What's new

INSAS assault rifle (India)

Well you said 1 turn in 200 mm, that means ( I convert 200 mm to inches which is 7.87 inches) that for every 7.87 inches of barrel the round will make one complete rotation. Rotation is added to the round to help stabilize the round when it is traveling through air.
oh! I didn't see that you converted it to inches! So, twist is 1:200mm which is equal to 1:7.87inch.

10154122_627737840646459_1521310650428610939_n.jpg

@Zarvan

These two rifles ZH-05 and Daewoo K11 deserve their own separate threads.

Include their pics and vids available on the net.

Thanks.

AK-12_Engineering_technologies_international_forum_-_2012_01.jpg

AK-12

pXXnwBu.jpg

MCIWS India

what kind of similarity you're trying to point out??
The shoulder stock,barrel length ,holding front grip,fire selector and the length and style of the magazine is kinda similar.
On top of that the multi caliber concept is similar too .As best as i know AK-12 is one of the first assault rifles who came up with the multi caliber concept.

personally if the Germans would sell it to us, I would have gone HK-416 and HK-417 to replace all current QBZ-95.

Then add in our ZH-05 as a complement.

I got to say why didn't India go for either license production or buy German guns? Even Americans deem it very good. It's just a great gun.

The shoulder stock,barrel length ,holding front grip,fire selector and the length and style of the magazine

Shoulder Stock----different kind of Shoulder stock.Ak-12 has Stock Latch,while MCIWS has adjustable stock.plus,Ak-12 has Folding Stock as well.Probably,MCIWS will also come with similar folding or smaller folding stock.

Barrel Length-- Ak-12---16.3''
MCIWS--probably 18.3'',similar as INSAS

Holding Front grip--funny,many guns also have similar holding front grip

Fire Selector-- Ak-12--Full Auto or 3 rounds burst
MCIWS-Single and Full Auto
so,it is different

Length-AK-12 is longer

Magazine-- AK-12--it uses various kind of magazines,30-round magazines,45-round magazines,while specifically designed 30-round magazine with bolt-catch actuator, a 60-round quad-stack magazine, and a 95-round drum is under development.7.62 Soviet-chambered version is compatible with AKM/RPK 30-round and 40-round magazines and 75-round drums.

MCIWS-For now,Transparent 30 Round magazine which Insas used.

Last edited:
DRDO Multical Rifle Unveiled

i0m2.jpg

DRDO is set to unveil the multi-caliber individual weapon system (MCIWS) being develped by the Armaments Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune, which will allow operators to alternatively fire 7.62mm, 5.56mm and 6.8 mm rounds by changing the barrel group, breech block & magazine. Provision has also been made to mount an indigenous 40 mm Under Barrel grenade Launcher (UBGL) (pictured above) capable of firing programmable air-burst rounds. CCD camera day sight and thermal imaging night sight can also be mounted on its picatinny rail system to engage targets in day & night conditions. The weapon body is machined with Aluminium alloy and a metal insert based 30 Round engineering plastic magazine and adjustable butt are also featured. Ambidextrous features for cocking, lever change and magazine change have also been incorporated.

Parts used ===== >>

aTUmPm9.jpg

=============
=============

AD8JBaa.jpg

What i can make out, The rifle butt is AR-15 influenced, P-rail provide for optics and UBGL so does laser, The reviver is like Kalantak, Its hard to comment now ..

Hope to see if this prototype displayed in Defexpo 2014 ..

Shoulder Stock----different kind of Shoulder stock.Ak-12 has Stock Latch,while MCIWS has adjustable stock.plus,Ak-12 has Folding Stock as well.Probably,MCIWS will also come with similar folding or smaller folding stock.

Barrel Length-- Ak-12---16.3''
MCIWS--probably 18.3'',similar as INSAS

Holding Front grip--funny,many guns also have similar holding front grip

Fire Selector-- Ak-12--Full Auto or 3 rounds burst
MCIWS-Single and Full Auto
so,it is different

Length-AK-12 is longer

Magazine-- AK-12--it uses various kind of magazines,30-round magazines,45-round magazines,while specifically designed 30-round magazine with bolt-catch actuator, a 60-round quad-stack magazine, and a 95-round drum is under development.7.62 Soviet-chambered version is compatible with AKM/RPK 30-round and 40-round magazines and 75-round drums.

MCIWS-For now,Transparent 30 Round magazine which Insas used.
I did not mean the specifications i meant the design concept which looks same ,

Back
Top Bottom