What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

Last time I checked we had 139. I highly doubt they all got replaced/retired that quick.
TyHpxnH.jpg

The one in reds are PG

The blue one is f7p which is probably already replaced though officially we are waiting..

So F7ps are effectively gone..

next would be the mirage non rose and PGs which is 6 more squadrons (3PGs & 3 non rose) this should be done by 2025..(assuming 1 sq per year)
Unfortunately f16 didnt come as exepected otherwise the process would have been faster..we might see consolidation in numbers from 2025-2030 (increase no. / squadron) till the last 3 of ROSE squardons will go after 2030 with a new strike strategic plateform

TyHpxnH.jpg

The one in reds are PG

The blue one is f7p which is probably already replaced though officially we are waiting..

next would be the mirage non rose and PGs which is 6 more squadrons (3PGs & 3 non rose) this should be done by 2025..(assuming 1 sq per year)
Unfortunately f16 didnt come as exepected otherwise the process would have been faster..we might see consolidation in numbers from 2025-2030 (increase no. / squadron) till the last 3 of ROSE squardons will go after 2030 with a new strike strategic plateform

So you're telling me since 2017, we've cut out that many F-7s? Because my source comes from 2017, and it said that back then we had 139 F-7s.

For those wondering, we have 91 F7s, including FT7, FT7PG, F7P and F7PG.

PAFs current Mirage fleet stands at 133, including 82 Mirage III and 51 Mirage V.
From Mily Balance figures.

So you're telling me since 2017, we've cut out that many F-7s? Because my source comes from 2017, and it said that back then we had 139 F-7s.
Well it might have counted the PG + F7s or even the ones in reserves because back in 2008 we had around 150 so what did the 150+ jet fighters we inducted since 2008 replaced ?(110 thunders and 40 odd f16s )

Details of Egypt air force Mirage Vs

Egyption_Dassault_Mirage_5_delivered_01.png

Egyption_Dassault_Mirage_5_delivered_02.png

Mirage 5SDE : Single-seat radar-equipped fighter-bomber version for Egypt, equivalent to Mirage IIIE; 54 built
Mirage 5E2 : Upgraded radarless attack version for Egypt. 16 built
Mirage 5SDR : Export version of the Mirage 5R for Egypt; six built
Mirage 5SDD : Two-seat trainer for Egypt; six built
Great News. It is almost certain now that we will also be getting their mirages 2000's......20 years later.

So a question, 33 Mirage-IIIs were upgraded to ROSE-I standard. Even assuming some of them crashed; thats still around 2 squardon strength of ROSE-I. No7(Bandits) is one which is the other one? CCS squadron?

TyHpxnH.jpg

The one in reds are PG

Which of the squadrons are Non-Rose? There is one based in KHI for anti-shipping IIRC. However, I would like to know the squadron numbers.

No.8 Sqn "Haiders" or No.15 Sqn "Cobras" which operate Mirage 5PA(Oldest models) are possible candidate for Mirage V Horus(23 x aircraft). I think these are actually same as Mirage 3EA ROSE I avionics wise except the RC400 Radar and FLIR which is part of ROSE II or ROSE III separately. come to think of it They are more advance Then current Mirage ROSE I, II and III as they are complete package.

Its amazing That RC400 radar was candidate for JF17 Thunder at one point in time.

No.8 Sqn "Haiders" or No.15 Sqn "Cobras" which operate Mirage 5PA(Oldest models) are possible candidate for Mirage V Horus(23 x aircraft). I think these are actually same as Mirage 3EA ROSE I avionics wise except the RC400 Radar and FLIR which is part of ROSE II or ROSE III separately. come to think of it They are more advance Then current Mirage ROSE I, II and III as they are complete package.

Its amazing That RC400 radar was candidate for JF17 Thunder at one point in time.
Very capable plans if they are inducted the rc400 can fire variety of bvrs

Back
Top Bottom