What's new

The INSAS 5.56mm Rifle - A close and careful look

Try to have a chat with these guys with the new INSAS :wave:

kathmandu_wideweb__430x297.jpg
How many regiments are equipped with the latest versions of INSAS? Are these guns equipped with multiple options for shooting like semi-auto, 3-burst fire, automatic and stuff?

if not, then it is a waste of time and we scrap the INSAS project off and put a new one with one of the new many private firms.

update: I just read that any soldier who breaks the magazine or the plastic furniture is required to pay up for the cost from his own paycheck... :angry:

and apparently they break even with minor accidents like when it slips when leaning against a wall.

WTF...So during war the soldier will be concentrating on protecting the gun instead of protecting the country.......

How many regiments are equipped with the latest versions of INSAS? Are these guns equipped with multiple options for shooting like semi-auto, 3-burst fire, automatic and stuff?

if not, then it is a waste of time and we scrap the INSAS project off and put a new one with one of the new many private firms.

Agreed, not saying the rifle is bad but there seems to be a number of reports to suggest that its not optimal for use in some conditions.

Sometimes its better to recognize if a product is viable or not and taking correct steps to rectify, otherwise you end up with a huge inventory of it and that delays the production of a new product which could actually be better.

I dont like INSAS. Its like FAL, G3, etc.. Need something new.

Those chunks of plastic are hardly a step forward. By the way how is INSAS like FAL, G3? Care to elaborate? G3 is still a proven hardy, painful battle rifle.

There are some others being developed.

jacobtheindoamerican-albums-stuff-2-picture3265-msmc-5.jpg

jacobtheindoamerican-albums-stuff-2-picture3264-msmc-7.jpg

jacobtheindoamerican-albums-stuff-2-picture3266-msmc-8.jpg

I dont like INSAS. Its like FAL, G3, etc.. Need something new.
What about that gun in the backgroun in the last pic? the one that has ARDE written beside it? If we're designing that, how freaking long does it take to design and manufacture a goddamn assault rifle when we've got indigneous stealth frigates operational already? :angry:

When's that gun gonna be released?

If the above PDW is in 9mm then I will have to say India designed it 30 years too late. It looks like a domestic Uzi copy. India did buy many micro uzi from israel.

I am fed up with all this bs..... I advice all pak members to first decide whether kargil war fought b/w PA and IA or b/w terrorists and IA ...... bcoz half of them say it was the terrorists and the other half say it was the PA ....!!!

What about that gun in the backgroun in the last pic? the one that has ARDE written beside it? If we're designing that, how freaking long does it take to design and manufacture a goddamn assault rifle when we've got indigneous stealth frigates operational already? :angry:

When's that gun gonna be released?

Thats the gun that supposed to replace insas and goes with the F-INSAS project. The first phase of the F-INSAS is to create a multi caliber rifle to replace INSAS.

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

If the above PDW is in 9mm

It is not a 9mm.

Thats the gun that supposed to replace insas and goes with the F-INSAS project. The first phase of the F-INSAS is to create a multi caliber rifle to replace INSAS.

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

It is not a 9mm.

IMO the rifle looks something more suitable for Close Quarter Combat so I am not too sure if its meant to replace the INSAS assault rifle.

What round does it use because the clip looks too short to accommodate standard 5.56 or 7.76 mm rounds.

IMO the rifle looks something more suitable for Close Quarter Combat so I am not too sure if its meant to replace the INSAS assault rifle.

What round does it use because the clip looks too short to accommodate standard 5.56 or 7.76 mm rounds.

Not to replace INSAS, but sterling. The "multi caliber rifle" is supposed to replace INSAS..

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom