What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

Smart buy, no way can the PAF replace such a large number of aircraft quickly, and the Mirages have just proved their worth. Leave it to the professionals folks.

By the way I hope there's no truth in the following news;

The PAF is currently in negotiations with the British government and BAE to purchase around 150 Tiger Moth 2 fighters to supplement their strike package.

15109182727_ecde33d8ec_b.jpg

https://aviationweek.com/tigermoth

Aint those in pic are too old :D

Very capable plans if they are inducted the rc400 can fire variety of bvrs
Exactly so the PAF has just added more BVR platforms at a very low price.
Rc 400 is superior to mirage 2000 old radar and can fire MICA IRST
The same radar we were about to buy

Are you going to pay for them? Have you noticed there is a financial crisis? Have you complained about tax evasion?

If not stop demanding large ticket items.

Exactly so the PAF has just added more BVR platforms at a very low price.

Are you going to pay for them? Have you noticed there is a financial crisis? Have you complained about tax evasion?

If not stop demanding large ticket items.
Which is why i am interested in wat is going to happen, will they fly or be canablaized ? ..if they fly what weapons will they have?
Could Pakistan procure some decent AA weapons with these?

If i'm not wrong we have a Mirage (engine?) rebuild factory? We could theoretically do a nut and bolt restoration on these and make them good as new.

I am very happy with this deal as we are probably getting 36 Horus Mirages for the price of one Rafale or less. I am sure in future Mirage 2000 will be looked into as well.As this is the only IAF aircraft that has perturbed PAF slightly.All Western platforms last at least three times their counter parts in the East. I still remember when Pakistan ordered 40 F16s Indira Gandhi panicked and ordered 400 aircrafts of different origins.Irony is that only Mirage 2000s are the remnants of that shopping spree.

Logically Mirage V Horus upgraded they are only 23 left out of 36 will get inducted in service and all other remaining non-upgraded single or dual seats will be reduced to spares...

I still think this could open the door to a Mirage 2000 purchase, since those guys are getting the Rafale, Su-35 and Mig-35, Qatar could easily be a lock as well with them getting the F-15, Rafale and Eurofighter.

I have no idea where some members get the idea that we will be getting the most recently upgraded mirages with the RC 400 radar etc. etc.

The tweet that is the source of this entire discussion says no such thing. It only says we will get a 'batch' of egyptian mirages, not all of them. And it doesn't specify which ones. However logically egypt would want to off-load the oldest non-upgraded ones first. And remember we are getting them for spares....

All this horus, rc 400, etc. talk is mere speculation.

Back
Top Bottom