What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

This thread should be made a sticky. We have freggin fashion and post of the day threads as stickies. At least this thread is about health, proper diet and how to build and maintain your body. Sticky please.

This really is a cool thread...always been a gym rat...I've been working out since I was 12...so 10 years now...thats what a lack of athletic talent will do to you...but its nice to know there are some other fellow addicts on here.

Wow, what a loser!

Before you follow his advice, ask yourself: do you want to spend the rest of your life eating beans and oats soaked in water? Might as well hook yourself up to a protein drip and really reduce those calories...

Meals are not a social occasion; meals don't have to taste good :rofl:
I can just imagine if this guy ever gets a girlfriend, she will be partying with some guy buying her steak and booze, while this schmuck is eating beans in water alone in front of his computer and admiring his pecs...

The guy is like 40 years old and married.

greg-valentino-biggest-biceps-in-world-carson-tv-show-2.jpg

big%20biceps.jpg

You like my biceps? Lol..

This guys biceps supposedly exploded.

I'm not a gym addict but I definitely do my regular cardio, 3-5 miles in each session and 4-5 days a week. I'm on and off in weights, lately ive started lifting again and definitely seen an improvement. Diet wise, I've found out it's too hard to stick to a strict healthy and untasty diet. Though, I try to eat healthy most of the time but theres always mutton biryani, koftas and chapli kabab that are just too hard to pass.

I'm not a gym addict but I definitely do my regular cardio, 3-5 miles in each session and 4-5 days a week. I'm on and off in weights, lately ive started lifting again and definitely seen an improvement. Diet wise, I've found out it's too hard to stick to a strict healthy and untasty diet. Though, I try to eat healthy most of the time but theres always mutton biryani, koftas and chapli kabab that are just too hard to pass.

I don't know about the fixation in India-pak with "body-building"...
My dad told me that the best way to define fitness is
100%Fitness=33.33%Muscle strength + 33.33%flexibility + 33.33%endurance
All my life I have met people trying to gain muscle-mass and bulk-up as much as possible to the point that they cant stretch their arms and legs...cant bend enough to pick up a cricket ball etc...
I have met thin people who can run for hours but cant lift their bodies up on a rope...cant do 10 push-ups....but think they are fit...

I run for 40 minutes(25 in the morning when I do core cardio and 15 in the evening to warm-up before I start weight-training everyday(around 8 kms)...at a good speed...I brought it down from 90 minutes at slow speed as it was counter-productive...and I wasn't building any real muscle mass even though my lifting ability increased...
I do not consume any protein supplements...(have had friends and coaches almost begging me to have some form of whey or cretanine...)
it's only 5 egg whiteys for me...
I have tried the fitness programs of the Indian army and the NSG...and I have been able to finish their programs with ease...
I do bicep curls with 20k,25k,30k,35k weight..which is less than what a lot of people do...but is enough to allow me to do 18 chin-ups without breaking sweat..
I bench 80kgs only...my frinds bench as much as 150....but it's enough to allow me to do 150 push-ups in 90 seconds...

in the end...your body adds upto 6 new blood vessels for every 1kg mass you put-up...6 for fat..and around 8 for muscle...
so there is a limit your heart can handle...for the core of fitness is a healthy heart..
if you bulk-up without any regard to what is fit and required...you'd not achieve health...you'd choke your heart for beating space...

The guy is like 40 years old and married.

Consider the comment suitably modified for each reader.

My point remains: just because the internet allows every schmuck with a video camera to post his crap, you have to use common sense. Can you live the rest of your life eating oats soaked in water?

Silly diets are no substitute for a sustainable, common sense lifestyle.

@ antibody and other inform member
i have not read the whole thread yet but want to know
can i racing /light weight lifting chest expending type exercise with my skinny body with only 39 kg in 5'5'' ?

^^ why not! skinny people get muscle definition quickly aswell.

but dont only do 1 bench press -- do atleast 5 excercises to cater for a balanced body look-- shoulder press, bench press ,pull up, rows,squats/extensions, deadlift/curls

@monitor try doing pull ups and push ups for starters and carry small weights. Also, take proteins or try to gain some weight as u r only 39 kg, which puts u into sevrely underweight section, and u wont gain much muscle if u stay that way

monitor, plz do read and listen to the posts on page 1 of this thread!!!!!

whats yr age?? i think you should take weight gainers -- or desi protien shake plus multi vitamins-- [ingredients in my first post here]-- or protien scoop +plus 2 spoons galxose-d plus multi vitamin

5 meals + 1 meal like protien shake/day....... but meal quantity/meal can be reduced

notice most of my posted videos are on nutrition and compound excercises

dont take steroids--ive never tried them , but my gym instructors use em and then approach me to treat there side effects

May I join the club?
I started once, and had too tight and huge multiple biceps and visible 4 pack, felt 6 packs.

I left it cause its too tough, and I am more than too lazy :P

when you start body building , you gain quick muscle mass for the first 6 months--' newbie gains'

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Time to make winter fat into Summer muscles

is there any magic bullet..errr magic pill?

Back
Top Bottom