What's new

The J-20-engine discussion is over and other speculative topics ... to separate from the J-20-news !

Now it is the growing rivalry between the Meyet forum & CCTV-4 and the CD forum/several online big shrimps.

The Meyet forum is the first Chinese online community that insists the J-20 used the WS-10X in its prototypes, then equip with the WS-15. The CCTV-4 first suggested the WS-10X, now they are also leaning toward the WS-15.

We might figure out who will become the ultimate winner after more classified information from the J-20 being unveiled.
Can you link me the Meyet forum ... thanks.

@Deino said there was no 2021 prototype? What??? Where did he say that? All I know is that he pointed out that the PSed 2021 (aka 2011) was faked ...

Fake picture means very likely there is no such plane. At least, no one has previously mentioned there is such version.

Your logical brain is not working again @Figaro?

The engine debate of the J-20 is far from being over, so it is by far more thrilling than the US election.

I reckon there will likely have more coming surprises, consider that CCTV-4 really doesn't like the CD forum and many other big shrimps. The PLAAF expert has made a lot of insinuation against the credibility of the CD forum and many other online big shrimps.

"The engine debate of the J-20 is far from being over"

So you don't think Deino was right? and that his Victory Celebration might be a little premature?

Fake picture means very likely there is no such plane. At least, no one has previously mentioned there is such version.

Your logical brain is not working again @Figaro?

I think we should refrain to use more harsh words.

We might soon discover what kind of engine the J-20 is really using.

BTW, @Figaro is not stubborn like those zealous fanboys from the CD forum.

If the J-20 is truly proven with the WS-15, then I am pretty sure he will gladly accept it.

"The engine debate of the J-20 is far from being over"

So you don't think Deino was right? and that his Victory Celebration might be a little premature?

Yes, that victory celebration was too premature.

The CD forum members usually loved to attack the credibility of the CCTV-4 or even the entire CCTV network.

However, in this time, the CCTV-4 is also indirectly attacking the credibility of the CD forum and their online big shrimps.

Last edited:
"The Meyet forum is the first Chinese online community that insists the J-20 used the WS-10X in its prototypes, then equip with the WS-15. The CCTV-4 first suggested the WS-10X, now they are also leaning toward the WS-15."

I will trust Meyet over any other sources. It's founder, "Douhou" has impeccable judgment and excellent technical abilities to analysis the issues.

I have made the same assertion that J-20, from day one, was flying with a prototype of Ws-15, with a WS-15 core wrapped around with some WS-10 and AL-31 technologies. And since 2014, it's been flying with a matured WS-15 engine with 3D TVC nozzles, and has, at least, 210kN max. thrust, in the same class as F-35's F135 engine.

This matured WS-15 engine, incredibly, is both lighter and shorter, but more powerful than WS-10 and AL-31. It uses the splitter vanes technologies pioneered by the American, A. J. Wennerstrom.

http://bbs.meyet.com/thread-505445-1-1.html

"航空发动机压气机大小叶片技术,能够缩短核心机长度,减少零件数量,减轻发动机重量。

1、在推重比8一级的发动机中,用单级压比3-3.5的高负荷风扇,替换3级常规风扇,轴向长度减少30-50%,重量减轻30-60%。

2、在推重比10一级的发动机中,完成了详细设计计算。计算表明,应用3级大小叶片的核心压气机将比现在6级高压压气机, 轴向尺寸减少30-40%,重量减轻30-40%,零件数减少20-30%,设计点效率提高1%。"

"BTW, @Figaro is not stubborn, like those zealous fanboys, from the CD forum."

He has some logical issues that are baffling to me.

"Yes, that victory celebration was too premature."

Seems like, @Figaro, thinks so too. Right, Figaro? He has referred that thread with the old name.

Last edited:
"The Meyet forum is the first Chinese online community that insists the J-20 used the WS-10X in its prototypes, then equip with the WS-15. The CCTV-4 first suggested the WS-10X, now they are also leaning toward the WS-15."

I will trust Meyet over any other sources. It's founder, "Douhou" has impeccable judgment and excellent technical abilities to analysis the issues.

I have made the same assertion that J-20, from day one, was flying with a prototype of Ws-15, with a WS-15 core wrapped around with some WS-10 and AL-31 technologies. And since 2014, it's been flying with a matured WS-15 engine with 3D TVC nozzles, and has, at least, 210kN max. thrust, in the same class as F-35's F135 engine.

Seems like, @Figaro, thinks so too. Right, Figaro? He has referred that thread with the old name.

I am pretty sure that the CCTV-4 is already getting fed up with the CD forum and their online big shrimps.

No wonder they also keep insisting that the J-20 has already used the domestic engine.

Nobody else can convince the CD members that the J-20 is using the WS-15, unless it is the online big shrimps from the CD forum.

I am pretty sure that the CCTV-4 is already getting fed up with the CD forum and their online big shrimps.

No wonder they also keep insisting that the J-20 has already used the domestic engine.

Nobody else can convince the CD members that the J-20 is using the WS-15, unless it is the online big shrimps from the CD forum.

CD is a nest of anti-china posters. CD got shutdown for several days, couple weeks ago. Anybody knows why?

You are out of touch with reality if you think the WS-15 will achieve 210kn thrust. The F-135 achieves 190kn and China is years behind in engine technology compared with the US. FYI, the F-135 high trust is in large part due to its size, there is no way a smaller WS-15 is able to create more thrust then a larger F-135.

You are out of touch with reality if you think the WS-15 will achieve 210kn thrust. The F-135 achieves 190kn and China is years behind in engine technology compared with the US. FYI, the F-135 high trust is in large part due to its size, there is no way a smaller WS-15 is able to create more thrust then a larger F-135.
@Asoka is a bit too optimistic with his projections ... there's no use in countering his opinion. He consistently maintains that the WS-15 has a thrust of at least 210kN (probably more) and features 3D thrust vectoring ...

@Asoka is a bit too optimistic with his projections ... there's no use in countering his opinion. He consistently maintains that the WS-15 has a thrust of at least 210kN (probably more) and features 3D thrust vectoring ...

Yes, I did. And I still do, Sir.

@Asoka is a bit too optimistic with his projections.

210kN is actually a conservative figure, which was reached by the F135 engine, back in the early 1990's. The P&W website listed F135 as a 190kN class engine, not its actual thrust figure. No need to be totally honest, here. Just a ball park figure.

If they have understated its thrust by just 10%, that would put its actual thrust over 210kN.

No doubt, the Americans have more powerful engines (TWR 12-15) for their 6-Gen. fighter by now.

I am afraid to reveal the max. Thrust figure, that is actually in my mind. I have already been warned, privately, and for several times, not to reveal too much details of current Chinese Aviation technologies to Westerners.

I don't want to get in trouble with the Chinese State Security. It takes nothing to find out who I am.

It is no secret that the Chinese Internet is extensively policed by the Chinese Government.

There is no doubt, that they are also monitoring closely, all the International Internet Forums, including PDF, SDF and many others, frequented by the Chinese users, to prevent leaking of state secrets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom