What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

Iraqi pilots training with 3 different block 52s in Arizona.

Db76PnaWkAAR273.jpg

Db76PnZWkAAx3RE.jpg

Db76PnXXUAEbVUa.jpg
what is the total number of f-16 they order?

Russia delivered 36 of 73 T-90s to Iraq right now, if I am not mistaken Russia wants to finish the Iraqi T-90 deal by the end of the year. I read one rumor claiming when Iraq got the T-90s, they also received BMP-3s, but I have not seen any photos of any Iraqi BMP-3s. but Iraq has expressed interest in them.
as well as Iraq receiving the Gorets-M armored vehicle just a month or so ago, making them the first foreign export of the type.
Iraq is moving back to Russia and I show support to an Iraq which is building up their security forces.

Good.

Interesting to see the weapons. Were they delivered with the F-16s?

I'm sure they were, most definitely. From recent operations in Iraq, the Iraqi air force is showing signs of it's legendary prowess that it was well known for in the ME. They've carried out very successful missions against ISIS in several areas in Iraq. Back in 1973 after the 6th October (Yom Kippur) War, Egyptian general Sa'ad Al Shazly spoke very highly of the Iraqi Hawker Hunter squadron and their work over the Suez Canal against the Israelis. He boasted about their performance and how successful they were. I'm sure that tradition of excellence will carry on with today's Iraqi Air Force.

hh2-Iraqi-Hawker-Hunter.jpg

I'm sure they were, most definitely. From recent operations in Iraq, the Iraqi air force is showing signs of it's legendary prowess that it was well known for in the ME. They've carried out very successful missions against ISIS in several areas in Iraq. Back in 1973 after the 6th October (Yom Kippur) War, Egyptian general Sa'ad Al Shazly spoke very highly of the Iraqi Hawker Hunter squadron and their work over the Suez Canal against the Israelis. He boasted about their performance and how successful they were. I'm sure that tradition of excellence will carry on with today's Iraqi Air Force.

hh2-Iraqi-Hawker-Hunter.jpg

I didn't know that. It's impressive.

Those are the items that haven't been officialy mentioned, similarly to the CH-4 which eventually we saw.

The list of items that are also ordered if going by this are

-Mig 35
-CH-5
-S 400 (not sure about this one, very expensive also and not a priority).

Back
Top Bottom