What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

The Kurds retook the Mosul dam from ISIS in lightening speed. If the Iraqi new army coordinate her efforts with the Kurds,
ISIS has no chance of surviving.
r-KURDE-huge.jpg

Airstrikes cleared the way to retake the dam. Both Iraqi SF and Kurds have worked together on the ground on that matter.

ISOF near dam & in front of dam gate
10523563_812952008755728_321812188665058362_n.jpg

10557310_911529242195169_1816953846190268343_n.jpg

You're putting too much trust in ethnic superiority of Kurds above Arabs that they're better fighters. There are many video's of captured and killed terrorists by Kurdish and Iraqi forces but it means nothing. Both are poorly trained, without training it doesn't matter how motivated they are, motivated by religion or nationalism they're still not capable of doing their job.

Infact SU-25's and hellfire missiles firing aircraft have been hitting ISIS north for a long time directly helping KRG even though it's one sided benefit, theres nothing they are helping with. As soon as Iraq gets in crisis they take benefit from it unlike what Iraq is doing allowing the west to send small arms/mortars to them, helping with military strikes and sending ammo.

establishment of a military council independent from gov

Masum said also he planned to present several initiatives to Iraq’s political parties, including the establishment of a national council being made of himself as president, the prime minister, the parliament speaker and the leaders of political blocs.

He also called for establishing other governmental bodies including a higher defense council and a “construction council” for civil projects. Additionally, he called for the government to install an integrity committee “because corruption has terribly spread.”

source : http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...new-president-defends-Abadi-appointment-.html

The Kurds retook the Mosul dam from ISIS in lightening speed. If the Iraqi new army coordinate her efforts with the Kurds,
ISIS has no chance of surviving.
r-KURDE-huge.jpg

It was Iraqi ISOF and SWAT in coordination with the Iraqi airforce which freed Mosul dam. Kurdish peshmerga joined the fight, but the plan and leadership was drawn of by Iraqi forces.

You seem to think kurds are some brave wariors... they gave up mosul dam without a fight, they ran away from Sinjar without a fight, they abondened Qwer, Tel kef, and many other cities. There are videos of peshmerga running away while camera crew chase them and ask them why they're escpaing.

You seem to think kurds are some brave wariors... they gave up mosul dam without a fight, they ran away from Sinjar without a fight, they abondened Qwer, Tel kef, and many other cities. There are videos of peshmerga running away while camera crew chase them and ask them why they're escpaing.

The thing is he's a Berber and he dislikes Arabs in general. His posts and opinion about this are influenced by that.

BADRIYA, Iraq — Iraqi officials said on Monday that Iraqi forces had succeeded in retaking Mosul Dam from fighters from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, although it was unclear whether they had seized control of the entire dam and the surrounding complex.

Iraqi state television quoted Gen. Qassim Atta, an Iraqi military spokesman, as saying that Iraqi special forces and Kurdish pesh merga fighters were in command of the dam, the largest in Iraq. Hoshyar Zebari, a Kurdish leader and the foreign minister in Iraqi’s departing government, also said by telephone Monday that the dam was in the hands of Iraqi and Kurdish forces.

But as of midday, no photographs or videos had been released showing the security forces inside the dam, and the Kurdish military was preventing journalists from approaching the area and keeping residents from returning to their homes in villages nearby.
A commander for the Kurdish pesh merga forces in the area, Gen. Omer Ibrahim, said that ISIS fighters had abandoned the dam complex and retreated to a nearby front. But the complex itself was heavily mined, meaning the pesh merga could not fully enter it and prolonging the push to fully occupy the dam.

From the town of Badriya northwest of the dam, where pesh merga forces were running a checkpoint, smoke could be seen rising from near the area, suggesting fresh airstrikes. At one point, more than a dozen armored personnel carriers full of Kurdish military officers came through, heading toward the dam.

Although a series of American airstrikes on ISIS positions near the dam had allowed Kurdish forces to reclaim nearby villages and to approach the area, Kurdish officers said the militants had slowed the progress of the military forces by planting roadside bombs.

A large truck arrived at the checkpoint carrying more than two dozen metal cylinders strewn with wires. Idris Mohammed, a Kurdish military officer, said they were bombs that Kurdish sappers had removed from a village near the dam.

The airstrikes appeared to have forced the insurgents to flee, or at least to seek cover, and only light clashes were reported as Kurdish forces approached the dam. In response to the latest developments, the checkpoint was crowded with hundreds of residents who had fled villages near the dam and wanted to return to check on their homes.

The dam is on the Tigris River, about 30 miles from Mosul, and is a crucial source of electricity for the city, the second-largest in Iraq. It is also a control point for the water supply for a larger area, and the seizure of the dam by the ISIS militants raised fears that a 65-foot wave of water could be released over northern Iraq.

The thing is he's a Berber and he dislikes Arabs in general. His posts and opinion about this are influenced by that.

I dont know whether you are Shia, but it seems that you are. Let me tell you one thing: just because USA wanted that way, you guys obeyed USA and alienated Sunnis. These Sunnis came as ISIS again.

It seems that Iraqi government (Shia Arabs) does everything to save Kurds, in expense of Sunni Arabs. You will get backstabbed again. US arms you, force you to fight Sunnis. Iranians provoke you to fight Sunnis. What do you get? Nothing.

I dont know whether you are Shia, but it seems that you are. Let me tell you one thing: just because USA wanted that way, you guys obeyed USA and alienated Sunnis. These Sunnis came as ISIS again.

It seems that Iraqi government (Shia Arabs) does everything to save Kurds, in expense of Sunni Arabs. You will get backstabbed again. US arms you, force you to fight Sunnis. Iranians provoke you to fight Sunnis. What do you get? Nothing.

I'm neither of those 2 sects, nowadays those sects are only being used as political sides and i'm not into any, but i'd be Sunni since my family is.

Sunnis in Iraq are divided, some are with ISIS, some are lieing to themselves calling ISIS tribal revolutionaries whilst they are nowhere to be seen, 25 tribes just declared war on ISIS after Maliki's departure.

Iraq's new gov can make a difference.

Elaborate further please.

10593013_541918429243541_1344749335972834498_n.jpg

Elaborate further please.

US invasion had an aim to create Kurdistan. Since 2003 I have been seeing Sunni and Shia are killing eachother, occassionally some US troops.

Have you checked the expansion of Kurds since 1990's? Well i am in my thirties. Have seen the first gulf war on tv as a child. First US meddled in Iraqi issues by creating no fly zone, then (i think in 1995) Americans arranged an united Kurdish front by creating forced alliance between Barzani and Talabani.

With the 2nd Gulf War, kurds slowly exerted their dominion over Kerkuk and Nineveh Plains. Well, Kirkuk is now Kurdish territory. Now it is time for Mosul. US will hand it over to Kurds, not to central Iraqi government. All because of Sunni-Shia division.

US invasion had an aim to create Kurdistan. Since 2003 I have been seeing Sunni and Shia are killing eachother, occassionally some US troops.

Have you checked the expansion of Kurds since 1990's? Well i am in my thirties. Have seen the first gulf war on tv as a child. First US meddled in Iraqi issues by creating no fly zone, then (i think in 1995) Americans arranged an united Kurdish front by creating forced alliance between Barzani and Talabani.

With the 2nd Gulf War, kurds slowly exerted their dominion over Kerkuk and Nineveh Plains. Well, Kirkuk is now Kurdish territory. Now it is time for Mosul. US will hand it over to Kurds, not to central Iraqi government. All because of Sunni-Shia division.
And now turkey is expanding and supporting kurdish permanence in political muscle, economic stability and self reliance. I don't see how this is related to saving the kurds at the expense of sunnis.

And now turkey is expanding and supporting kurdish permanence. I don't see how this is related to saving the kurds at the expense of sunnis.

Turkish government is not Turk in ethnicity. People are being cheated with Islamic references. US action behind the scenes.

US made a sabotage, Iraqi forces dissolved in front of IS advance. Maliki got thrown out. Now new iraqi gov. is at the hands of pro-US guys. This new government would do anything to guarentee Kurdish success.

Why are you dying for? Ask yourself.

Turkish government is not Turk in ethnicity. People are being cheated with Islamic references. US action behind the scenes.

US made a sabotage, Iraqi forces dissolved in front of IS advance. Maliki got thrown out. Now new iraqi gov. is at the hands of pro-US guys. This new government would do anything to guarentee Kurdish success.

Why are you dying for? Ask yourself.

There are many possibilities & conspiracy theories, we can't know

Back
Top Bottom