What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

Age don't matter Bhaii :D :D Time get fit once again ...

Yar its not the age, its just that I don't have time for myself now :(. Believe me I still sometimes feel motivated to start all over again, the feel of those dumbbells and rods and posing is something that does not go away with age :D

I consulted my coach just out of curiosity I bought one protien supplement named Muscle Tech(2 kgs for Rs 4000/- ($65) . I got the results.I even lost 10 kilos in 6 months.

You are into body building or staying fit only?

Age 35
Hight 5.10
Weight 67

Joined gym year back. use mass gainer suppliment gain some weight and size .

Age 35
Hight 5.10
Weight 67

Joined gym year back. use mass gainer suppliment gain some weight and size .
Is this 67kg? if yes, you are too heavy for your height. You need to loose and not gain my friend.

Edit: My mistake. Your weight is little on the lower end for your height.

Last edited:
Is this 67kg? if yes, you are too heavy for your height. You need to loose and not gain my friend.

:o: I am 35, 5.8ft and 65kg sir......

I don't have fats on my tummy, can weight of body be attributed to body fats only?

:o: I am 35, 5.8ft and 65kg sir......

I don't have fats on my tummy, can weight of body be attributed to body fats only?
Mistake yaar. Being a scientist, I read numbers little differently. I thought the height was 5.10, but I realize it was 5' 10". For this hight, his weight is just fine and he may want to gain mass.

No, the body weight attributes to both, the fats, and the bone density, so you got it right.

This is highway robbery if you ask me. What are these protein supplements? They are nothing but hydrolysed proteins mostly whey proteins (in fact only casein from dairy) that is digested or broken down by acid treatment. They do this to convert complex proteins into simpler polypeptides and amino acids that get absorbed in the intestine more rapidly.

Now here is the cost-effective solution. Before taking food, eat papaya some 100-250 grams. Now take protein, but in the form of minced meat. You'll get better quality protein together with lots of minerals and vitamins, which otherwise, you get form additional supplements.
Correctly said,It was just of curosity, I bought one . Nowaday people in Bombay(now mumbai) are crazy for 6 packs after seeing the body of Hritik Roshan & Shah Rukh Khan flaunting their abdomen. My aim was to just to stay fit apart from 6 packs. I agree with what u have written. I also run on the Tread Mill for 10 minutes

Yar its not the age, its just that I don't have time for myself now :(. Believe me I still sometimes feel motivated to start all over again, the feel of those dumbbells and rods and posing is something that does not go away with age :D
You are into body building or staying fit only?
I am not in body building,it is just to stay Fit. I run on the thread mill for 10 minutes. I even managed to reduced my chlorestrol, weight (10 kilos). I go to the gym for 4 days in a week.

Correctly said,It was just of curosity, I bought one . Nowaday people in Bombay(now mumbai) are crazy for 6 packs after seeing the body of Hritik Roshan & Shah Rukh Khan flaunting their abdomen. My aim was to just to stay fit apart from 6 packs. I agree with what u have written. I also run on the Tread Mill for 10 minutes

Six packs is easy to attain yar if you don't have very excessive fats ....... but the thing is you need to have symmetry in other muscles too to flaunt that six pack.

For me over concentration and work out of one particular area of body will give it very bad taste in terms of fit shape.

I am not in body building,it is just to stay Fit. I run on the thread mill for 10 minutes. I even managed to reduced my chlorestrol, weight (10 kilos). I go to the gym for 4 days in a week.

Then I would suggest don't go for any supplements altogether, enough healthy diet to make your body cope with your workout is enough. Even for amateur body builders I would not suggest supplements at all in initial phases of their game.

Ten minutes on treadmill; I assume you go for high intensity cardio. I am sure you are aware that low-steady intensity cardio burns fat, whereas high intensity cardio burns carbs. I'll suggest you to go for alternate cardios, high intensity and low-steady intensity. That way you can trick the body not to go into routine and adjust to your exercise regime. At any rate, high intensity cardio is not a good idea in long term for it puts lots of strain on your knees. If you are into high-intensity cardio, alternate with cycling can reduce you joint wear and tear.

Ten minutes on treadmill; I assume you go for high intensity cardio. I am sure you are aware that low-steady intensity cardio burns fat, whereas high intensity cardio burns carbs. I'll suggest you to go for alternate cardios, high intensity and low-steady intensity. That way you can trick the body not to go into routine and adjust to your exercise regime. At any rate, high intensity cardio is not a good idea in long term for it puts lots of strain on your knees. If you are into high-intensity cardio, alternate with cycling can reduce you joint wear and tear.

That is some calculated expert advice :enjoy:

Height: 6'0
Weight: 69 kg

I have a weekly routine

Monday - abs and triceps, Tuesday - biceps and shoulders, Wednesday - Legs, Thursday - Chest and back, Friday - I usually just do squats and pull-ups.
I've recently joined a boxing club by my house. I've got the build, but I'm trying to get cut.

Edit: My mistake. Your weight is little on the lower end for your height.

I was about to say... lol

Usually those BMI calculators as bullshit

Height: 6'0
Weight: 69 kg

I have a weekly routine

Monday - abs and triceps, Tuesday - biceps and shoulders, Wednesday - Legs, Thursday - Chest and back, Friday - I usually just do squats and pull-ups.
I've recently joined a boxing club by my house. I've got the build, but I'm trying to get cut.

I am not the expert but I preferred doing abs every day at time of warm up with stretching and other stuff.

biceps and chest

Triceps and back

Shoulders and forearm (forearm was daily end of exercise routine)

and I was never good with thigh workout.

Height:5'9
weight:56

My routine

4 days devoted to Running that include
1 Tempo Run

2 SLD twice a week

1 Interval training of 400 mts

1 5k

plus one day for cross training

Last edited:
I am not the expert but I preferred doing abs every day at time of warm up with stretching and other stuff.

biceps and chest

Triceps and back

Shoulders and forearm (forearm was daily end of exercise routine)

and I was never good with thigh workout.

I personally would do abs every other day. It really depends on the individual. I forgot to mention I do abs 3x a week, mon,wed and friday. Monday I would do about 5 sets of 50 normal crunches and alternate with bicycle crunches 3 sets of 20-30. And then Tuesday I would do 5 sets of planks, core and each side for 45 seconds. Wednesday I would do Monday's ab workout again.

For thigh workouts, squats or running helps. I ended each day with a 5 km run near my park.

The thing with the biceps and chest is that you're pushing when doing chest and pulling when you work your biceps. I would recommend doing chest with triceps instead, because when you're bench pressing or dumb bell pressing, you're working your triceps as well. You don't want to overwork the same muscle the next day. Whatever works for you though

Height: 5'11

Weight: 185lbs / 83kg

Regimen --- 15 minutes eliptical, then 20 minutes inclined treadmill. Then 30 minutes of swimming.

I'm just trying to burn fat and tone right now. Don't really want to gain too much muscle mass.

Height:5'9
weight:56

My routine

4 days devoted to Running that include
1 Tempo Run

2 SLD twice a week

1 Interval training of 400 mts

1 5k

plus one day for cross training

Try adding swimming to your regimen, at least a 40 minute swim once a week. You'll see results in 2-3 weeks.

Height: 5'11

Weight: 185lbs / 83kg

Regimen --- 15 minutes eliptical, then 20 minutes inclined treadmill. Then 30 minutes of swimming.

I'm just trying to burn fat and tone right now. Don't really want to gain too much muscle mass.

I've taken to yoga recently. The Misses is big into it, I've never really been too interested (well, maybe...:azn:), but I have to say, it's actually a lot of fun. Good for you too. Apart from that I go for a daily jog with my dog. Too cold for most of my exercise activities. I like to kayak in the Rappahannock - can't do that when the river is frozen, bike ride and hike, like you, not too interested in big muscles. More toning.

Oh, and skiing, lots of skiing.

No more swimming for me though, snorkeling, I don't even go into my own pool!

Back
Top Bottom