What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

What are the roles they are used for?

Trainer for fighter pilots.

Iraqi F-16D at Rainbow Canyon, California, in the past few days.

DYhTt4hW4AA0pBP.jpg

DYhTxy0WsAE9DLz.jpg

DYhTvnaXcAEFu7O.jpg

DYhTwYDX0AAKSLU.jpg

aside from the F-16s, which jet is the IQAF looking for? MiG-35 would be a good jet for the IQAF considering they flew MiG-29s back in the 1980s-1990s. but also the JF-17 would be another good jet, it is cheaper but as same capabilities with air to air missiles and so forth.

Nice shots, Gomig. It's a surprise to see only one person in a two seater. Do you think the T-50s would be useful in a counter insurgency role?
T-50s could be used in counter-insurgency for sure, the Philippines used them against Maute Group/ISIS in Marawi city. so I could see the IQAF using theirs against the insurgents for sure, but since they have F-16s and SU-25s I have no idea if the Iraqis would use them since the SU-25s are CAS and their F-16s have targeting pods.

Nice shots, Gomig. It's a surprise to see only one person in a two seater. Do you think the T-50s would be useful in a counter insurgency role?

Glad you like them. I thought so too. It takes a high-end camera with especially a heck of a lens to take those quality shots which we don't get to see too often of Arabs jets in general. I agree about the single pilot, not something you see very often. I also agree with what @Bundeswehr said about the T-50s.

Glad you like them. I thought so too. It takes a high-end camera with especially a heck of a lens to take those quality shots which we don't get to see too often of Arabs jets in general. I agree about the single pilot, not something you see very often.

Could it be an Iraqi instructor undergoing training or a test pilot from the manufacturer?

T-50s could be used in counter-insurgency for sure, the Philippines used them against Maute Group/ISIS in Marawi city.
Did they perform well there?

so I could see the IQAF using theirs against the insurgents for sure, but since they have F-16s and SU-25s I have no idea if the Iraqis would use them since the SU-25s are CAS and their F-16s have targeting pods.
That's logical. Thanks.

Are T-90s in use now?
Russia delivered 36 of 73 T-90s to Iraq right now, if I am not mistaken Russia wants to finish the Iraqi T-90 deal by the end of the year. I read one rumor claiming when Iraq got the T-90s, they also received BMP-3s, but I have not seen any photos of any Iraqi BMP-3s. but Iraq has expressed interest in them.
as well as Iraq receiving the Gorets-M armored vehicle just a month or so ago, making them the first foreign export of the type.
Iraq is moving back to Russia and I show support to an Iraq which is building up their security forces.

Back
Top Bottom