What's new

The INSAS 5.56mm Rifle - A close and careful look

Well What about the Amogh and Excalibur Rifles?

4367052573_bc13fa0992.jpg

At one point there was even INSAS bullpups. They didnt like it I guess.

jacobtheindoamerican-albums-stuff-2-picture3267-insas-bullpup.jpg

Look at the length between the two.

jacobtheindoamerican-albums-stuff-2-picture3268-insas-bullpup-2.gif

Last edited:
I think we need a replacement to INSAS before any corner shot.

Tavor, micro uzi, msmc, sterling...lots of personal defense/close quarter combat weapons but heavily lacking in true rifle category. What do Indians use for marksman rifles and general duty machine gun/squad assist weapon?? Doesn't the Insas also come in a heavier setup for use as lmg?

India should order POF EYE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

cornershot.jpg

pof_eye_expo1.jpg

Have to admit, that thing looks badass. :tup:

But as for INSAS, i was thinking its time we replace it. I know it was the rifle used in Kargil, but thats no indication it was good. soldiers did complain about certain features of the rifle.

Excalibur looks promising. we should further develop it, and probably make a bull-pup design, since it reduces rifle length and weight without compromising accuracy or muzzle velocity.

India should order POF EYE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

cornershot.jpg

pof_eye_expo1.jpg

When we can buy it from the original makers of this technology, why go for Pof Eye.... Israeli Corner Shot Is Heading Our way for the NSG, But has Pakistan Inducted these for Your Men First???

When we can buy it from the original makers of this technology, why go for Pof Eye.... Israeli Corner Shot Is Heading Our way for the NSG, But has Pakistan Inducted these for Your Men First???

Corner shot isn't distributed at the squad level but they are in service. They aren't used much in a military role yet. I doubt police even use them unless needed for rapid response high threat situation.

Tavor, micro uzi, msmc, sterling...lots of personal defense/close quarter combat weapons but heavily lacking in true rifle category. What do Indians use for marksman rifles and general duty machine gun/squad assist weapon?? Doesn't the Insas also come in a heavier setup for use as lmg?

Vidhwansakis an Indian multi-caliber anti-materiel rifle (AMR) or large-caliber sniper rifle manufactured by Ordnance Factory, Tiruchirapalli. It can be used in the anti-materiel role for destroying enemy bunkers, lightly armoured vehicles, radar systems, communication equipment, parked aircraft, fuel storage facilities, etc. It is also effective in long range sniping, counter sniping and ordnance disposal roles.

jacobtheindoamerican-albums-stuff-2-picture3269-vidhwansak-1.jpg

jacobtheindoamerican-albums-stuff-2-picture3270-vidhwansak-2.jpg

Dragunov sniper rifle is the standard sniper rifle in the Indian army.

jacobtheindoamerican-albums-stuff-2-picture3271-indian-sniper-1.gif

jacobtheindoamerican-albums-stuff-2-picture3272-indian-sniper-2.jpg

jacobtheindoamerican-albums-stuff-2-picture3273-indian-sniper-3.jpg

This is the INSAS LMG

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom