What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

How the F16s will look like with CFT attached, not sure about the livery
F16I_491.jpg
It will my laptop wallpaper for sure just wait to see it in our flag and camouflage beside another bird from either china or Russia.

Whether they like it or not theirs nothing illegal about such deals, no one could stop them.
Iraq requested 4 strategic weapon systems besides the MI 28 and Pantsir.

1 : KA 52 ( confirmed )
2 : Most likely S300
3 : MIG 35, SU 30/35 ?
4 : Must be ( Long range ) radar systems

Though Iraq and Russia are not allies unlike Libya was with Russia for all I know.

KA 52 would be considered a strategic weapon system for its ability carrying the long range air to ground missile Kh-25 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I wish all the best who knows brother but as you know no info about the preys so far, its all speculation they might made a deal with Russian but?. by the way any news about pantsir yet.

So another 5-6 months not that far it would be gr8 if the F-16 comes along side the pantsir good to see them side by side.

Once a few F16s are delivered and operational it will bring a big responsibility and a hard choice with it, it gives Iraq ability to control its airspace meaning Iraq will have to take a side on the Iranian cargo shipped to Syria, now Iraq has the excuse of not having airspace control.

Depends on what Iraqi officials respond with, they can always make up another excuse saying a minimum of 100 fighters are needed for airspace control of the country as stated by the air force commander ( 96 fighter planes minimum, 200 + wanted ).

Former data on the F16s incorrect.

First F16 deliveries [Apr-Jun 2014]

The new Raytheon 17m Tethered aerostat of Baghdad. 3 for now, with 6 eventually. 12km range of sensors working in all weather day and night. GROUND SURVEILLANCE using Electro-Optical and Thermal sensors

tethered+baloon.jpg

Can we make an exercise by next year then :cheers: the RSAF should use the Tornados, how cool is that?

2014 is delivery, operational will take more time and an operational squadron even more time as once first delivery starts 2 will be delivered every month until 36 are delivered, enough for 2 squadrons.

2014 is delivery, operational will take more time and an operational squadron even more time as once first delivery starts 2 will be delivered every month until 36 are delivered, enough for 1 or 2 squadrons I guess.

The F-16 is fine, just stick to it. Iraqi pilots have been studying and training in the US for more than 4 years, I'm sure they will handle those fighter jets on their own soon.

The F-16 is fine, just stick to it. Iraqi pilots have been studying and training in the US for more than 4 years, I'm sure they will handle those fighter jets on their own soon.

The aircraft is, block 52 is capable.
Some missing key weapons would have to be replaced with more training and experience, no aim 9X which gives the possibility of firing the missile while the nose is a lot of degrees of the target with the JHCMS helmet which is delivered to Iraq. Means dog fights would be harder which themselves are already hard.

No JDAM kit for the 1000+ unguided bombs, there is a small number ( 250-400 ) though of guided bombs GBU 500 and 2000 pounds. and ofc the BVR not to forget.

ME countries could train dog fights together similar to those over the Aegean.

18 F-16IQ aircraft,
24 F100PW-229 or F110-GE-129 Increased Performance Engines,
120 LAU-129/A Common Rail Launchers,
24 APG-68(V)9 radar sets,
19 M61 20mm Vulcan Cannons,
100 AIM-9L/M-8/9 Sidewinder Missiles,
150 AIM-7M-F1/H SPARROW Missiles,
50 AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick Air to Ground Missiles,
200 GBU-12 PAVEWAY II Laser Guided Bomb Units (500 pound),
50 GBU-10 PAVEWAY II Laser Guided Bomb Units (2000 pound),
50 GBU-24 PAVEWAY III Laser Guided Bomb Units (2000 pound),
22 ALQ-211 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suites (AIDEWS), or Advanced Countermeasures Electronic System (ACES) (ACES includes the ALQ-187 Electronic Warfare System and AN/ALR-93 Radar Warning Receiver),
20 AN/APX-113 Advanced Identification Friend or Foe (AIFF) Systems (without Mode IV),
20 Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Embedded GPS/ Inertial Navigation Systems (INS), (Standard Positioning Service (SPS) commercial code only),
20 AN/AAQ-33 SNIPER or AN/AAQ-28 LITENING Targeting Pods,
4 F-9120 Advanced Airborne Reconnaissance Systems (AARS) or DB-110 Reconnaissance Pods (RECCE),
22 AN/ALE-47 Countermeasures Dispensing Systems (CMDS),
20 Conformal Fuel Tanks (pairs),
120 Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems (JHMCS),
20 AN/ARC-238 Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio Systems,
10,000 PGU-27A/B Ammunition,
30,000 PGU-28 Ammunition,
230 MK-84 2000 lb General Purpose Bombs,
and 800 MK-82 500lb General Purpose Bombs.

This is the first deal, cannot find the 2nd deal DSCA.
I wonder what " commercial code only " means.

Back
Top Bottom