What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

The below listings are based on a 100 gram serving of each (the equivalent of 3.53 ounces), listed in a descending order from the highest amount of protein to the lowest amount of protein.The source of the data listed here is the USDA Nutrient Database

NdMvQ.png
N3jc7.png
5gaGj.png
5uJ62.png
u1hdG.png

Brisk walk 30 minutes daily , twice a week push ups (Hindu) and quads 4 sets each 9 to 11 raps best for fitness and strength.

Use virgin Olive oil for cooking and eat daily Whole wheat bread , organic Milk , organic eggs and fish or Beef or Mutton and apple daily.

Better not eat too much rice , suger , cream .salt .

nice thread...
my question is how i can improve my Chin UPs .my upper body is not very strong and i can do only 3 proper chin ups.i am 5'10 and 68kg. any suggestions ?

in gym, begin with less wt [not high wt or your body wt]--- at home , put a chair below the top rod fixed somewhere , rest one leg[knee] over that chair , it will reduce your lifting wt to half your body wt

The sanest advice that I ever heard about working out and building muscle mass was from a seasoned SSG operator who told me that when you build an exercise regimen, make sure that you keep it as such where it does not become burdensome...meaning you should not be spending so much time in the gym that it requires your mind and body to be prepped to get "in the mood" for working out.

If you can come across a happy medium which is not too strenuous, you are much more likely to carry this training regimen for the rest of your life as a part of your routine. Having done my share of bench pressing max outs and the rest of bakvas and realizing that age catches up while you cannot maintain the intensity and the muscle mass you had in younger days, this is the sanest advice that I have heard in all my years.

What i have noticed about myself is, that i rarely want to go to the gym, but then once i am in the gym i get really hyped up and get all the motivation needed all of a sudden. Maybe its the atmosphere there. Either way, the big motivation question for me is to get to the gym, once i am there, no problems.

_______________________-

A good way of finding out if you are fit or not is the BMI (Body Mass Index),

Body mass index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BMI healthy weight calculator - Health tools - NHS Choices

I scored 22.8 which is "healthy".

lol...did a 120kg bench press today and that too within a week of getting outta dengue!! haha...
The dengue ws kind of blessing in disguise coz it took away lot of unwanted mass...now i can start afresh :))

went in the gym after 6 months and was able to lift 50kg bench press[semi inclined at smith machine]-- i had left at 70kg -- and now my upper pecs are killing me even after protien powder---- this time i will concentrate more on cardio as no matter how much muscles you gain if youre not shredded you look fat:sick:

i havent gone to the gym for some months-- need some inspiration..

my new year's resolution was to take better care of myself.....i quit smoking but relapsed, which is bad....

but i'll typically run about 10km every day after work; do free weights and pushups 3 to 4 times / week.

play squash and tennis religiously on weekends.....trying to find a good deal online on a racebike.

also trying to integrate more greens (vegetables) in my diet though i havent been doing the best job of that

i havent gone to the gym for some months-- need some inspiration..

impress the ladies......that can be some motivation for you :P

Back
Top Bottom