ones. However logically egypt would want to off-load the oldest non-upgraded ones first. And remember we are getting them for spares....

All this horus, rc 400, etc. talk is mere speculation.

Egyptians Ordered New Rafales, MiG-29s and now i think Su-35s its logical that they have phased out Mirages 5s Horus or non upgraded ones...much better for them if they have a buyer..you know scraping also cost money. after all they are getting money out of this deal and its not like they have buyers lining up to take them..

Smart buy, no way can the PAF replace such a large number of aircraft quickly, and the Mirages have just proved their worth. Leave it to the professionals folks.

By the way I hope there's no truth in the following news;

The PAF is currently in negotiations with the British government and BAE to purchase around 150 Tiger Moth 2 fighters to supplement their strike package.

15109182727_ecde33d8ec_b.jpg

https://aviationweek.com/tigermoth

Also add some Tempest furry, hurricanes, spitfires, P-51 mustangs, Me-109 and Zero.

Which is why i am interested in wat is going to happen, will they fly or be canablaized ? ..if they fly what weapons will they have?
Could Pakistan procure some decent AA weapons with these?
ASK USA for AMRAAM

Last edited:
Egyptians Ordered New Rafales, MiG-29s and now i think Su-35s its logical that they have phased out Mirages 5s Horus or non upgraded ones...much better for them if they have a buyer..you know scraping also cost money. after all they are getting money out of this deal and its not like they have buyers lining up to take them..

That is still just speculation, nothing more. Still no solid information about which of the egyptian mirage-5's our 'batch' will consist of.

I still think this could open the door to a Mirage 2000 purchase, since those guys are getting the Rafale, Su-35 and Mig-35, Qatar could easily be a lock as well with them getting the F-15, Rafale and Eurofighter.

No bro it won't that horse left the stable a year back. There are multiple reasons why this is never going to happen. The strongest being zero support from France, spares a massive issue, new line and none available to buy.

Last edited:
There are multiple people hinting that these Mirage V will be Horus upgrade ones. Off course truth will be known only after something official come out.

Check these tweets some several months old.

As per this tweet PAF was 'yet to respond' in January 2019 on offer of the upgraded Horus Mirages. If that is true than this might refer to a future deal for a future batch and not the current batch we are supposed to receive for which negotiations have been going on for couple of years as per Alan Warnes.

As per this tweet PAF was 'yet to respond' in January 2019 on offer of the upgraded Horus Mirages. If that is true than this might refer to a future deal for a future batch and not the current batch we are supposed to receive for which negotiations have been going on for couple of years as per Alan Warnes.

it is also possible that WAR like situation with India pushed PAF to seal the deal quickly. Alan warn also mentioned that some Mirages will see active service in PAF and I think Horus upgrade will be inducted and rest will be canablised.

Both parties were in talks for a couple of years and now it has been sealed/done. We can expect these birds in upcoming months in PAF colours.
zabardast..

acha Thunder ka kaam ho gaya ya abhi chitchat chal rahy hai..

First F7's will be replaced, Mirage is a potent A2G platform and since french are in india's lap i think it's not a bad move to have these from Egypt for spares just in case we start a full blown conflict, Good to keep our existing fleet up and running till we are in position of replacing them with something adequate

since those guys are getting the Rafale, Su-35 and Mig-35
CORRECTION: MiG-29 - Currently, only Russia is operating the MiG-35, in a very tiny number.
acha Thunder ka kaam ho gaya ya abhi chitchat chal rahy hai..
I'm not sure if Egypt has any plans on taking on the JF-17 for a while, because they already have a lot on their plate with orders.

first of all news is unconfirmed and just a fireworks for keyboard warriors ... but... if somehow this gossip suddenly comes true then for me it would be shocking, i was reading a news about crash rates of PAF from May 2011 to December 2012, they lost 13 aircrafts majority of them were old Mirages and in recent combat with india lesson of entire campaign was , in modern warfare avionics are the key to success, just training of a pilot will not help to win the air combat anymore, otherwise, abhinandan was a good pilot but he was pitched against a superior aircraft and eventually ended up humiliated, if we pitched our pilots with these old mirages against their front line fighters results will not be different

I mentioned this earlier, but I suppose people didn't take much notice to it because (a) They/we don't know. (b) They/We don't care.

Q. How much have we spent on these jets from Egypt?

(If) its not a staggering figure and that one the Ministry of Defense are okay to cough up - great.

Bear in mind, India after 4-5 Years has all of a sudden woken up from cryogenic sleep and started listening to their Air Force about the static decrease in Squadrons. Now the finance has finally kicked in with orders for Rafales, the Craigslist Funding $900 Million for the 21 MiG-29's and possibly another order - in the coming months [Rafales, Gripen, Su-30, MiG-35, F-18 and the F-21].

The JF-17's aren't coming off the assembly line for the PAF for free & nor are we getting those Russian/China engines via charity. And discussed over a 100 times a week - that we do not have funds to counter India with (orders of) new jets.

Finally, for the F-16 enthusiasts..., with the PAF spending whatever (little) funds we did have on getting these jets from Egypt - Did we just give up on any (possible) hope of getting used F-16's?

Back
Top Bottom