What's new

INSAS assault rifle (India)

@Zarvan DRDO MCIWS to replace INSAS

CqClKNb.jpg

pXXnwBu.jpg

INSAS finished it service.I think there is no further orders from Indian Army .They are now aimed for multicaliber rifle

I've read that older INSAS rifles are being replaced with newer improved INSAS 1b1.Don't know about Army but paramilitary is getting them and I myself has spotted them.

XgSQT.jpg

Insas looks like a POS rifle, no offence to Indian members.

:D

Don't get carried away by the looks my friend,it has bee a reliable and effective weapon for us.\

attachment.php

Last edited:
I've read that older INSAS rifles are being replaced with newer improved INSAS 1b1.Don't know about Army but paramilitary is getting them and I myself has spotted them.

XgSQT.jpg

Don't get carried away by the looks my friend,it has bee a reliable and effective weapon for us.\
Insas finished their service only in Indian Army.But not Paramilitary.
Paramilitary is still using them .But I dont know about newly system.Where did you see that?

Paramilitary is still using them .But I dont know about newly system.Where did you see that?
INSAS hasn't finished their service in the army bro,service gets finished only when they no longer uses the rifle,which is not the case with INSAS. Improved 1b1 features new paint,which reduces heat absorbed in desert ( the black insas was rejected coz it absorbs heat in desert and in the open),better metallurgy (reduced weight). I got this info from kunal biswas of ***,who clicked those pics. I have seen the same rifle with CISF guys in TVM airport who were using older INSAS before.

Moreover an insas costs us 8th inr. So it is better value for money.

Mate Insas will serve in our Army for atleast 10 more years if not more before being replaced completely.
And new batches of Insas are flawless and all previous problems have been rectified in them.

I am no expert bro,please tell me how did you reached that twist rate?

Well you said 1 turn in 200 mm, that means ( I convert 200 mm to inches which is 7.87 inches) that for every 7.87 inches of barrel the round will make one complete rotation. Rotation is added to the round to help stabilize the round when it is traveling through air.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom