What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

For protien supplements I would recommend ON or Muscle Tech.

U also need to have a good balanced diet,merely protien supplements won't do.I am going to the GYM since last year.

I joined the GYM FOR 6 PACKS, I would also recommend Yoga (Pranaym,Surya Namaskar)

Weight : 188lbs
Height: 5"11"
Body fat: 12.2% Current , will be around 9-10 in summer
Body type: Muscular

I have been working out for last 10 years, My current supplement profile for Winter gain is :
Pre Workout: 2 week cycle for BSN Hyper FX/BSN NO xplode
Post work out Protein: ON 100% Gold Standard / BSN Syntha 6/ Nitrotech
Slow release: Mix of Gold Standard Casein and Bsn Syntha 6 - (2:1)
Protein Bar: MP Combat crunch
Multi Vitamin: ON Optimen/ Universal Animal Pak

For protien supplements I would recommend ON or Muscle Tech.

U also need to have a good balanced diet,merely protien supplements won't do.I am going to the GYM since last year.

I joined the GYM FOR 6 PACKS, I would also recommend Yoga (Pranaym,Surya Namaskar)

I think supplements should come in late after a year or two of game that too if the individual plans on to moving ahead to professional level or having very muscular physique. Otherwise natural balanced diet should be enough to meet the needs of the body.

(Its my opinion only)

Alternate your exercises. For example, Monday = Chest, Tuesday = Shoulders and Arm, Wednesday = Legs and back and repeat the order.

If you perform the same routine each day, you'll not see much results due to muscles and body adapting/ getting used to the same stress.

Only take the whey protein, dont go into other mumbo jumbo else you'll regret it later.

:o: you broke my heart. Well it depends on the individual himself you know, one of my friends started the regime to stay fit but later on he developed craze for being muscular. He would say the same thing it's a waste of time, I remember how I persuaded him to just visit gym regularly for a month with me. It all started with just to shed fats from his growing tummy and ended with him being passionate body building fan :D
A brisk walk or light sprinting 30 minutes (at-least 5km) in the morning and 30 minutes (at-least 5km) in the evening is all that one needs to keep a check on tummy fat and stay fit. Rest comes from the diet intake. After 40, cut your normal diet by 40%, and after 50, by 50% to compensate for ever slowing metabolism.

Yes, keep an eye on your stool color. Darker stool is not good, reduce meat and fat and eat/drink more natural (not sweetened crap) yogurt and milk. Yogurt adds good bugs in your intestine that help digesting food, and lower strain on the intestines.

A brisk walk or light sprinting 30 minutes (at-least 5km) in the morning and 30 minutes (at-least 5km) in the evening is all that one needs to keep a check on tummy fat and stay fit. Rest comes from the diet intake. After 40, cut your normal diet by 40%, and after 50, by 50% to compensate for ever slowing metabolism.

Sir I would say that trying to stay fit and body building are two different sports (they may have same core goal of being healthy). Not every individual is fit for body building, I have seen builder over the age of 50 winning the local titles here. I remember it was one Afghan (some very good builders) around 45+ of age with very good built who would visit our gym regularly.

Sir I would say that trying to stay fit and body building are two different sports (they may have same core goal of being healthy). Not every individual is fit for body building, I have seen builder over the age of 50 winning the local titles here. I remember it was one Afghan (some very good builders) around 45+ of age with very good built who would visit our gym regularly.
You are right but if the goal is to stay fit, body building is unnecessary and even harmful for certain individuals. In-fact most body builders are not 'fit' as per strict medical/physiological standards.

Weight: 65 kg
body type: Athletic, with sharp defined muscles.
Height: 5.8 ft

I was into this body building stuff full time, ahh it was my passion and sometimes spent 3-4 hours in a go in gym and did win a title at gym level, but now am left with building only, body disappeared :D :D. Its been ages I saw an interior of gym again. :cray:
Age don't matter Bhaii :D :D Time get fit once again ...

I think supplements should come in late after a year or two of game that too if the individual plans on to moving ahead to professional level or having very muscular physique. Otherwise natural balanced diet should be enough to meet the needs of the body.

(Its my opinion only)
I consulted my coach just out of curiosity I bought one protien supplement named Muscle Tech(2 kgs for Rs 4000/- ($65) . I got the results.I even lost 10 kilos in 6 months.

Weight : 188lbs
Height: 5"11"
Body fat: 12.2% Current , will be around 9-10 in summer
Body type: Muscular

I have been working out for last 10 years, My current supplement profile for Winter gain is :
Pre Workout: 2 week cycle for BSN Hyper FX/BSN NO xplode
Post work out Protein: ON 100% Gold Standard / BSN Syntha 6/ Nitrotech
Slow release: Mix of Gold Standard Casein and Bsn Syntha 6 - (2:1)
Protein Bar: MP Combat crunch
Multi Vitamin: ON Optimen/ Universal Animal Pak
Oh god .That's whole lots of supplements . Am just a starting. Friends told me to take Creatine + L Glutamine + Protein powder. Am looking forward to it . What is your opinion bhai

You are right but if the goal is to stay fit, body building is unnecessary and even harmful for certain individuals. In-fact most body builders are not 'fit' as per strict medical/physiological standards.

The one thing I am sure about this sport is, it helps keep you focused and concentrated. And you sort of carry a confidence in you as well. I agree with your observation that its harmful for some, actually people (especially young) join the gym and think they would become Arnold in three months, that is where the problem is, one has to stay patient and dedicated with head down and straight to business, to earn his place and rank in gym :)

On other hand its also a risky game, one slight mishandling of weights or wrong posture and you are bound for disaster.

Oh god .That's whole lots of supplements . Am just a starting. Friends told me to take Creatine + L Glutamine + Protein powder. Am looking forward to it . What is your opinion bhai
Dont start with Creatine, There is no need for touching any supplements until you can get to alteast 300 Pushups. in multiple sets or a minimum of 50 pushups on one set.

Once you do get there start with simple Whey and a multi vitamin. Visit bodybuilding.com, very good resource for starting out.

I consulted my coach just out of curiosity I bought one protien supplement named Muscle Tech(2 kgs for Rs 4000/- ($65) . I got the results.I even lost 10 kilos in 6 months.
This is highway robbery if you ask me. What are these protein supplements? They are nothing but hydrolysed proteins mostly whey proteins (in fact only casein from dairy) that is digested or broken down by acid treatment. They do this to convert complex proteins into simpler polypeptides and amino acids that get absorbed in the intestine more rapidly.

Now here is the cost-effective solution. Before taking food, eat papaya some 100-250 grams. Now take protein, but in the form of minced meat. You'll get better quality protein together with lots of minerals and vitamins, which otherwise, you get form additional supplements.

Back
Top Bottom