What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

maybe you dont want to read my posts .. but you will listen to a chick

Last edited by a moderator:
2 years ago I used to be slightly chubby so in the summer of 2010, I decided to lose weight and ended up losing 40 pounds in 3 months. I don't mind being skinny since I'm tall and look better than before and feel great but I need to put some muscle on. Might start hitting the gym soon. btw the user scooby1961 on youtube is freakin amazing, anyone that wants to start working out or lose weight should consider following his advice.

Have been doing weight training for the past 5 years - one advice - watch out for form, form, form. Not that I followed my own advice here but have seen the consequences of not following it.

^your ideal wt might be roughly 70-72 wt---weight training plus cardio -- no soda/cake etc
Isn't 72Kg too low for a 6 feet tall guy ... !!! For a 20 Year old it might be OK, but I would say maintenance weight for a 6 feet guy should be 78-80Kg.

& Pak-Nationalist, in my experience "FASTest" way to loose wt is to "FAST" .
But this causes protein loss in your body & if u r trying to build muscles as well then fasting can hurt ur muscle mass.
So, in that case running/jogging is what I would go for to loose weight along with high protein diet & least amount of carbs.
=
=
=
Video below is on Side Effects of anabolic steroids ,,, features the guy whose photos were posted earlier in this thread ... He developed pus in his biceps from use of infected syringe ...

I saw a boy in Lahore on surgery table... his pecs had to be removed coz he developed PUS(Abscess) in there ,,, he used to inject steroids directly into his pecs... now sadly he is disabled from using pecs at all ...

(5 part series)
http://youtu.be/zeURjQZeQDM

Ahh now, here's a subject I know a bit about. Being a total loser back in school, and absolutely terrible at all kinds of athletics, I got into fitness when I was only 12. So it's been 12 years since then and I've fluctuated between all kinds of weights and phases. I've been everywhere from 130 pounds to 175 pounds (I'm only 5'9) and everything in between, depending on what I'd be focusing on at any given time. In my irrational phase of trying to bench press an unnecessary amount of weight, the extra poundage came in handy; but when I wanted to become leaner and less bulky, it became far more of a hindrance.

If there is one thing to be mindful about, when building muscles, is to understand proportion. It isn't about being the biggest guy, but what looks good for one's self, depending on the natural structure of one's body. Also, what a person is hoping to accomplish through their workouts should be most important in deciding what kind of routine is required. Many people build muscle at the expense of their larger fitness goals. Being a 200 pound guy with big arms who can't run and eats like crazy is hardly better than someone who doesn't workout at all.

Most effective abs exercise i have seen so far....enjoy...

Last edited by a moderator:
i am happy when i catch people looking at me [in stealth mode] via the big mirrors on the opposite walls of the gyms -- nothing can beat that:smokin:

i stopped doing abs -- as i employ that time by doing cardio

Have been doing weight training for the past 5 years - one advice - watch out for form, form, form. Not that I followed my own advice here but have seen the consequences of not following it.

yes -- form particularly in squats , deadlifts and bicep curls --- really am amused what some people do to lift those wts

i do daily 40 push ups and go for walk about 5 kms.My weight is 80 kg and i dont know how i got it :(
but m very slim :lol:

Isn't 72Kg too low for a 6 feet tall guy ... !!! For a 20 Year old it might be OK, but I would say maintenance weight for a 6 feet guy should be 78-80Kg.

& Pak-Nationalist, in my experience "FASTest" way to loose wt is to "FAST" .
But this causes protein loss in your body & if u r trying to build muscles as well then fasting can hurt ur muscle mass.
So, in that case running/jogging is what I would go for to loose weight along with high protein diet & least amount of carbs.
=
=
=
Video below is on Side Effects of anabolic steroids ,,, features the guy whose photos were posted earlier in this thread ... He developed pus in his biceps from use of infected syringe ...

I saw a boy in Lahore on surgery table... his pecs had to be removed coz he developed PUS(Abscess) in there ,,, he used to inject steroids directly into his pecs... now sadly he is disabled from using pecs at all ...

(5 part series)
http://youtu.be/zeURjQZeQDM

I never brought my wt down -- i only end up changing my body composition as i employ both wts and cardio -- the apparent change is the chest to waist ratio

Ahh now, here's a subject I know a bit about. Being a total loser back in school, and absolutely terrible at all kinds of athletics, I got into fitness when I was only 12. So it's been 12 years since then and I've fluctuated between all kinds of weights and phases. I've been everywhere from 130 pounds to 175 pounds (I'm only 5'9) and everything in between, depending on what I'd be focusing on at any given time. In my irrational phase of trying to bench press an unnecessary amount of weight, the extra poundage came in handy; but when I wanted to become leaner and less bulky, it became far more of a hindrance.

If there is one thing to be mindful about, when building muscles, is to understand proportion. It isn't about being the biggest guy, but what looks good for one's self, depending on the natural structure of one's body. Also, what a person is hoping to accomplish through their workouts should be most important in deciding what kind of routine is required. Many people build muscle at the expense of their larger fitness goals. Being a 200 pound guy with big arms who can't run and eats like crazy is hardly better than someone who doesn't workout at all.

talking about proportion -- i finally saw some guys in shorts yesterday -- they had twigs instead of legs -- and their biceps where double their hams

After that i went on a treadmill -- saw a fat dude walking and drinking moutain dew at the same time :argh:

Back
Top Bottom