What's new

The J-20-engine discussion is over and other speculative topics ... to separate from the J-20-news !

@Asoka is a bit too optimistic with his projections ... there's no use in countering his opinion. He consistently maintains that the WS-15 has a thrust of at least 210kN (probably more) and features 3D thrust vectoring ...

Well he also didn't know what vertical stabilizers were and he was in awe when he seen the J-20 turn using vertical stabilizers. The F-135 is a completely different class of engines then the WS-15 or AL-31. The F-135 is a very heavy class engine which reflects its high trust output. Anyone claiming an engine the size of a WS-15 is able to produce 210kn thrust is a fanboy.

He is basically claiming the WS-15 is far superior to the F-135 because he is claiming it produces considerably more thrust while being smaller.

Yes, I did. And I still do, Sir.

I am afraid to state the max. Thrust figure, that is actually in my mind. I have already been warned, privately, and for several times, not to reveal too much details of current Chinese Aviation technologies to Westerners.

I don't want to get in trouble with the Chinese State Security. It takes nothing to find out who I am.

It is no secret that the Chinese Internet is extensively policed by the Chinese Government.

There is no doubt, that they are also monitoring closely the Internet Forums, frequented by the Chinese users.

You didn't even know what vertical stabilizers did. :lol: you are a fraud.

You know nothing about engines or aviation in general, you have been exposed and I can easily expose you even more.

Well he also didn't know what vertical stabilizers were and he was in awe when he seen the J-20 turn using vertical stabilizers. The F-135 is a completely different class of engines then the WS-15 or AL-31. The F-135 is a very heavy class engine which reflects its high trust output. Anyone claiming an engine the size of a WS-15 is able to produce 210kn thrust is a fanboy.

He is basically claiming the WS-15 is far superior to the F-135 because he is claiming it produces considerably more thrust while being smaller.

You didn't even know what vertical stabilizers did. :lol: you are a fraud.

You know nothing about engines or aviation in general, you have been exposed and I can easily expose you even more.
To be fair, we do not have any measurements of the WS-15. Hence, we cannot come to the conclusion of its weight or size.

CD is a nest of anti-china posters. CD got shutdown for several days, couple weeks ago. Anybody knows why?

Meyet = The Young Turks
CCTV = The Establishment
CD = Breitbart :lol:

Yes, the CD forum is the Breitbart in the world of the Chinese military forum, they got a niche but loyal and stubborn audience base. However, they really need to put their bread and butter on the table AKA the prototype 2021. Otherwise, they risk to completely alienate themselves from the rest of the Chinese military online community. The CCTV expert is already labelling those online reports surrounding the so-called prototype 2021 as the fake news. They are going to get completely thrashed by their opponents.

To be fair, we do not have any measurements of the WS-15. Hence, we cannot come to the conclusion of its weight or size.

If you could use Bing Translation to read this page http://bbs.meyet.com/thread-505445-1-1.html

And look up A. J. Wennerstrom and G. R. Frost and "splitter vanes", then you will get a better idea of what I am talking about.

"轴向尺寸减少30-40%,重量减轻30-40%,零件数减少20-30%,"

Using the Splitter Vanes technology to reduce the engine length by 30-40%, reduce its weight by 30-40%, and reduce the number of components by 20-30%, is a big big deal by itself.

I have never heard any other technologies, making this kind of impact on performance, in Aviation engine technology.

Meyet = The Young Turks
CCTV = The Establishment
CD = Breitbart :lol:

Yes, the CD forum is the Breitbart in the world of the Chinese military forum, they got a niche but loyal and stubborn audience base. However, they really need to put their bread and butter on the table AKA the prototype 2021. Otherwise, they risk to completely alienate themselves from the rest of the Chinese military online community. The CCTV expert is already labelling those online reports surrounding the so-called prototype 2021 as the fake news. They are going to get completely thrashed by their opponents.

Calling CD a fake news site and a nest of anti-China posters, is a good one. That serves them right. The owner of this site, should be hauled by the Chinese State Security, for a good talk.

I am sure any type of anti-china activities is frowned upon. There is no Freedom of Speech when it comes to anti-china activities.

Last edited:
I am afraid to reveal the max. Thrust figure, that is actually in my mind. I have already been warned, privately, and for several times, not to reveal too much details of current Chinese Aviation technologies to Westerners.

I don't want to get in trouble with the Chinese State Security. It takes nothing to find out who I am.
Give us all a break...You are a nobody...You know nothing about anything relating to the Chinese military...:rolleyes:

We got us another Marty, here. Two Walter Mittys. This is pathetic.

LMAO in the J20 thread.

Hey, @Asoka @ChineseTiger1986 you guys are just too nice to be acceptable. lol

@Asoka bro, I support you for the issue and the continuous prooves out there for years.

1. prototype in Jiang era.

2. the different sound of the engine several years ago.

3. the reports of the material stuff of the blade in recent years.

4. the province level report of J20 in recent years (shanxi and liaoning).

5. the open report of J11B production line including the WS10 engine.

6. the caculations of vertical climb of J20 in Zhuhai has been discussed again and agian in domestic forums.

Just keep it up with your rational arguments. We need your different opinions as the rumor mill of J20 has been built here. Yeah, most discussions are based at rumors and pictures. I bet you have many chances to slapping faces. lol. It is very strange to me that some people are so sure for the information that he concluded himself without official claim of China and be so exclusive to different opinions.

Let's wait and see. Good luck and have fun. :D:D:D

LMAO in the J20 thread.

@Asoka bro, I support you for the issue and the continuous prooves out there for years.

6. the caculations of vertical climb of J20 in Zhuhai has been discussed again and agian in domestic forums.

Just keep it up with your rational arguments. We need your different opinions as the rumor mill of J20 has been built here. Yeah, most discussions are based at rumors and pictures. I bet you have many chances to slapping faces. lol. It is very strange to me that some people are so sure for the information that he concluded himself without official claim of China and be so exclusive to different opinions.

I am not a staunch WS-15 supporter like @Asoka.

However, something is fishy with the so-called prototype 2021. If they still cannot show us any sign of the prototype 2021, then it is most likely phony, since the CD forum also got a record of manufacturing the fake news.

LMAO in the J20 thread.

Thanks Bro, for your excellent moral support. :cheers: There is no way a "low" thrust engine like WS-10 or AL-31 could do what we have seen in J-20.

Until Just two weeks ago, there was no even a fake picture of WS-10 associated with J-20. No WS-10 supporters have even claimed the the J-20 nozzle resemble the WS-10's nozzles, unlike the AL-31 supporters, such as our excellent Mr. @Deino, who made many nozzle comparisons.

I even think these fake WS-10 pictures might have something to do with me, because I have, repeatedly, laugh about this utterly lack of nozzle resemblance. And then these fake pictures, suddenly showed up.

I know many Chinese fan-boys follows PDF and SDF and other foreign forums, extensively, so I won't be surprised they took my ridicules seriously, and manufactured these laughable "evidences".

Last edited:
May I ask You to continue This J-20-related engine stuff in the correct thread? We have a dedicated thread for this to keep the other topics clean.

Deino from France :-)

May I ask You to continue This J-20-related engine stuff in the correct thread? We have a dedicated thread for this to keep the other topics clean.

Deino from France :-)
There's an endless saga thread for a reason :enjoy:

Thanks Bro, for your excellent moral support. :cheers: There is no way a "low" thrust engine like WS-10 or AL-31 could do what we have seen in J-20.

Until Just two weeks ago, there was no even a fake picture of WS-10 associated with J-20. No WS-10 supporters have even claimed the the J-20 nozzle resemble the WS-10's nozzles, unlike the AL-31 supporters, such as our excellent Mr. @Deino, who made many nozzle comparisons.

I even think these fake WS-10 pictures might have something to do with me, because I have, repeatedly, laugh about this utterly lack of nozzle resemblance. And then these fake pictures, suddenly showed up. I know many Chinese fan-boys follows PDF and SDF and other foreign forums, extensively, so I won't be surprised they took my ridicules seriously, and manufactured these laughable "evidences".
Asoka please continue your discussion in the endless engine saga thread ... you keep derailing the thread for whatever reason

I am not a staunch WS-15 supporter like @Asoka.

However, something is fishy with the so-called prototype 2021. If they still cannot show us any sign of the prototype 2021, then it is most likely phony, since the CD forum also got a record of manufacturing the fake news.

It's ok tiger. Just forget about 2021 and 奶大. lol

Maybe the time you witness WS15 is the type B. lol

Take it easy and just have fun.

@Asoka

Take it easy, bro. There's no official claim for the engine of J20 so everyone could be right for a certain degree.

Just forget those 'trick' thing and be yourself. It's a 江湖 lol.

Even at this time I can partially confirm that you are right for something. lol

I just want to suggest you that you should fiercely fight back when you get the correct information except the critical data which I think you have never have the chance to get in touch with these things. lol

Join the party and have fun.

Have a good day.

It's ok tiger. Just forget about 2021 and 奶大. lol

Maybe the time you witness WS15 is the type B. lol

Take it easy and just have fun.

@Asoka

Take it easy, bro. There's no official claim for the engine of J20 so everyone could be right for a certain degree.

Just forget those 'trick' thing and be yourself. It's a 江湖 lol.

Even at this time I can partially confirm that you are right for something. lol

I just want to suggest you that you should fiercely fight back when you get the correct information except the critical data which I think you have never have the chance to get in touch with these things. lol

Join the party and have fun.

Have a good day.

I am thinking about the current J-20 using the 155KN WS-10G with a TWR of 9.

This kinda matches the information given by the rear admiral Yin Zhuo and senior colonel Chen Hong.

This kinda matches the information given by the rear admiral Yin Zhuo and senior colonel Chen Hong.
Or the newly mentioned WS-10C. But the WS-10B with a TWR of over 8 is still pretty good and not underpowered

Or the newly mentioned WS-10C. But the WS-10B with a TWR of over 8 is still pretty good and not underpowered

Regardless about the name, I think this engine has to be intermediate between the WS-10 and WS-15.

The 140KN figure maybe is really underpowered for the current J-20 engine.

This is the most likely explanation.

This is a special version with uprated thrust and lower life expectancy.

I have been arguing this theory all along.:-)

Back
Top Bottom